Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: End Of Kali Yuga

End Of Kali Yuga

Kali Yuga ends on December 21, year 2012. Then after some period known as sandhi yuga, Sat Yuga will start. During this sandhi yuga, some astronomical upheavals are expected. Take it with equanimity.

Re: End Of Kali Yuga

Namaste soham: Where did you get this information? I am just curious.

Aum Namasivaya

There are many spiritualists such as Vijay kumar owning the website 'godrealized' who assert that Bhagawan Kalki will appear in the year 2012 to usher us all into satya yuga.
    Let me disambiguate. There are 2 Vijay Kumars. One is telugu who is married and has children, and claims himself to be Kalki. He is a fraud. Another is a saintly person with spiritual experiences from Roorkee ( U.P. ) and who owns the websites of 'godrealized' and 'vijaykumar'.
    Last edited by soham3; 21 February 2010 at 11:26 AM.

hari o
    ~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by soham3 View Post
    Kali Yuga ends on December 21, year 2012. Then after some period known as sandhi yuga, Sat Yuga will start. During this sandhi yuga, some astronomical upheavals are expected. Take it with equanimity.
    It would be good if you show us the calculation, and when you have established the beginning of Kali.

praām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~

namasté

It would be good if you show us the calculation, and when you have established the beginning of Kali.

praām
    (1) It is widely believed that Kali Yuga began in 3102 B.C.

In the “Brahma-Vaivarta Purana”, Lord Krishna tells Ganga Devi that a Golden Age will come after the end of the Kali Yuga - one of the four stages of development that the world goes through as part of the cycle of eras, as described in Hindu scriptures. Lord Krishna predicted that this Golden Age will start 5,000 years after the beginning of the Kali Yuga, and will last for 10,000 years.

(2.a) In 2012, the galactic equator cuts the ecliptic at 0 degree of the Western zodiacal sign Capricorn. 0 degree Capricorn is the point of the zodiac where the Sun is during the December solstice.

(2.b) HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ASTROLOGICAL CHART :-

The Sun is at 0 degrees Capricorn, the point of the December solstice. It makes a sextile to Neptune, right at the beginning of Pisces. This is an almost exact sextile. The orb is less than half a degree. This aspect can point towards a spiritual experience, a loss or both.

(2.c) There will be compound crisis happening at the same time in our cosmos. Planet X ( also called Nibiru ) will be returning from its 3600 years orbit around our solar system. And it will bring with it six orbiting satellites. This return of Planet X will disrupt our solar system, and especially Jupiter, Neptune, Uranus, Venus, and the Earth. Planet X will enter our solar system at the edge and cross orbits with Jupiter. Jupiter could get ignited at this time and become a baby sun. Nibiru will pass between the Earth and the Sun.

(3) The sun, earth, and milky way will align at the galactic equator, on December 21, 2012, the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. This only happens once every 25,800 years! For the first time in the recorded history, our entire solar system will move BELOW the milky way galaxy. These combined cosmic events will be the end of the world as we know it. About 6 billion people of the world will perish in just a few short years if this cosmic catastrophe occurs.
    Last edited by soham3; 21 February 2010 at 11:54 AM.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Thank you for your references. I myself am ready for a change/upliftment and hope what is offered by you comes to pass. That said, I view it in this manner:
    • Kali yuga is the shortest in duration of the 4 yugas, but not 5,000 years in duration¹ as I understand it.
    • 5,000 years is ~ 1.15% of the time thus far dispensed in kali yuga
    • If there is a 10,000 year respite within kali yuga, as mentioned I am all for it, which suggests there is another 417,000 years (96.5%) remaining.
    • The GOOD News is 2012 is very close at hand and we (should) all be here to verify this condition.
    praām

references
    The 4 yuga's and their conventional lengths are shown below - I mention 'conventional' as there are others that see the yuga length differently. One is Svāmi Yuktesvar Giri, and is called out in his book The Holy Science. He says we're presently in the age of dvāpara.

1. kṛta or satya - 1 ,728 ,000 years
    2. tretā , 1 ,296 ,000 years
    3. dvāpara , 864 ,000 years
    4. kali 432 ,000 years
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Actually, period of 432000 years for Kali Yuga is to divided by 90 and then rounded. Now, 432000 divided by 90 = 4800 which when rounded becomes 5000. Thus, time-span for Kali Yuga is arrived at to be 5000 years. The figure 90 is arrived at by dividing 180 by 2. The figure 180 is number of the days the 50 % side of the earth faces the sun during its annual rotation round the sun.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by soham3 View Post
    Actually, period of 432000 years for Kali Yuga is to divided by 90 and then rounded. Now, 432000 divided by 90 = 4800 which when rounded becomes 5000. Thus, time-span for Kali Yuga is arrived at to be 5000 years. The figure 90 is arrived at by dividing 180 by 2. The figure 180 is number of the days the 50 % side of the earth faces the sun during its annual rotation round the sun.
    Thank you for your mathmatics. Can you advise who is the author and from where we can look at this data? Why divide by 90? What is the significance?

The numbers I have offered come from the mahābhārata, śanti parva ( some write parvan) the 231st section.
    4. kali 432 ,000 years

Yudhiṣṭhira asks bhīṣma about the origins and the end of creatures. Bhīṣma then outlines how the conversation of time, eras ( epochs) are explained ; this was the dialog between vyāsa (kṛṣṇa-dvaipāyana ) and his son, śuka that he articulates to yudhiṣṭhira.

These numbers can also be found in the śrīmad bhāgavatam mahāpurāṇa. Here is the site for your consideration: http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto3/chapter11.html

Revisiting this 90
    According to the mahābhārata and vyāsa-ji 1 year for humans = 1 day for the devā-s. Vyāsa-ji goes on to say 4,000 years of the deva's is the duration of the kṛta yuga. He says there is transition times he calls 'morning' and 'evening' both lasting 400 devā years each.
    Hence 4,000 + 400 + 400 = 4,800 years. Your number and this number align - except for one item. This 4,800 are not human years ( so says vyāsa-ji). A conversion is needed.

What is the conversion metric ?
    • 1 year of humans = 1 day of the devā-s.
    • 1 year = 365 days ( some use 360 to match a perfect circle in degrees º ) = 1 day of the devā-s.
    • Hence 4,800 devā years X 365 days in a human year = 1,752,000 human years.
    • Now if we multiply by 360 we get the classical 1,728,000 human years typically associated with kṛta or satya yuga.
      • kṛta or satya yuga = 4/4ths = 1,728,000 human years
      • tretā = 3/4ths or .75 x 1 ,728 ,000 years = 1 ,296 ,000 years
      • dvāpara is 2/4th or .5 x 1 ,728 ,000 years =864 ,000 years
      • kali or 1/4th or .25 x 1 ,728 ,000 years = 432 ,000 years
    That is my audit trail , both on the origins of the numbers ( mahābhārata, śrīmad bhāgavatam, etc.) and the mathmatics to the classical 1,728,000 human years that is then decreased for each yuga by 1/4th ( and is considered 1/4th of dharma that erodes down to kali yuga).

praām
    Last edited by yajvan; 22 February 2010 at 10:27 PM.
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Namaste Yajvan ji,

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    The numbers I have offered come from the mahābhārata, śanti parva ( some write parvan) the 231st section.
    4. kali 432 ,000 years

Yudhiṣṭhira asks bhīṣma about the origins and the end of creatures. Bhīṣma then outlines how the conversation of time, eras ( epochs) are explained ; this was the dialog between vyāsa (kṛṣṇa-dvaipāyana ) and his son, śuka that he articulates to yudhiṣṭhira.

These numbers can also be found in the śrīmad bhāgavatam mahāpurāṇa. Here is the site for your consideration: http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/canto3/chapter11.html

Revisiting this 90
    According to the mahābhārata and vyāsa-ji 1 year for humans = 1 day for the devā-s. Vyāsa-ji goes on to say 4,000 years of the deva's is the duration of the kṛta yuga. He says there is transition times he calls 'morning' and 'evening' both lasting 400 devā years each.
    Hence 4,000 + 400 + 400 = 4,800 years. Your number and this number align - except for one item. This 4,800 are not human years ( so says vyāsa-ji). A conversion is needed.

What is the conversion metric ?
    • 1 year of humans = 1 day of the devā-s.
    • 1 year = 365 days ( some use 360 to match a perfect circle in degrees º ) = 1 day of the devā-s.
    • Hence 4,800 devā years X 365 days in a human year = 1,752,000 human years.
    • Now if we multiply by 360 we get the classical 1,728,000 human years typically associated with kṛta or satya yuga.
      • kṛta or satya yuga = 4/4ths = 1,728,000 human years
      • tretā = 3/4ths or .75 x 1 ,728 ,000 years = 1 ,296 ,000 years
      • dvāpara is 2/4th or .5 x 1 ,728 ,000 years =864 ,000 years
      • kali or 1/4th or .25 x 1 ,728 ,000 years = 432 ,000 years
    That is my audit trail , both on the origins of the numbers ( mahābhārata, śrīmad bhāgavatam, etc.) and the mathmatics to the classical 1,728,000 human years that is then decreased for each yuga by 1/4th ( and is considered 1/4th of dharma that erodes down to kali yuga).
    Sri Yukteswar Giri was a Self-realised saint of Giri Order of Adi Shankaracharya. He was the Guru of Sri Paramhansa Yogananda. He was also a great Jyotishi. He opines in his book, "The Holy Science" that the astronomers and astrologers made a misake in calculating the length of Kali Yuga. He says (rephrased by me to make it short):

This mistake couldn't be corrected by the astrologers due to the dark influence of Kali Yuga. In the next half cycle of the Kali Yuga, this mistake was noticed by the wise men & they found that the age of Kail Yuga was fixed by the Rishis as only 1200 Years. But by that time also, the human mind was not so developed and the mistake was not fully understood and they tried to reconcile the mistake by assuming that the these 1200 Years were Daiva years and not earth years and that is how the erroneous figure of 432,000 years of Kali Yuga was wrongly calculated.

So, he says that :

1) The Sun takes 24000 years to complete its cycle around the Grand Centre or Brahma, also known as Vishnu-naabhi. This Brahma regulates dharma of mind. These 24000 years are divided by 12 zodiac signs. The point Aries/Pisces is the nearest point from Brahma & the point Libra/Virgo is the farthest. As the Sun goes through these Zodiac signs the mental virtues keep increasing or diminishing depending upon Sun's distance from the Brahma Centre. The period around the nearest point is Satya Yuga and the period around the farthest point is Kali Yuga. So, during the ascending period of 12000 years the mental virtues of humans keep increasing and attain the highest state at the nearest point. In the next half cycle that is descending cycle of 12000 years the mental virtues of humans keep decreasing and is the lowest at the farthest point.

2) The actual age of Kali Yuga is 1000 years with 100 years on each side as sandhis making it a total of 1200 years. The darkest era of Kali Yuga was around 500 AD. The history tells us that this period was the dark age in the history of human beings. From 499 AD till 1599 (the actual period of 1000 years of Kali Yuga) human intellect was too low & man was unaware of various laws of nature. From 1600 AD onwards, the sandhi of Kali Yuga for 100 years started which lasted upto 1699 ... and this period saw development in human mind and great scientific discoveries took place. In 1899, the Sandhi of 200 years of Dwapar Yuga ended and from that point we are in Dwapar Yuga. During this ascending Dwapar Yuga, the man will keep on making new discoveries of the mysteries of this creation and finally Dwapar Yuga will end in 3899 AD and Treta Yuga will start which will be still brighter for the mankind.

I am not an expert in Jyotish and I have tried to state above the gist of Sri Yukteshwar's point of view as much I could understand. Any error crept in above, must be attributed to my poor understanding alone.

OM
    Last edited by devotee; 02 May 2010 at 10:17 AM.
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté devotee,

I have read svāmī-ji's works on several occasions. I am in hopes his assessment is true.

What I do not comprehend: If kali has passed and we are in dvāpara I am a bit perplexed. How so? it is my comprehension that after kali yuga passes , then kṛta is next in line. That is , one full cycle is complete, and the yuga' s start fresh again.

In svāmī-ji's system, it is in ascending order. From kali then dvāpara then tretā and finally kṛta.

We have had quite a few conversations on this matter here on HDF: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1803

Another thing I do not comprehend. If kali yuga has come and gone , I have not read where kalki had appeared ( the incarnation of viṣṇu ).

So a few things are perplexing...

praām
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Thread Information