Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nithyananda 'Swami' Exposed!

Nithyananda 'Swami' Exposed!

Namaste,

Perhaps I'm a bit late to the party, but I just happened upon this video on YouTube about Nithyananda frolicking with an actress in his Ashram: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlK9AUnGBJE

It is quite shameful that he broke the faith that so many people had in him about being celibate and a Brahmacarin despite being so young.

However, before we all jump on the lambasting wagon, we must realize this is not as bad as it seems for a couple of reasons.

One, he is a man all said and done. When riSis in the days of yore couldn't control their sexual urges, it is quite a tall order to expect someone like Nithyananda to be completely celibate. Of course, his breaking of the trust between himself and his disciples is what is terrible here; not so much the sexual act itself.

Two, he had a relationship with a full-grown, adult female. The same cannot be said of the pedophile christian priests and sullah mullahs.

The other thing is the hidden camera was placed by someone named "K Lenin", either a foreigner, or Indian christian. The christians are in full swing trying to denigrate the swamis of India. They tried this with Sai Baba too but couldn't find anything. Only a few fanatic christians who lied and pretended to be disciples later said he "sexually molested them"! This was of course, unfounded and absolutely false! Who do they think Sai Baba is? jesus? To sleep with a prostitute (mary magdalene)?

Nonetheless, as Hindus we must be weary of these 'swamis' who ask for large sums of money for their 'darshan'; after all, knowledge is not a commodity! Unlike the west, where everything from people to degrees can be bought, Brahmajnana can only be transmitted from an enlightened guru to an initiated siSya.

Namaskar.

Re: Nithyananda 'Swami' Exposed!

Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post
    Namaste,

Perhaps I'm a bit late to the party, but I just happened upon this video on YouTube about Nithyananda frolicking with an actress in his Ashram: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlK9AUnGBJE

It is quite shameful that he broke the faith that so many people had in him about being celibate and a Brahmacarin despite being so young.

However, before we all jump on the lambasting wagon, we must realize this is not as bad as it seems for a couple of reasons.

One, he is a man all said and done. When riSis in the days of yore couldn't control their sexual urges, it is quite a tall order to expect someone like Nithyananda to be completely celibate. Of course, his breaking of the trust between himself and his disciples is what is terrible here; not so much the sexual act itself.

Two, he had a relationship with a full-grown, adult female. The same cannot be said of the pedophile christian priests and sullah mullahs.

The other thing is the hidden camera was placed by someone named "K Lenin", either a foreigner, or Indian christian. The christians are in full swing trying to denigrate the swamis of India. They tried this with Sai Baba too but couldn't find anything. Only a few fanatic christians who lied and pretended to be disciples later said he "sexually molested them"! This was of course, unfounded and absolutely false! Who do they think Sai Baba is? jesus? To sleep with a prostitute (mary magdalene)?

Nonetheless, as Hindus we must be weary of these 'swamis' who ask for large sums of money for their 'darshan'; after all, knowledge is not a commodity! Unlike the west, where everything from people to degrees can be bought, Brahmajnana can only be transmitted from an enlightened guru to an initiated siSya.

Namaskar.
    Pranam TT,
    Are you sure that is him? Why is the quality of the video sub-par? Is the video from 2 different days? It seems like the girl is wearing different clothes. What are the pills? And what's the deal with the constant scratching? Call me nieve but who has sex fully dressed?

Anyway, from a more spiritual point of view what are we really seeing here? Which asura should we expect to see Maa Kali destroy?

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwaunis View Post
    Pranam TT,
    Are you sure that is him? Why is the quality of the video sub-par? Is the video from 2 different days? It seems like the girl is wearing different clothes. What are the pills? And what's the deal with the constant scratching? Call me nieve but who has sex fully dressed?

Anyway, from a more spiritual point of view what are we really seeing here? Which asura should we expect to see Maa Kali destroy?

Namaste,
    Namaste Hiwaunis,

You know I too first wondered if that was really him. He has come out and said, "I did not do anything illegal!" That gives him away. In fact, the moment I found out that he charges up to $8000 (yes, US DOLLARS) for his 'Kalpataru' program, I knew there was something fishy.

We must remember that knowledge, even book knowledge, is NOT something that can be bought. That is why I hinted at 'buying degrees' as many, if not all, universities/colleges are in the BUSINESS of giving out degrees to anyone and everyone; for money. Students pay money, universities give out degrees. That is why there is no respect for education, especially in the west, anymore. Teachers are therefore looked upon as salesmen.

This is especially true of spiritual knowledge. Anyone who says, "Come, I'll show you GOD! Just give me your credit card" is an absolute fraud! If he/they take donations for upkeep of the ashram, attending to the needy (hungry,sick,poor), then I will more than gladly give money. This Nithyananda has amassed MILLIONS of dollars and has done very little with that money! Whereas Sai Baba, for example, gives millions to help the needy. He doesn't have a "throne" or a palace to stay in.

It is quite sad but alas this is Kali Yuga; time when fakes from all over will try to lead others.

People really need to be able to discern between honest and dishonest. The moment one charges money, I believe that anything spiritual is gone. Let us see what happens.

Namaskar.

Vannakkam:

I often wonder why we (not all of us course) get some sense of pleasure with watching the mighty fall. Celebs like Tiger Woods, or Britney Spears, or swamis. What is it that gets people so interested? Its really none of our personal business unless we are direstly involved, and I 'm guessing few of us here are. I could be wrong. There may be a Nityananda devotee with us. I know there are Sai devotees and Prabulapada devotees. Is it jealousy or our own insecurity or ego that somehow makes us feel better when this happens?

It just seems unHindu somehow to get pleasure out of others pain. Surely the people who laid their souls in obeisance to a swami must be going through hell in these moments.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post
    Namaste Hiwaunis,

You know I too first wondered if that was really him. He has come out and said, "I did not do anything illegal!" That gives him away. In fact, the moment I found out that he charges up to $8000 (yes, US DOLLARS) for his 'Kalpataru' program, I knew there was something fishy.

We must remember that knowledge, even book knowledge, is NOT something that can be bought. That is why I hinted at 'buying degrees' as many, if not all, universities/colleges are in the BUSINESS of giving out degrees to anyone and everyone; for money. Students pay money, universities give out degrees. That is why there is no respect for education, especially in the west, anymore. Teachers are therefore looked upon as salesmen.

This is especially true of spiritual knowledge. Anyone who says, "Come, I'll show you GOD! Just give me your credit card" is an absolute fraud! If he/they take donations for upkeep of the ashram, attending to the needy (hungry,sick,poor), then I will more than gladly give money. This Nithyananda has amassed MILLIONS of dollars and has done very little with that money! Whereas Sai Baba, for example, gives millions to help the needy. He doesn't have a "throne" or a palace to stay in.

It is quite sad but alas this is Kali Yuga; time when fakes from all over will try to lead others.

People really need to be able to discern between honest and dishonest. The moment one charges money, I believe that anything spiritual is gone. Let us see what happens.

Namaskar.
    Pranam TT,
    In fact, the moment I found out that he charges up to $8000 (yes, US DOLLARS) for his 'Kalpataru' program, I knew there was something fishy.

TT why? Why do you think that this is a lot of money? It is not a lot for many, many people. As a matter of fact I paid about $26k for my education. I have friends that are over $50k in debt for their education. Actually, there are people who donate this kind of money all the time. When it comes to spiritual knowledge I just don't see anything wrong with the "Robinhood" game. Afterall, what are the people who can spend this kind of money going to do with it otherwise? Most of them got that money by stealing and malnipulating others anyway. Why not use their own methods to take the money back? Shri Hari Vishnu would have done the same thing. There is nothing wrong with deceiving deamons.

Now I will admit that I do not what "NIT" does with the money. I've seen free medical clinics and heard something about staying at one of his ashrams for 1 year free.

"I did not do anything illegal!" Yes, I saw the english version of his speech. This is pure "lawyer and insurance company" jargon. This indeed makes him look guilty. This reminds me of an entertainer who took the bad advise of his lawyer and paid-off his accusers. (cause this is Thriller)

His followers seem to believe in him. I would hate to see him get married just to take some of the pressure off.

I donot understand why he would allow himself to be alone first of all with a woman and secondly a woman of low standards. It just seems like he is unaware of the HIV virus.

I don't TT, I mean that video makes him look like the average low life "dog". Notice how he just sort of layes there exposing and scrathing himself. I certainly won't jump to any conclusions, but something just doesn't seem right.

I have heard and seen this same thing happen over and over and over all of my life. This is one interesting leela.

Namaste,

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

I watched the video of paramahasa nityānanda, this will bring a blemish to his credibility no doubt.

I also watched many of his lectures and found his insights valuable.

I will avoid finding fault... but very disheartened.

praām

Last edited by yajvan; 07 March 2010 at 07:00 PM.
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hari o
    ~~~~~~

namast

I watched the video of paramahasa nityānanda, this will bring a blemish to his credibility no doubt.

I also watched many of his lectures and found his insights valuable.

I will avoid finding fault... but very disheartened.

praām

Pranam Yajvan,
    Don't be disheartened. No matter what truth and righteous will prevail. "NIT" has done good for a lot of people. There are still many people who are being spiritually nourished by his organizations and those people need all of our best wishes and prayers. So for now just think about saving them.

Namaste,

Nitiyananda should marry that girl. He should leave Sannyaas & enter Grihastha Ashrama.

Charging 8000 USD for his program does tell something about this "Sannyaasi". Why should a Sannyaasi need money at all ? How much did he give back to the society out of the money he collected ? Sannyaasi has no right to have wealth except his bare necessity. Again, which order of Sannyaasis does he belong to ? His lineage is suspect. Who gave him the title of "Paramhansa" ? "Paramhansa" is the highest title conferred to only the most eligible Sannyaasi by only a Self-realised Guru.

I find a lot of things with this godman fishy. It is not a sad news. It is good that a fraud is exposed and many innocent souls are saved from getting trapped by him. These so called saints are an ugly blot on Hinduism.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Was this person an advocate of celibacy? did he claim himself to be a traditional sannyasi? if so which order? If not, what's the fuss?

You make someone god or godman, believe his claims of enligthenment, pay $$ to hear him spill some nonsense, believe him to be your master and treat yourself as a slave, assign imaginary standards of superior conduct to this person, which you can never fullfill...and when all falls apart the person turns out to be just another businessman in the million dollar industry of fake spirituality, everybody is sad, hurt and disowning the said guru. think before you leap and don't whine afterwards.
    What is Here, is Elsewhere. What is not Here, is Nowhere.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

My concern is simple and it regards leadership. Kṛṣṇa calls this out in the Bhāgavad gītā , chapter 3, 21st śloka:

Whatsoever the śreṣṭha¹ (leader) does, the very same is also done by other men. Whatever standard he sets, the world follows it.

Paramahaṃsa nityānanda, by his own hand, has accepted this role. He has followers, donors, etc. hence he is the leader.
    Is he the saṃyāsin? I do not know as that is secondary on my list. If what occurred is true, paramahaṃsa nityānanda has lost perspective and the responsibilities that accompany a leader.

Chapter 3, 21st śloka
    Let not the wise create a division in the minds of the ignorant who are attached to action.

praām

words
    śreṣṭha - first, chief; better , more , distinguished , superior ; when used in the feminine gender śreṣṭhā , it means most splendid or beautiful , most beautiful of or among
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Thread Information