Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Jnana Yoga

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Namaste,

I have replied to some scriptural points in the thread on Vamachara, including the true meaning of jihvopastha-parityaga. Please see it there.

Regarding usage of 5M by brahmanas, there is no consistency about first three in Agamas. Some Agamas do permit to use anukalpas for wine, meat and fish for brahmanas, but it is argued by another Agamas. This polemics is evident in Kulapujana-chandrika, where one may find many pros&contras — but the resume is that brahmanas should use wine as well (this is supported by Tantraloka and Kularnava).
    But there is no legacy to substitute maithuna with anukalpa on the basis of brahmana-varna. In some cases physical maithuna is not possible, as then anukalpas are used. Since Shruti never prohibit sexual act for grihastha-brahmanas, there is no point for substitutes. Only in cases of group rituals brahmanas nowadays frequently use anukalpas, since the full practice of Shrichakrarchana demands very high level of bhAva from all participants.
    Thank you, we will continue all our discussion in one thread.

We will let this thread to deal with Jnana in general

Quote Originally Posted by ramkish42
    Yes I do understand.

The fact goes like this.

Freedom has twosides, internal and external whereas brahma gnana is only internal. How does this addressess external aspects of freedom, i.e. Moksha i.e. absense of rebirth.

God bestows his blessings in terms of gnana is well understood, but as the query goes, does a person who has realised this brahma gnana, if he alive for next say 10 / 20 years, how do you explain his survival vis-a-vis problems faced by him Vs Moksha. Is he living in Moksha or is it otherwise
    I made this query adding to general view of this thread. As it detracted by some other it is left at that point itself.

Any comments on this query

I made this query adding to general view of this thread. As it detracted by some other it is left at that point itself.

A yogi sees the world as non-different from Consciousness.

Re: Jnana Yoga

God bestows his blessings in terms of gnana is well understood, but as the query goes, does a person who has realised this brahma gnana, if he alive for next say 10 / 20 years, how do you explain his survival vis-a-vis problems faced by him Vs Moksha. Is he living in Moksha or is it otherwise

Namaskar

A person who realises Brahma jnana dies?

Brahma jnani is not the body that onlookers believe Him to be. So, these questions are valid (may be) from the point of onlooker who is not a jnani.

Brahma jnani may shed his body voluntarily or may be required to do so as per the destiny ruling the body, but does the spirit die? God bestowing jnana may mean different things to different people but brahma jnana is nectar of immortality.

The spirit does not die. I am the spirit is the brahma jnana. And for spirit there is no external and internal.

Om

Thread Information