Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bhagavad Written?

Bhagavad Written?

I know I've posted about this before.. But I'm hoping maybe new people will read this.. For the past 2 days I have been looking for evidence of when the BG was written.. I found one source saying 3000 BC.. another 1000 BC.. another saying 500, 300, 200 BC and 100 AD to 200 AD.. I'm reading that Indians found Jesus's Teachings and wrote their own version.. This cant be true.. I'm having a major brain cramp over this and it's really important to me.

Re: Bhagavad Written?

There must be a museum or something that holds the oldest Bhagavad Gita Manuscript.. I mean they were able to track down Buddhist Scripture to 500 BC. They should be able to get the Gita.. And to think that the teachings were inluenced by Christianity doesnt seem very accurate to me because there were teachings similar to it during the 500 BC time table.. You had Buddha, Jainism, even Confuscios they all preached what was Holy and what was not. If anything I would think that Jesus's teachings were a mix of Eastern Religions and Judaism.. But he held on his Judaic beliefs till his death..

Quote Originally Posted by Tirisilex View Post
    I'm reading that Indians found Jesus's Teachings and wrote their own version.. This cant be true..

Where are you reading this?

The writer is a christian missionary, what else would you expect from him. He has given no evidence of what he is telling.

Last edited by smaranam; 07 February 2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Removed the first link - was not consistent with the majority others
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Quote Originally Posted by Tirisilex View Post
    I know I've posted about this before.. But I'm hoping maybe new people will read this.. For the past 2 days I have been looking for evidence of when the BG was written.. I found one source saying 3000 BC.. another 1000 BC.. another saying 500, 300, 200 BC and 100 AD to 200 AD.. I'm reading that Indians found Jesus's Teachings and wrote their own version.. This cant be true.. I'm having a major brain cramp over this and it's really important to me.
    Shrimadbhagwadgita is a Smriti , means it is as per rememberance of Rishis . It is not wise to store a can of water where Ocean is there in surroundings . Also gita is derived from Shruti , so are the scriptures or teachings you mentioned been derived from Shruti ?

I do not understand what you are saying here..

Namaste members

From my post above (# 6) , I have removed the first hyperlink in the list , as it was the only one varying.

Added the new link to Mahabharat Chronology which I was looking for and could not find yesterday (scroll down to Events - although the info on Vedic Lunar Calendar cannot be missed).

The dating of the commencement of Mahabharat War , and hence the Bhagvad Gita (that BhagvAn sang the day before) is consistently3139 BC from most sources, where scientific and astrological information is presented.

Jai Sri KRshna
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

namaste.

As to the MahAbhArata research and dating, check the links I have collected here:
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...?t=4544&page=2
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Thread Information