Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is there a God in the first place?

Re: Why is there a God in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by sm78
    don't think so. rather the opposite.

because the knowledge is not full (here), but that is full.

if knowledge becomes full, does knowledge exit as knowledge any more?? That's my question.....

Existence is real irrespective of ignorance or knowledge. In the domain of knowledge, ignorance must be real too. In this grand scheme of creation knowledge and ignorance are necessary byproducts (like the divine potion and poison that came out during ocean churning).

These are my thoughts though. It seems some schools of hindu philosphy have similar ideas. Need to research more.
    Namaste sm,

You dont realize why Advaitin is so reluctant to admit the reality of Avidya?

If Avidya exists, its source has to be the Brahman, else Advaita is gone with the wind.( a second to Brahman does not exist)

If the source is the Brahman, then avidya must either be Brahman himself or a guNa( dharma), no third alternative exists.

If Avidya is Brahman himself, then you can just discard Advaita, as avidya becomes unchangeable and it can never vanish.(eternal avidya)

If avidya is the Brahman's guNa, it is incompatible with Advaita's nirvisesha Brahman. If you try to posit a Brahman with guNa as the absolute, then also we are faced with the dualty of distinction between the object and its attributes, which Advaita so vehemently denies.

If you are going to be a pure monist, you cannot simply admit the reality of avidya without killing your doctrine yourself. However, denial of avidya does not change anything - it simply exists to be removed. Saying that "avidya does not exist" a hundred times does not change things.
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudarshan
    Namaste sm,

You dont realize why Advaitin is so reluctant to admit the reality of Avidya?

If Avidya exists, its source has to be the Brahman, else Advaita is gone with the wind.( a second to Brahman does not exist)

If the source is the Brahman, then avidya must either be Brahman himself or a guNa( dharma), no third alternative exists.

If Avidya is Brahman himself, then you can just discard Advaita, as avidya becomes unchangeable and it can never vanish.(eternal avidya)

If avidya is the Brahman's guNa, it is incompatible with Advaita's nirvisesha Brahman. If you try to posit a Brahman with guNa as the absolute, then also we are faced with the dualty of distinction between the object and its attributes, which Advaita so vehemently denies.

If you are going to be a pure monist, you cannot simply admit the reality of avidya without killing your doctrine yourself. However, denial of avidya does not change anything - it simply exists to be removed. Saying that "avidya does not exist" a hundred times does not change things.
    ... hmmm

Or is it due to the limit of human logic?
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

Finally,someone has come up with an idea I have been thinking about for weeks.

If everything is brahman , then all of the existence we know is a usless waste to time. With no freewill , then all problems and solutions are brahmans problems and solutions. There can be no ultimate truth or ultimate lie. Just a bunch of actors on a stage doing a play the will come to and end that the actors cannot influence.

Quote Originally Posted by willie
    Finally,someone has come up with an idea I have been thinking about for weeks.

If everything is brahman , then all of the existence we know is a usless waste to time. With no freewill , then all problems and solutions are brahmans problems and solutions. There can be no ultimate truth or ultimate lie. Just a bunch of actors on a stage doing a play the will come to and end that the actors cannot influence.

Nice. But Why? You can have a desire and then build a house in near future?

Some one has full free will without any desire. He is called Avimukta. And you have the free will to know the Avimukta.

Quote Originally Posted by vedic_kings
    Hi all.

I Still don't understand why there is a God. And more so why did God create?

Do Hindus believe God has a will, as in "God's will"? As Chrstians and Muslims say.

If we are God, then why was maya created , and all that follows like mind, ego and so on, in which we must return back to the Godhead, which we already are or come from?

I hope I make senses

Thanks for any in puts!

P.S. I understand creation as in the Tattva, but its the "why", that I don't understand.
    Hey great questions you have got there!
    Im glad that another one has joined the fold of seekers after 'Truth' {or any other word you want to call it!}

I always have felt that when a person starts asking these type of questions, much become possible, but on his own merit.

And if he sincere then he will go to the very roots with a discriminating mind in search for answers, and will find 'it', but even if it is just a curiosity, it still is a great direction in which to sharpen the intellect.

I wouldnt call them 'difficult' questions at all, because these fundamental questions have occured to humanity since forever.....but that dosent mean the answer you will get in a textbook, although depending on the book, you can come pretty close!

Isint it amazing then that we still cant find a ready-made answer?
    There must be a fundamental reason why not.
    And to find out this reason, one begins this, the greatest of all quests, the quest for the 'meaning' of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shriyash21
    Hey great questions you have got there!

Im glad that another one has joined the fold of seekers after 'Truth' {or any other word you want to call it!}
    Well. i'll tell ya that in the begining age 14, I was asking such qusetions, and no one had answers! An interesting thing happen, I got really sick with pneumonia for two and a half weeks! When I got well, I lost 20 pounds! Anyways, I started reading up on disease and discovered Ayurveda, which in time lead me to Yoga and Hinduism So in a strange way I got alot of my answers through sickness.

I always have felt that when a person starts asking these type of questions, much become possible, but on his own merit.
    Indeed

And if he sincere then he will go to the very roots with a discriminating mind in search for answers, and will find 'it', but even if it is just a curiosity, it still is a great direction in which to sharpen the intellect.
    Yes indeed. I offen wonder why such qusetions cannot be found in the so-called holy books or God words (Bible/Koran)? Which at that time age 14 had no such answes to such qusetions When I pitup the Bhagavad-Gita most of my qusetions was answered!

I wouldnt call them 'difficult' questions at all, because these fundamental questions have occured to humanity since forever.....but that dosent mean the answer you will get in a textbook, although depending on the book, you can come pretty close!
    Well the Bible isn't one of thoses books! Much more distorted!

Isint it amazing then that we still cant find a ready-made answer?
    There must be a fundamental reason why not.
    And to find out this reason, one begins this, the greatest of all quests, the quest for the 'meaning' of it all.
    Yes, and my understanding is that the mind cannot understand such deep qusetions, but can ask.
    Life is Yoga.

I think that this 'creation' is like the dance of a dancer. That dancer is nataraja and he is dancing...creating, sustaining, destroying all at the same time from the subatomic level to the highest levels of our experience.

satay

Just because you have free will does not mean that you have to use it. Besides with no freewill they people are just windup disposible toy, not real value. And since people are disposible all religion is just a waste of time, sure you can do rituals and make sacrifices but will all of peoples action programed there is no way to change the out come.

If you want to have variability and a chance of a different out come then free will is about the only way to achieve it. And in a freewill environment brahman has no idea of where his creation is going and how it will end up before this planet dies from the sun going out. In this type of play, then rituals and the other trappings of religion are useful in the sense of recieving instructions from devine sources. But free will must go along with a dualist outlook on the arguement that seems to go on endlessly here.

Post Re: Why is there a God in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by sm78
    ... hmmm
    If Creation is also eternal, then God has a rival. And this is pure Dvaita-vada (akin to Kapila’s Samkhya).

If Vidya is never without Avidya, then that mixed Vidya can never be perfect. But perhaps you might call it Vishishtadvaita.

If the Vidya is total, then All MUST be known.

When fully immersed in the Light, there can never be any shadow.

Without knowledge, existence is without any proof, and only in total dissolution can “Avidya” exist for Brahman ~ but in this perfect Prajna of Brahman, there is no possibility of meaning, so ALL words are inappropriate and all philosophies moot.

While Creation exists, there will always be suffering and Avidya ~ and only in complete Dissolution, there is blissful Avidya once more.

Immortal Existence truly passes, from ashes unto Ash.

Thread Information