Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Age of marriage for a hindu man

Re: Age of marriage for a hindu man

Namaste Shri Sarabhanga.
    You said:
    I have not the qualifications to be a Kshatriya" ~ i.e. (from your accepted definition) you have no determination, no courage, no generosity, and no leadership ~ and yet most of your previous posts have been talking about gaining supernatural powers in order to control the world according to your own wishes!
    Where did I say that I want to control the world?????????????????
    I wish to obtain siddhis in order to help people (for example,healing people with some disease) and for my own personal pleasure.To control the world requires to be a powerful being like Hiranyakasipu or Ravana!
    You told me that one who wants siddhi can't obtain them tough yoga.Of course I will have to follow other methods:for example mantra-siddhi.Extreme mortification aren't a good idea for me.The chimicanl means(like drugs) are poison for the body and for the soul.
    I will have to get initiated from a guru in mantra-siddhi.One mantra will give me a power.Another mantra will give me another power.In order to be a very powerful siddha,I should get initiated in many mantras!!!!
    I don't know if this is possible.
    And regarding the "control of the world",please note that I am not interested in the "dark side of the force".
    I want the light side.
    However I don't need further elaboration.I did understand what you mean to say in your post.
    Regards,
    Orlando.

Namaste all.
    Folks,please read the answer that I had in hindunetforum.
    By http://www.hindunet.com/forum/showfl...b=5&o=&fpart=1
    I dont remember any explanation as to when one belonging to shudra sect is to marry, but if you're talking about "born into a shudra family" please refrain from that.

All dwijas (braahmans - intellectual; kshatriyas - administrative; vaisya - business-minded) are to marry minimum after the age of 24.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga
    Orlando,

If you are surprised by my comments, it is only because you have not grasped ANY of my posts on the matter of of Varna, both here and on HinduNet forum.
    Namaste.
    Shri Sarabhanga Giri,I was surprised only because of the following reason:by reading my posts both here and on HinduNet forum you should have understand that a person like me is not made to be a Brahmana.I think that by reading my posts one can understand what kind of person I am.How can you expect that a person like me would wish become a Brahmana????
    To be a Brahmana requires a austere life.I am not still read to leave all wordly pleasures(listening to music,watch film in DVD,sexual life with married partner,etc).
    I will never can be a brahmana.
    I repeat:How can you expect that a person like me would wish become a Brahmana????
    If someone believes that a person like me could become a Brahmana,then one should even believe that Hitler and Stalin were holy people!!

Regards,
    Orlando.

Arrow Re: Age of marriage for a hindu man

Quote Originally Posted by Bhakta of God
    To be a Brahmana requires a austere life.I am not still read to leave all wordly pleasures(listening to music,watch film in DVD,sexual life with married partner,etc).
    Namaste,

There is no rule that a brahmana must reject all worldly pleasures. Normally he is NOT supposed to, but also have to pass all four ashramas, incl. grihastha. As an exception man can become sannyasi directly from being brahmachari, but this is an exception only.

Vedic brahmana MUST be married. If he is unmarried, he is disqualified from ANY Vedic rituals, including great Yajnas. A Guru or acharya for grihasthis preferrably has to be also married — and usually a brahmana.

In some sects of Hinduism no rejection of the world is implied at all for any upasaka, even a Siddha.

Forever lost in Samsara.

A Brahmana is one who knows the true word of God, and a Brahmacari is one who faithfully follows the transmitted instruction and aspires to truly know God.
    I will never can be a brahmana.
    OK Orlando, I give up.

Re: Forever lost in Samsara.

OK Orlando, I give up.
    Thanks Shri Sarabhanga.I am happy to see that finally you did understand the truth about me.
    Regards,
    Orlando.

I think with the four fold classification, the religion has confused more people than it has satisfied.

In the modern context,

If you are employed or doing service for somebody you are a sudra, irrespective of what you claim to be. You may be earning a few lakh per month, but you are still a "white collared" sudra only.

If you do some business you can call yourself a Vaishiya.

If your job is the protection of other people in some way, a health worker, a soldier, Red cross etc, you are kind of Kshatriya - more of Karma Yoga, people who works selflessly for others and protect saints and sages.

If your main interest( perhaps the only) is connected with religion and God, you are a Brahmana. A Brahmin is not typically expected to seek employment and work under the orders of somebody, and he has God alone as his master. The thing is such kind of serving two masters, God and a human( who might be a staunch materialist) are not compatoble with a Brahmin. If your "boss' is doing some unfair things related to his business you will inherit the share of this sin, and for this reasons Brahmins do not seek employment. The Brahmana caste we have seen in the last 1000 years or so is a degenerate form of Brahmins, who are somewhat materialistic. A true Upanishadic Brahmin will court poverty, and will observe chastity, truthfulness and non violence of a high order, and will pass all activities in life directed at God Realization and achieve it in his lifetime. This was the only reason Brahmin was highly respected.

Apart from these, the four classes can be considered as various stages of spiritual evolution, and most people in the world are sudras or vaishiyas only. I dont think the caste system based on heredity is wrong, but has been misused and abused in the past, and probably a good idea not to bring out that evil again.
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

Post Re: Age of marriage for a hindu man

Quote Originally Posted by Sudarshan

Serving two masters, God and a human (who might be a staunch materialist), is not compatible with a Brahmin.
    The twin duty of every Brahmin is service to God AND service to humanity (indeed, all of God’s creation). And the duty of every Guru is serving between God AND his devotees. And in true practice, there can be no distinction made between the two!

agnimILe purohitaM yajñasya devamRt dvijam | hotAraM ratnadhAtamam ||

The twin duty of every Brahmin is service to God AND service to humanity (indeed, all of God’s creation). And the duty of every Guru is serving between God AND his devotees. And in true practice, there can be no distinction made between the two!

agnimILe purohitaM yajñasya devamRt dvijam | hotAraM ratnadhAtamam ||
    Serving "humanity" and an individual money hungry master are different things. The former will not interfere with the service of God, but augment it. The latter is impossible unless the master shares your inclinations.
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

Thread Information