Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Islam tolerant?

Re: Is Islam tolerant?

Quote Originally Posted by Ablaze View Post
    I remember reading an early missionary story from Japan (I think it was Japan), that when Christian missionaries first came there, many Japanese started weeping, because they thought all their ancestors must be burning in an eternal hell, since they had never had the opportunity to "accept Jesus as their Saviour".
    Reminds me of the story of King Radbod of Frisia:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    During the second journey of Saint Boniface to Rome, Willibrord tried to convert Radbod, but not succeeding he returned to Fontenelle. It is said that Radbod was nearly baptised, but refused when he was told that he would not be able to find any of his ancestors in Heaven after his death, since he preferred spending eternity in Hell with his pagan ancestors than in Heaven with strangers.

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh but I have no liking for Islam at all. There's too much bullying in that religion, of themselves and others. I've met a few decent Muslims but they've always been the non-devout types. I'll believe Islam is a "Religion of Peace" when churches, synagogues, and Hindu/Buddhist temples are allowed to be built in Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
    Who cares what they believe in? As I mentioned earlier, you cannot know about muslims until they have enough numbers, AT the moment they are a minority, and hence not a threat. It is also possible that centuries of contact with Hindu culture ( after all most muslims in India were originally Hindus), have rendered them harmless in the long run. We can hope this is true but only future will tell the truth.
    An illustrative post by Sri Krishna Sastri in Kanchi Forum (http://www.kanchiforum.org/forum/vie...865&start=100), proving the efficacy of Sudarshan's observations:

The Progress of Islam in a Society (from 1% to 100%)
    http://www.libertynewsforum.com/libe...m=1206397175/3

When Muslim population remains around 1% of any given country they will be regarded as a peace-loving minority and not as a threat to anyone:

United States -- Muslim 1.0%
    Australia -- Muslim 1.5%
    Canada -- Muslim 1.9%
    China -- Muslim 1%-2%
    Italy -- Muslim 1.5%
    Norway -- Muslim 1.8%

At 2% and 3% they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs:

Denmark -- Muslim 2%
    Germany -- Muslim 3.7%
    United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%
    Spain -- Muslim 4%
    Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population.

They will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature it on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply. At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves under Sharia, the Islamic Law.

France -- Muslim 8%
    Philippines -- Muslim 5%
    Sweden -- Muslim 5%
    Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%
    The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%
    Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%

When Muslims reach 10% of the population, they will increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions (Paris -- car-burnings). Any non-Muslim action that offends Islam will result in uprisings and threats (Amsterdam -- Mohammed cartoons).

Guyana -- Muslim 10%
    India -- Muslim 13.4%
    Israel -- Muslim 16%
    Kenya -- Muslim 10%
    Russia -- Muslim 10-15%

After reaching 20% expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings and church and synagogue burning:

Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%

At 40% you will find widespread massacres, chronic terror attack s and ongoing militia warfare:

Bosnia -- Muslim 40%
    Chad -- Muslim 53.1%
    Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%

From 60% you may expect unfettered persecution of non-believers and other religions, sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels:

Albania -- Muslim 70%
    Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%
    Qatar -- Muslim 77.5%
    Sudan -- Muslim 70%

After 80% expect State run ethnic cleansing and genocide:

Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%
    Egypt -- Muslim 90%
    Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%
    Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%
    Iran -- Muslim 98%
    Iraq -- Muslim 97%
    Jordan -- Muslim 92%
    Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%
    Pakistan -- Muslim 97%
    Palestine -- Muslim 99%
    Syria -- Muslim 90%
    Tajikist an -- Muslim 90%
    Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%

100% will usher in the peace of "Dar-es-Salaam" -- the Islamic House of Peace -- there's supposed to be peace because everybody is a Muslim:

Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%
    Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%
    Somalia -- Muslim 100%
    Yemen -- Muslim 99.9%

Of course, that's not the case. To satisfy their blood lust, Muslims then start killing each other for a variety of reasons.

"Before I was nine I had learned the basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; and the tribe against the world and all of us against the infidel. -- Leon Uris, "The Haj"

Adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond's book: Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat.. http://www.frontline.org.za/books_videos/sti.htm

Namaste,

Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh but I have no liking for Islam at all. There's too much bullying in that religion, of themselves and others. I've met a few decent Muslims but they've always been the non-devout types.
    Islam cannot be tolerant & this intolerance is built-in Q'uran. The entire doctrine is based on irrational fear of an imagined terrible & highly egoist God who can burn people in hell "for eternity" for even minor faults. You are forbidden to say ( with highly inhuman punishment) anything against whatever is writte in Q'uran, so no free discussion is possible in Islam & therefore, the religion is still in the barbaric age when it started.

On the other side there is temptation for those who seek satisfaction of their sensual desire if they agree to become a Muslim. You are promised to receive eternal life in heaven where you get white women ( called Hurs), wine ( which flows in the form of river there) & a garden full of fruit laden trees on the banks of cool rivers full of water. So, you are promised a life in a place ( which is similar to a place in a rain-forest --- a heaven for any desert dweller !) where you are free to indulge in boozing & in sex for eternity after having breakfasts, lunches & dinners of fruits all 365 days in a year !

On one side there is a burning hell for eternity & on the other side there is such a temptation of carnal pleasures for eternity .... any weak heart will choose the latter ... and will agree to do anything as long as it is written in the book. Mohammad Saheb who propagated this religion did this on the strength of sword, killing a number of innocent people in name of this new religion. What can we expect from its followers ?

I agree that there are many good Muslims but that is not because of Islam & Q'uran ... it is in spite of Islam & Q'uran.

I am sorry, if I hurt anyone's sentiments. I would be happy if I can be proved wrong.
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    Namaste,

Islam cannot be tolerant & this intolerance is built-in Q'uran. The entire doctrine is based on irrational fear of an imagined terrible & highly egoist God who can burn people in hell "for eternity" for even minor faults. You are forbidden to say ( with highly inhuman punishment) anything against whatever is writte in Q'uran, so no free discussion is possible in Islam & therefore, the religion is still in the barbaric age when it started.

On the other side there is temptation for those who seek satisfaction of their sensual desire if they agree to become a Muslim. You are promised to receive eternal life in heaven where you get white women ( called Hurs), wine ( which flows in the form of river there) & a garden full of fruit laden trees on the banks of cool rivers full of water. So, you are promised a life in a place ( which is similar to a place in a rain-forest --- a heaven for any desert dweller !) where you are free to indulge in boozing & in sex for eternity after having breakfasts, lunches & dinners of fruits all 365 days in a year !

On one side there is a burning hell for eternity & on the other side there is such a temptation of carnal pleasures for eternity .... any weak heart will choose the latter ... and will agree to do anything as long as it is written in the book. Mohammad Saheb who propagated this religion did this on the strength of sword, killing a number of innocent people in name of this new religion. What can we expect from its followers ?

I agree that there are many good Muslims but that is not because of Islam & Q'uran ... it is in spite of Islam & Q'uran.

I am sorry, if I hurt anyone's sentiments. I would be happy if I can be proved wrong.

The interpretation of Islamic heaven is certainly wrong. Hindus, of all people can understand stories involving gross physical indulgence in a spiritual way--I mean what if I were to read about Krishna's exploits I could think all kinds of things about you guys. But of course anyone can see it really different. The ideas about carnal heaven are really old propaganda and really tired. White women and wine, come on! there is a color code and i don't even think the words mean white, more like pure. And the wine is obvious.

And about Muhammad killing people to convert them, who? He found it hateful but necessary, there was war. And it was forbiddon to threaten someone with death or conversion.

The modern world is different than old times, and modern terrorists are distinctly modern followers and interpretors.

Thread Information