Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eggs

Re: Eggs

Well, in the west at least... what do you think they do with cows who no longer can produce milk?

They are used for hamburger meat, because the quality of the flesh of milk cows is very poor to use for anything else. In the west, milk cows have to produce ten times more milk than they would naturally do. The male calves are byproducts of milk cows, they are taken away at their birth and killed for their meat only after a few months. This veil meat is very popular in western countries. The cows are kept artificially pregnant, so they can keep producing milk.

http://www.goveg.com/factoryFarming_Cows_Dairy.asp

Message I recieved from the Eastern Bunny:

Some videos of the eggs industry, footage of what happens to the male chicks that which are useless for egg production.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ--faib7to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NL&hl=nl&v=6v_I9fnDbTs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=NL&hl=nl&v=cGJryC4XIdo

Jamie Olivier shows how chicks die

Fowlplay Movie

Last edited by Sahasranama; 23 April 2011 at 07:45 AM.

I myself had to eat cake many times Couldn't avoid it. Otherwise I'm strictly vegetarian, and I try to avoid cakes (with eggs) too.
    यस्मिन् सर्वाणि भूतान्यात्मैवाभूद्विजानत:।
    तत्र को मोह: क: शोक एकत्वमनुपश्यत:॥ ७॥

nitinsharma Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sādhaka View Post
    I myself had to eat cake many times Couldn't avoid it. Otherwise I'm strictly vegetarian, and I try to avoid cakes (with eggs) too.
    Exactly the reason why I stopped eating cakes altogether.Not worth the risk.

Vannakkam: There are many eggless cake recipes available. That's what we do, when the desire arises. The only place I ate cake with eggs for some 20 years was at my dear mother-in-laws house before she passed. So you can have your cake, just be careful.

For recipes, a simple search on eggless cake will turn up many.

Aum Namasivaya

7. Re: Eggs

I buy cakes only from those who are strict vegetarian, or those who are trusted. But now I eat only home made cake, and it is most trusted.

You can also bake cake in home, need recipe ?
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Namaste,

I'm actually not that fond of cakes, but I've had to eat some when I attended some celebrations/events etc.

Now I'm keeping it quite strict though

OM
    यस्मिन् सर्वाणि भूतान्यात्मैवाभूद्विजानत:।
    तत्र को मोह: क: शोक एकत्वमनुपश्यत:॥ ७॥

When I was a strict Gaudiya Vaishnava and in my relationship with my boyfriend (who also happened to be a staunch Gaudiya Vaishnava from birth), for two years of being with him, I would cook everything at home.

Especially living in a place where there is a large Indian diaspora as well as he yoga health movement, it's not too hard to find egg-free cakes, and it tastes much better if you can bake your own!

I used to love making egg-free pastries; pies, cookies, and cakes.

I baked my own, and they're not so bad, especially when you frost them. It's easier to just make little cupcakes, and offer them to the Lord instead, and it's better for calorie counting! Thus my egg-replacer comes in handy many a time when I'm baking.

You do not need to eat eggs when you can get your protein from delicious paneer; you can make paneer sabji, paneer steaks (tomato-paste, soy sauce, hing, and spices... cut your paneer into steakish pieces, fry in ghee or oil, and then when sufficiently browned, add in your BBQ sauce mixture until thickened).

You can also get delicious protein in lentils and chickpea flour, and make pakoras and chickpea 'roti' as a snack with chatni.

And don't forget a hearty bean and vegetable chili!

Just don't forget to offer it to the Lord before eating...

Jaya Sri Krishna!

10. Re: Eggs

-----------------
    I have gone to many celebrations but I rejected eating cake which were not egg less, and I never eat non veg, I always take care, you can do it too, who can force to eat, it is you who can eat and reject the tamsic product. Keep your strict through.

Quote Originally Posted by Harinama View Post
    ----------------------
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Thread Information