Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Austerity

Re: Austerity

Pranam all
    To go that extra mile is the different between achieving that goal be it material success or to transcend this material world, tapas or perseverance is one off the tool.

I got this in my mail I thought I share, hope it is relevant.

http://www.212movie.com/

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

namaskar,
    Do you know where the music is from in the background? I really loved the background music.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Pranam all
    To go that extra mile is the different between achieving that goal be it material success or to transcend this material world, tapas or perseverance is one off the tool.

I got this in my mail I thought I share, hope it is relevant.

http://www.212movie.com/

Jai Shree Krishna
    satay

Pranam satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaskar,
    Do you know where the music is from in the background? I really loved the background music.
    It sure is very beautiful, unfortunately i have no idea who wrote the music, try contacting simpletruth.com they might be able to help.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Quote Originally Posted by kd gupta View Post
    Great thought in fact , pl see....
    Tapaswibhyo’dhiko yogee , The Yogi is thought to be superior to the ascetics .
    tapashchaasmi tapaswishu , I am austerity in ascetics.

So what is the difference between Tapa and yoga . Some scriptures place tapa above yoga .

I think Bhagavad Gita 4.18 explains the point you raise.

One who sees inaction in action, and action in inaction, is intelligent among men, and he is in the transcendental position, although engaged in all sorts of activities.

I understand this to mean that, if one engages himself in activities whose goal is to get him fixed on Krishna
    consciousness, then there is no question of not doing or doing.

That is the shloka , which forced Krsn to address as...
    Klaibyam maa sma gamah paartha naitat twayyupapadyate;
    Yield not to impotence, O Arjuna, son of Pritha! It does not befit thee.

We all should follow . Thank you .

Thread Information