Thread: RAMANAVAMI CELEBRATIONS

RAMANAVAMI CELEBRATIONS

Hare Krsna...

Wish all of you a happy RamNavami. How many of will you be observing fasts?

Would somebody of you also be doing parayanam of Valmiki Ramayana or Ram Charita Manas?

One suggestion, If you don't have enough time doing that, you can also read Lord Rama's pasttimes mentioned in BhAgwatam. They are mentioned in brief, but very beautiful.

Jai Sri Sita-Ram-Lakshamana-Hanuman.

Re: RAMANAVAMI CELEBRATIONS

Hare KRSNa

Wishing everyone a blissful RAm Navami. Please listen :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZQoVfIj2vA
    Ra ghu pa ti rA ~ gha va rA jA rAm
    Pa tI ta pA ~ va na si ~ tA ~ rAm

Fast, yes, and an upside down shira-halwa "cake" for Prabhu Shri RAm.

SiyAvar RAmchandra ki jay
    Last edited by smaranam; 23 March 2010 at 03:34 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Dear Krshna Das,

I am glad to see this message and i was expecting you will be posting a Rama navami related message today and bingo, its here.

I went to one of the old Lord Rama temple in Bangalore Jaya nagar 2nd Block this morning and the feeling is unexplainable. Though i didn't get Panakam ( the sugary lime water with pepper), the prasadam was divinely. I am not fasting today so i had taken the prasad already.

Wish and pray the almighty Lord Rama to bless you and stengthen you for all your endeavors.

Jai Jai Sri Ram!

Sri Ram Jaya Ram Jaya Jaya Ram

Raghu Pati Raghav Raja Ram Patit Pavan Sita Ram

Pranam to all on this glorious day of Ram apperance day.

Tulsidas write in his mannas

93B Chhanda: Brahmaandda-nikaa-yaa nirmita maa-yaa roma roma prati bayda kahay:
    Mama ura so baasee yaha upahaasee sunata dheera-mati thira na rahay::
    Upajaa jaba jnaanaa Prabhu musukaanaa charita bahuta bidhi keenha chahai:
    Kahi kathaa suhaa-yee maatu bujhaa-yee jayhi prakaara suta prayma lahai:: Bk192
    Kaushalyaa continued, "The Vedas declare that the multitudes of universes reflected as reality by maya are embedded in each hair on your body. O Lord! The intriguing fact that the same Lord stayed in my heart (womb) will create a storm of excitement and wonder even in the minds of men of steady wisdom." When Kaushalyaa showed her Knowledge of Shree Raama being Brahman, He smiled. He told her that He wanted to perform a variety of deeds. He narrated stories of the past to make Kaushalyaa enjoy her role and the bliss of being His mother.
    93C Chhanda: Maataa puni bolee so mati ddolee tajahu taata yaha roopaa:
    Keeji-yay sisu-leelaa ati-priya-seelaa yaha sukha parama anoopaa::
    Suni bachana sujaanaa rodana tthaanaa ho-yi baalaka sura-bhoopaa:
    Yaha charita jo gaavahin Hari-pada paavahin tay naa parahin bhava-koopaa:: Bk192
    Kaushalyaa's mind was confused. She said, "O Lord! Give up your form and display your child-like playful form. That is the source of supreme delight to me." At this, the Lord of all gods became a baby and started its cries. Those who hear this narrative attain the Lord's abode and never fall in the well of rebirth.
    94 Dohaa: Bipra-dhaynu-sura-santa-hita, leenha manuja avataara:
    Nija-ich-chhaa-nirmita-tanu, maa-yaa-guna go-paara:: Bk192
    94. God is beyond maya, its (satvaguna, rajoguna and tamoguna) modes and the reach of the senses. By His own choice He manifested Himself in a human form for the good of the Brahmin, the cow, gods and saints.

Jai Shree Ram
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Therefore, even if somebody is not observing fast today, one can atleast sing this beautiful prayer composed by TulsiDas Ji. Any one who sings or hears this prayer even once, come out of this cycle of birth and death, and attain the lotus feet of Supreme Lord (Hari-pada paavahin).

Hare Rama hare krishna,

Well, Ram Navami is one of the occasion to celebrate the birth of lord Rama, He was an ideal King, son, husband and brother.
    Chakra Healing with RRST!!!

Thread Information