Thread: Greetings

Greetings

folks

my name is.. well... call me Vajradhara or Vajra or Vaj, if you prefer

i've known Satay, online, for several years now and i've enjoyed my dialogs with him thoroughly. he extended a kind invitation my way and here i am.

due to my time comittments with other forums, i do not know how often i shall be able to visit and participate. as the board is relatively small, at this point, my participation will seem quite large.. but, as it grows, my participation will become quite small, even though the amount doesn't change

in any event... is there anything that you'd like to know about me?

please understand that i do value the privacy and anonymous nature of the internet and, as such, i am loath to reveal too much personal information.

and... as this is something of a sticky point on several forms.. i should mention it here...

i do not self identify with any gender so, please, do not call me "brother" or "sister" or anything of the sort. i would rather that my ideas stand or fall on their own, without consideration of my gender, age or overall disposition.

so.. there it is not too strange and i hopefully made some sense.

metta,

~v

Quote Originally Posted by Vajradhara
    folks

metta,

~v
    namaste vj,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for accepting my invitation! I know you are busy and I truly appreciate you taking the time to post here.

Also, I thank you for your kind words. For me personally no matter how large this forum grows in size your contribution to the forums will always be "large" as I can never have enough reading of your posts!

I hope to see more of your posts here. There are a lot of questions about advaita and buddhism being almost the same and I am hoping that you and other buddhist friends can clearify some misunderstandings between the two dharma practices.

I hope that you have a very nice experiene here and share the concepts of dharma from buddhist point of view.

thanks,
    satay

Thumbs Up Hello Vaj,

Quote Originally Posted by Vajradhara
    folks

in any event... is there anything that you'd like to know about me?

please understand that i do value the privacy and anonymous nature of the internet and, as such, i am loath to reveal too much personal information.

metta,

~v
    I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

From Satay's reply, I gather that you are Buddhist. I have always had an affinity towards Buddhism, especially Tibetan Buddhism.

I hope to see the Dalai Lama in Buffalo this fall. I saw him at Sky Dome when he was in Toronto a couple of years ago.

What does "metta" mean?

Pranam,

Devi

Namaste devisarada,

thank you for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by devisarada
    I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

From Satay's reply, I gather that you are Buddhist. I have always had an affinity towards Buddhism, especially Tibetan Buddhism.
    yes, indeed i practice the Vajrayana Vehicle of Buddhism as found in Tibet.

I hope to see the Dalai Lama in Buffalo this fall. I saw him at Sky Dome when he was in Toronto a couple of years ago.
    in 2004 (iirc) there was a very large interfaith gathering in Vancouver, B.C. where a wonderful meeting between H.H. the Dalai Lama, the Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Rabbi Schecter Shalomi and many others all participated.

if you are interested, i can forward a link to the online presentation of their conference.

What does "metta" mean?
    Metta is a Pali term. Pali is a pankrit of Sanskrit and it is the first language that the Buddhist canon was written in. the term means "Loving Kindness" and it is what i wish to all sentient beings that read my posts

metta,

~v

Namaste Vajradhara. I hope you remember me from CF. Of course, I very liked the article you have hoisted - "The Pauline conspiracy".
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

Namaste Sudarshan,

yes, i recall dialoging with you on several occassions.

i could link to that essay here, if there is interest.

metta,

~v

Namaste Satay,

well.. the site, itself, is more of a comparative site as opposed to a Dharma site... though we do have a section of the forum specifically for the "Eastern" traditions such as Sanatana Dharma, Buddha Dharma, Jain Dharma, Tao and so forth.

i'll post and excerpt a bit from the Pauline Conspiracy for this forum.

metta,

~v
    Meditation brings Wisdom, lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back.

~Buddha Shakyamuni

I have gained this from philosophy:

That i do, without being commanded, what others do only through fear of Law.

~Aristotle

Thread Information