Thread: VAISHNAVA BHAJANS

Threaded View

VAISHNAVA BHAJANS

Please accept my dandavat pranamas, everybody !

This is the thread for bhajans. All are invited to post the bhajans related to Vaishnava faith (bhajans in praise of Krsna, Visnu, Radha or Sri rama etc). If required, please also post the meanings of the verses.

Bhajan # 1

Composed by : Mira Bai
    Language : Braj

(in praise of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu)

(1) ab to hari nam dhun lo lagi, sadho !
    saba jaga bolata makhan chora, nam dharo vairagi !

(2) kaha chadi vahu mohan murali ?
    kaha chadi saba gopi ?
    mora mundayi gora kati bandhi,
    mane na mani gopi !

(3) mata yasomati makhan choran
    bandhi jaki b aha,
    syama kisor bhaye nava gora,
    caitanya jako nam!

(4) pitambar ko bhava dikhavai,
    kati kaupina base,
    gore krsna ki dasi mira,
    jasa na krsna bane na bane !

ab to hari nam dhun lo lagi !

TRANSLATION

1) O pious souls! Now, my consciousness is absorbed into the Divine vibration of the Names of my Hari! I surrender myself to His Holy Name! The entire world addresses Him as the 'Butter Thief'. But now, same Krsna has appeared in the form of a Sanyasi (Bairagi).

2) O my dearest Mohan ( Enchanter, Krishna)! Why have You discarded Your intimate companion, (Priya-Sakhi)- the Divine Flute? And why have You renounced all Your eternal Sweethearts, Gopis?

You appear now with shaven head and ochre cloth at Your waist! But this clever Gopi uncovers Your disguise and doesn't care to conceal it!
    (for Lord reveals himself only to his devotees, not to the athiests disguised as devotees)

3) Now it seems like Mother Yasoda has tied up the both arms of Butter Thief! Alas, no more mischievous tricks!

My Dark Beloved has now reappeared as the newly fresh Golden complexioned Lord, Whose blessed Name is 'Caitanya'!

4) Though clad Himself in skimpy rags, His Pitambara (Yellow Divine Attire) as well as His inner most Divine Love Sentiments are revealed to me.

Now Mirabai is the maid-servant of the Golden Krishna Caitanya, whether the Glory of My Krishna is recognized by all or not! (Everybody cannot realize Mahaprabhu as Krsna, for that requires devotion in one's heart)
    Last edited by Krsna Das; 17 February 2010 at 03:04 AM.

Thread Information