Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hell inside the earth?

Hell inside the earth?

wwwavdot1611dotorg/hell.html

That page scared the heck out of me. This God must be a tyrant and his salesmen no better.

DON'T BE CAUGHT DEAD WITHOUT JESUS!
    Last edited by satay; 03 September 2006 at 06:33 PM.
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

Re: Hell inside the earth?

Quote Originally Posted by Sudarshan
    wwwdotav1611dotorg/hell.html

That page scared the heck out of me. This God must be a tyrant and his salesmen no better.

DON'T BE CAUGHT DEAD WITHOUT JESUS!
    I've seen this before. It is Christian propaganda. If you want to read about actual NDE reports read the books by Moody.
    Last edited by satay; 03 September 2006 at 06:33 PM.

Exclamation Re: Hell inside the earth?

Namaste,

I have mentioned this before, but EVERY link to a web-page, whether in praise or in condemnation, actually gives that page more weight in search-engine rankings. Some people will of course stumble across the web-pages that warn away from the untruth and correctly inform, but MORE people will simply be more easily directed to the scum that has consequently risen higher and higher in search-engine results.

Please think about this before gratuitously posting links and creating threads that merely introduce more people to some inflammatory rubbish that will increase the sum total both of anger and of ignorance in the world.

Admin Note:
    namaste all!

Please refrain from posting links to adharmic sites. Sarabhanga has tried very hard to make our forum on the top rankings on most of search engines. On some engines we are number 1 already! This type of adharmic link affects our search engine ranking and not to mention leads people away from dharmic site to adharmic one. Not something we want to do.

Thanks,
    satay

Post Re: Hell inside the earth?

Namaste Satay,

It is not any effect on the ranking of HDF that I am concerned about here, but mainly the general effect that such links to misinformation have as their numbers increase (and especially if they appear on web-sites which are themselves well rated by the search engines). And the end effect may easily be that even more internet searchers will more readily find the misinformation. Unless of course the misleading web-site starts providing links back to web-pages that present the true story ~ which is very unlikely!

Namaste Sudarshan,

Imagine a well-intentioned Hindu activist, who uses multiple IDs on multiple Hindu forums, and regularly posts things like "Have you seen this page, it is full of false information about Dharma" (for example).

After a few short discussions there could be dozens of links to that misinformation placed all over the internet. And they will all be related (in a search index) with the terms "information about Dharma".

Most reasonable people do not search the internet for "false information about Dharma", but the results they get for "information about Dharma" will be tainted by all of those unnecessary links.

Just imagine how much misinformation about Dharma that internet activist could actually promote to high visibility in search-engine results. And imagine the damage that he/she might actually be causing to the original noble intention of defending true Dharma.

Post Re: Hell inside the earth?

And (while on the subject) if anyone feels that they must point out the existence of Adharma on the internet, it would be best if a fully informative refutation or alternative view is also given in the same place. Or at least provide a link to another page where such a refutation or correct explanation has already been published (rather than just a direct link to the misinformation itself).

If this cannot be done, then it would be better (in public forums) to simply bury the misinformation with total silence.

Quote Originally Posted by satay
    Admin Note:
    namaste all!

Please refrain from posting links to adharmic sites. Sarabhanga has tried very hard to make our forum on the top rankings on most of search engines. On some engines we are number 1 already! This type of adharmic link affects our search engine ranking and not to mention leads people away from dharmic site to adharmic one. Not something we want to do.

Thanks,

Infact you do not perhaps know of the situation in Tamil Nadu. The missionaries are on an all scale "no holds barred" propaganda, and are ditributing leaflets to every house. I found one such lying on my front yard a few months back with warning!! Repent for your sins and confess to Jesus Christ or else... Poor Hindu maybe frightened. As if this were not enough some of our Hindu gurujis are simply trying to promote peace by equating Jesus and Krishna. Due to such brainwashing, one of my relatives converted to Christianity for some monetary concession. This relative then started trying to convert others in the family, but did not succeed. It is the personal right of an individual to follow a religion, but Hindus seem to be least bothered and the mode in which it is happening. If the trend continues there will be very Hindus left in Tamil Nadu after 20 years. An entire village near Kanyakumari converted 2 years ago, because bible was served with bread and butter. So many fellow Christians are suffering in poverty all over the world, and this christian community is not addressing that but is interested in getting new converts so that more people can be saved. They rarely care about people, just numbers. My relative who converted was duped after conversion - they promised a fixed amount every month, and after some time refused to pay any as she did not visit the church often. I dont think there is any provision in Srivaishnavism to accept "christian converts" again. Maybe they dont it but we must do it. All Hindu sects must have an active conversion and reconversion strategy to accomodate such cases and not look down upon these people.

This propaganda is now being done openly on walls, trees, billboards and what not and Hindus are simply wondering what to do. Hindus cannot do the same thing because Government will ban any such thing. I suggest we take these issues very seriously. Our think tank should come up with something. If somebody could take a busride from Kanyakumari to Madras, they will know immediately what I am saying...the bus route shows it all.

I live in Tamilnadu too.

There are cases where people who work as housemaids (their husbands having very meager income or unemployed) are lured into Christianity whereby the school education of their children is taken care of, and one person in a family gets employed by the missionaries. All the family members are given Christian name prefixes to their Hindu names and are strictly advised to abstain from their Hindu culture. Such housemaids don't even take the special food prepared on Hindu festival days, because they have got jnanasnanam. And finally they realize that nothing comes really free, for they are asked to remit a fixed percent of their income (at least Rs.100) every month to the church!

And there are cases of educated youth who are employed well and are enjoying a hi-profile life falling in love with their Christian workmates, leading to the beginning of diaster in their Hindu familes, the worst of such diaster being their Hindu family tree is truncated for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo
    And there are cases of educated youth who are employed well and are enjoying a hi-profile life falling in love with their Christian workmates, leading to the beginning of diaster in their Hindu familes, the worst of such diaster being their Hindu family tree is truncated for ever.
    Yes, invariably a mixed marriage means conversion and sometimes mass conversion of the family.

Are you getting any of these missionary leaflets too? I found that one morning a copy of the "new testament" was thrown into my house at night, which should be called by the name of trespassing. with some nice words in it- We pray for your safety. They throw their nets like this expecting some catch. When they get one, it is not only a new convert but another agent for future conversions.(within his family)

Thread Information