Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Jnana Yoga

Post Jnana Yoga

Nivrtti-Marga (the Path of Inward Movement) denies the absolute necessity of rebirth, proposing the Devayana (Way of the Gods).

Nivrtti is the path of Jñana (Knowledge ~ the irrefutable intuition of universal unity), which leads directly to the perfect realization of one’s own true Self, nothing less than becoming one with the Supreme Spirit.

And thus it leads to Moksha, the absolute Liberation of the Soul (Atma or Jiva) from all the limitation and sorrow that it apparently suffers in the plane of phenomenal embodied existence.

It is also known as the Yoga-Kanda.
    Last edited by sarabhanga; 29 March 2006 at 10:21 PM.

Gnana is a means for attaining Moksha but it cannot all by itself gives moksha.

Gnana should lead one to Bhakti or Karma marga, or otherwise, should lead one to Charanaagati marga.

ya vidhya vimukthaye

As education should lead to Moksha, Gnana is fruit of education, gnana should lead to moksha though an established pathway

Just my humble opinion

Quote Originally Posted by ramkish42
    Gnana is a means for attaining Moksha but it cannot all by itself gives moksha.
    Sarabhanga was speaking about nondualistic Jnana (Brahma-jnana), which is same as Moksha, Freedom.
    True bhakti leads to such Jnana. In fact, some call it Jnana and some call it Prema, but essence is the same.

It is always GOD who gives Jnana by His grace (this process is called in Tantras and Shaivism "shakti-[ni]pAta"), and this Jnana makes one liberated.

Quote Originally Posted by Arjuna
    Sarabhanga was speaking about nondualistic Jnana (Brahma-jnana), which is same as Moksha, Freedom.
    True bhakti leads to such Jnana. In fact, some call it Jnana and some call it Prema, but essence is the same.

It is always GOD who gives Jnana by His grace (this process is called in Tantras and Shaivism "shakti-[ni]pAta"), and this Jnana makes one liberated.
    Yes I do understand.

The fact goes like this.

Freedom has twosides, internal and external whereas brahma gnana is only internal. How does this addressess external aspects of freedom, i.e. Moksha i.e. absense of rebirth.

God bestows his blessings in terms of gnana is well understood, but as the query goes, does a person who has realised this brahma gnana, if he alive for next say 10 / 20 years, how do you explain his survival vis-a-vis problems faced by him Vs Moksha. Is he living in Moksha or is it otherwise

According to Kaula-mata, liberated Yogi or Satkaula achieves Samarasya state and in a sense becomes a Rudra (woman — Yogini). Samarasya is beyond any worldly duality, thus being in body or not doesn't affect it. While living such Yogi is jivanmukta; he is not bound by samsara, but can freely enjoy the world as a manifestation of Brahman.

According to Kaula-mata, liberated Yogi or Satkaula achieves Samarasya state and in a sense becomes a Rudra (woman — Yogini). Samarasya is beyond any worldly duality, thus being in body or not doesn't affect it. While living such Yogi is jivanmukta; he is not bound by samsara, but can freely enjoy the world as a manifestation of Brahman.
    1. From when this thread fall into Kaula-mata

2. If living such yogi is jivanmukta, does that mean, as a jivanmukta, such yogi, never visits hospital on any illness, no such yogi ever been run over by a truck, no such yogi ever felt hungry or thristy? Living amidst samsara, how impact of samsara could miss a yogi? As long as a person lives in this world, he is bound by rules of samsara, he may disown or nor, irrespective of it, rules of samsara defintely affects in him.

Quote Originally Posted by ramkish42
    1. From when this thread fall into Kaula-mata

2. If living such yogi is jivanmukta, does that mean, as a jivanmukta, such yogi, never visits hospital on any illness, no such yogi ever been run over by a truck, no such yogi ever felt hungry or thristy? Living amidst samsara, how impact of samsara could miss a yogi? As long as a person lives in this world, he is bound by rules of samsara, he may disown or nor, irrespective of it, rules of samsara defintely affects in him.
    1. Thread is not limited to the Doctrine of Kula of course. As i represent it, i speak from its viewpoint.

2. Jivanmukta may be ill, run over by a truck or feel hungry. But he won't be troubled by these things, since any interaction for him is an event of Bliss.

I will be waiting for some one to reiterate the second point mentioned by Shri Arjuna so that I can post my comments on it.

Thanks

2. Jivanmukta may be ill, run over by a truck or feel hungry. But he won't be troubled by these things, since any interaction for him is an event of Bliss.
    There you go ramkish42 ... but why are you always waiting for someone else to reiterate his points?

btw, arjuna even our existence with body means a billion interaction with the cosmic universe at many levels, so a jivanmukta should be perpetualy at bliss, without much indulgence like common man who are bound to samsara and/or sex. I would guess purpose of a jivanmukta's (I assume a perfected being) existence on earth has to be more scientific than enjoying samsaric bliss like others.
    Last edited by Singhi Kaya; 20 April 2006 at 05:47 PM.

As i already had said, Jivanmukta (Siddha-yogi, Satkaula) is not dependant upon any outer act, since his very being is samyoga with Mahashakti. Though he may enjoy sex, perhaps he will do so only with his beloved, and thus NOT for the sake of physical enjoyment (he has enough of it), but for the sake of pure Love. If he is single, he is likely not to have any external sex, which is not a restraint of any kind but natural behaviour.

Thread Information