Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What does Kundalini energy feel like?

Re: What does Kundalini energy feel like?

kundalini - can only be experienced and explained by true spiritual masters, like Ramkrishna Paramhansa, Swami Vivekananda, Shriram Sharma Acharya.

we have an article on our blog that is an excerpt from Swami Vivekananda's speech, explaining Kundalini......pls click on the link below to read:

http://guidingthoughts.blogspot.com/...n-subject.html

Best regards
    guidingthoughts.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/guidingthoughts?ref=stream

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Guiding Thoughts View Post
    kundalini - can only be experienced and explained by true spiritual masters, like Ramkrishna Paramhansa, Swami Vivekananda, Shriram Sharma Acharya.
    I have a different view on this matter.

If one is considering the more esoteric (rahasya¹) view of kuṇḍlinī i.e. the awakening of cosmic energy in full force within the aspirant, then I must agree. Yet to miss kuṇḍlinī within the currents/energy of prāṇa, vīrya, etc. would be a mistake.

If we looked to abhinavagupa-ji (author of the tantrāloka) he would perhaps view kuṇḍlinī in a few ways:
    • pūrnākuṇḍlinī - that energy that is non-distinct from śiva ( fullness or pūrṇā)
    • śaktipāt - that energy arising via initiation
    • ūrdhvakuṇḍlinī - ascending energy - this can be in initiation or other uplifting (ūrdhva) experiences e.g. love, expansion of awareness, directed-focused attention, etc.
    • prāṇakuṇḍlinī - energy of the breath ( which many call out as 3 or 5 )
    • saṃvid-śakti - conscious power, awareness
    This whole universe is filled with kuṇḍlinī = śakti = devī. We too are filled with this, the energy found in sight, taste, touch, smell, awareness, etc. And we are told in kaśmir śaivism that śiva is non different then śakti: na hi śaktiḥ śivād bhedam āmarśayet or śakti never considers Herself non-different from śiva¹.
    But why is this ? It is becasue the Supreme is ever intent on creativity¹ (visargaparama) and this occurs via His śakti ( non different then Him).

praṇām

words
    • rahasya - a secret , any secret doctrine or mystery; esoteric teaching
    • we find this stated in the parātrīśikā vivaraṇa following the 1st śloka, where devī asks her first question to śiva
    • creativity - called out in the trikahṛdaya which is referenced in the parātrīśikā vivaraṇa.
    Last edited by yajvan; 26 November 2012 at 11:35 AM.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Does anyone belief in -Sri Mataji who said she awakes every Kundalini just by looking at her picture during meditation.
    AUM

I don't know much at all, but when I was studying up about what the Kundalini experience actually 'feels' like, came from the man right here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gopi_Krishna_(yogi)

There was also references to it in Autobiography of a Yogi by Swami Yogananda.

If Lord Shiva wills it, it will happen by itself when the time is right.

Aum Namah Shivaya

.....then, one feels a build up of spiritual energy and they release it in the wrong way or by doing wrong postures and breathing too hard during Pranayama...forgetting to surrender...forgetting to 'take it slow'...

All of a sudden, one climaxes into a searing hot migraine followed by a low-grade temperature with whole body shivering and numbness everywhere...everything looks like you're seeing it from underwater, totally moving by itself and you can't keep anything down, laying in a pool of your own sweat generated by your spine and hoping ice-packs gonna work...the one on top of my head melted in like 10 minutes.

This feels awful, but it's not the first time. I'll just lay on my right side and stay there, trying not to move. Not gonna do 'that' again anytime soon.
    Last edited by Necromancer; 22 January 2013 at 04:38 AM.

śaktipāt - that energy arising via initiation
    After Shaktipat diksha the kundalini energy may be felt in the body/mind as an inner force that makes the body doing spontaneous bandhas, mudras and pranayamas, kumbakhas (hatha yoga movements) as to make the energy rise further removing blocks in the different bodies.

Or it can be felt as spontaneous withdrawal of focus inward (stillness).

Rushes in the spine.

Shakings of the body.

The kundalini Shakti is a sacred most intelligent energy doing it's work.

Thread Information