Thread: my copy Mahabharata missing 20 pages

my copy Mahabharata missing 20 pages

I have the concise version and its missing 20 pages could you believe that. and the last three pages repeat themselves in the next three pages. if that makes sense.
    "My spiritual father is Swami Vivekananda" Canibus

Re: my copy Mahabharata missing 20 pages

How frustrating for you! I had an encylopedia which was missing everything from the letter K, so can sympathise partly.

Do you have a English copy of the Mahabharata you would recommend? Most have a mixed review that I have seen for sale. I have started to watch the TV Series from the 1980s.

Re: my copy Mahabharata missing 20 pages

Quote Originally Posted by Snip View Post
    Do you have a English copy of the Mahabharata you would recommend? Most have a mixed review that I have seen for sale. I have started to watch the TV Series from the 1980s.
    Namaste Snip,

In English I would recommend "Mahabharata" The Greatest Spiritual Epic of all Time, by Krishna Dharma, Torchlight Publishing; a good free flowing re-telling.
    Also, "Mahabharata" by Kamala Subramanian, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan; is good. If I had to pick one, I'd go for Krishna Dharma. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Narada; 06 February 2010 at 06:00 AM. Reason: typo
    What is the most amazing thing in the world? That at every moment we are surrounded by evidence of death and yet we behave as if we will live forever! - Mahabharata

Thread Information