Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh men of wisdom --let not KILL her, the sinless inviolate cow.

Re: Oh men of wisdom --let not KILL her, the sinless inviolate cow.

Sorry to bother you, its my passion for cows!!!

some happy cows at the fields of Munnar

Gomata... please forgive me.

Thanks Brahman for the beautiful post about komata.

I personally love them and I will Namaste them where ever I see them.

Such a wonderful being.

Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

I could spend hours looking at pictures of cows.
    Next to the temple I do to there is an animal shelter thing, and it has mostly dogs, but there is a field with two cows and three horses. I was so surprised to see them at first, since it is near the suburbs. Now, before I go into temple and after I leave, I greet the cows and thank them for their gentle and giving nature, and I thank God for the well-being of these great creatures, even though they be only two.
    Let us worship Him, the pure-formed One, the cloud which, emitting a rain of unthinkable joy, satiates the hearts and eyes of its followers, as if millions of rain clouds had poured down, the stay of the Great Silence, called by many names, described by many religions, the embodiment of ineffable degrees of spiritual happiness.

i've recently began to study Hinduism and knew that giving up meat would be part of it.

Well, due to some medical conditions, I can't give up meat entirely, but I have tried to cut out beef for the most part.

I read the quote from Krishna that basically says the choice is ours...but does it make me a terrible Hindu if I eat beef every so often?
    "I'm alright, right now."

Namaste Heather,
    beef is a big no to ALL hindus, see if your dietary requirements can be met with chickern or fish. Shanti.

Quote Originally Posted by heather.s View Post
    i've recently began to study Hinduism and knew that giving up meat would be part of it.

Well, due to some medical conditions, I can't give up meat entirely, but I have tried to cut out beef for the most part.

I read the quote from Krishna that basically says the choice is ours...but does it make me a terrible Hindu if I eat beef every so often?

Quote Originally Posted by heather.s View Post

Vannakkam: I'm certainly no doctor, but I do know doctors that know very little of vegetarianism. My daughter had some digestive problems (Celiac's disease) and during the process of evaluating her condition, one fellow actually said flat out, "It's because you're a vegetarian." She shopped around.

This is just a humble suggestion, not implying that you haven't been through some long arduous process to discover nutrition. Every person's constitution is different, but I know of no single ingredient that can't be gotten via a vegetarian diet. If you're really low on B12, you can give yourself injections. The key is finding a doctor who woyuld prescribe, or agree with that.

Best wishes, and please don't beat yourself up emotionally over it.

Aum Namasivaya

hmm indeed...it turns out my body was having a bad reaction to being a beef eater (i'm from the midwest) for 25 years then quitting cold turkey (so to speak).

but honestly now the smell of hamburgers cooking make me nauseous.
    "I'm alright, right now."

Thread Information