Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: The Suffering of the gods

Re: The Suffering of the gods

namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by sanjaya View Post
    Rahul, you have a very low view of humanity, lower than what I think is warranted. How do you know that God views humans as worms?
    psalm 22: A cry of Anguish

My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?...

... But I am no longer a man; I am worm,
    despised and scorned by all!
    satay

Namaste Rahul ji (Rahul g)

May I offer some friendly advice ?

Please take a moment to see if you really want to understand what Sanatana Dharma has to say.

If the answer turns out to be yes , ONLY then ....

Please do not look around and judge any communities for a while
    Take a good Bhagavad Gita and go to a quiet hill
    Read it all the way.

See what He has to say

What He (God) wants us to do is to be understood thru' these 18 chapters,
    at the end of which Krshna says - forget all dharmas (to do-s, social customs, environmental advices) and surrender unto Me. I shall take care of you.

You may ask qns about the Gita. If you have personal guidance, that's wonderful. In any case, the section Scriptures-->Bh Gita is the place to ask
    any authentic Gita qns.

Why waste yours and other people's energy ?
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Dear Ji,

He showers His grace on whomsoever He pleases! This is where the entire SD's knowledge is. It is not that SD do not have any idea about what God is as you assume. So, continue your faith and it is no point in discussing about SD as you do not have any idea about what SD is. Instead of wasting your time and energy, pls wait for the Lord to shower His grace upon you and also if time permits, pray for all of us as we do not have to do anything significant when all merciful people like you are there to remind God to shower His grace towards us with out we doing anything. Show your mercy my Lord.

Dear Rahulg,

Quote Originally Posted by rahulg View Post
    The point is, He showers His grace on whomsoever He pleases.
    This happens only on judgement day!!!

Which is why you find sinners and unlikely, worldly people who are often blessed by Him. So it is His prerogative. We can't bribe him with anything.
    I think this a very narrow thinking. As a follower of our Sanatana Dharma, you must know that your experiencing pain or pleasure is nothing extraneous to yourself, but only the sum total of the results of your past & present actions.

As God is but the dispenser of the fruits in accordance with the merits of actions, pleasure or pain, representing those fruits, is not his creation but only yours. so why ascribe partialty to god.

Nor can we make the effort, because we're basically impotent. We're more or less worms, and we have no strength or knowledge or any redeeming quality at all. So the very thought that one can make the effort and please Him is sheer arrogance; we're nobodies and we want to become kings. That's pride!
    This is what as follower of SD we should believe in -

"There is nothing which is really unattainable. A thing, however, may be unattainable to us at the particular stage at which we are, or with the qualifications that we possess. The attainability or otherwise of a particular thing is thus not an absolute characteristic of that thing but is relative and proportionate to our capacity to attain it..."

Asatoma....Sadgamaya
    Tamasoma...Jyothirgamaya

I have paraphrased few excerpts under the topic "Fate & Freewill" from "The Dialogues with the guru". I sincerely recommend you to read this entire book to have much better understanding on SD.

Pranam

I can't believe I missed this thread, and the guy even lied saying he was a Hindu. Unbelievable.

Christianity is a complete philosophical and theological mess. This thread is a gem, Satay's example of the rapist is hilarious.

And the analogy of the kid playing in the burning house shows the mentality level of Christians, immature kids.

6. Re: The Suffering of the gods

Quote Originally Posted by rahulg View Post
    Did Ram, Krishna, Shiva and others suffer at all? If not, what was the purpose of incarnating?
    I think they did: Rama suffered when his beloved Sita was abducted, Krishna suffered when he had to leave for Mathura and let Radha behind and Shiva suffered terribly when Sati commited suiccide (he even carried her body on his shoulders over the earth).

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLight View Post
    I think they did: Rama suffered when his beloved Sita was abducted, Krishna suffered when he had to leave for Mathura and let Radha behind and Shiva suffered terribly when Sati commited suiccide (he even carried her body on his shoulders over the earth).
    Sīta speaks to Hanumānji - Know Rāma to be the Supreme Brahman - One without a second. I, in the presence of Rāma, His power (or Prakriti) created the Universe unwearied... adhyātma rāmayāna, bala khana, śloka 32-43

Where can be this suffering? Suffering is that if the finite, not of the infinite.

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaskar,

'Suffering' of Gods is an alien concept.

God has no reason to suffer nor should he send his son to suffer for humanity.
    of course yes thats the true answer i agree with this, i don know why people dont open eyes to see this concept

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaskar,

'Suffering' of Gods is an alien concept.

God has no reason to suffer nor should he send his son to suffer for humanity.
    hmm, correct i agree...

Thread Information