Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does Kundalini energy feel like?

What does Kundalini energy feel like?

Does anyone know if it has a specific feeling?

Re: What does Kundalini energy feel like?

Namaste

I am the wrong person , not qualified to say anything about it. Once I felt a pop on the crown, like a lid open, and very relaxed. I kept feeling relaxed for a long time, and also as if I cared the least about anything. This was during the day. Once at night, I was awake and lying on one side. I felt one whole side vibrate and go numb. It was quite scary, like something paralytic. I started praying, talking to KRSNa "If i have made some mistake perhaps i deserve this but please forgive me if possible......" It stopped after that. For some reason i was feeling quite fine after that, do not know what gave the feeling it was related to Kundalini.

In any case, Kundalini is not necessarily always felt. A mere change in attitude, cascading insights one after another, intuition, seeing things, could all be Kundalini.

** More important, we should not keep expectations of any sort, just go about our way. Krshna says in the Bhagavad Gita - your right is on actions to be performed, duties, (including sAdhanA or meditation) , not on the results (i.e. keeping expectations).

Please look forward to better replies.
    Last edited by smaranam; 30 March 2010 at 04:55 PM.
    || Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

Lucrosus: As far as I know it has no specific feeling, but I am no expert. For most of us, if we did feel it, we wouldn't know what it was anyway. Its one of those areas that can be quite controversial, as it gets interpreted a lot, and has a wide variety of viewpoints.

From my personal point of view, only a very advanced yoga adept with many years or lifetimes of sadhana under his of her belt would be there anyway. The rest are most likely pretenders. I've also heard there is a certain magnetism to the word, and concept which attracts people who are not ready and it can lead to problems.

I also agree with what smaranam said.

Aum Namasivaya

kundalini awakens when you are on the verge of self realization . and as it rises you meet with different stages of realization -- direct experiences with god .
    so i would doubt if there's anyone on internet who would be able to answer this question .

A popular sage in Tamilnadu, South India, whom his devotees celebrate by the name Yogiraj Vethathiri Maharishi, (he passed away in an advanced age some years back), simplified the kuNDalinI yoga and taught it in the name of SKY--simplified kuNDalinI yoga.

Some years back, a young trained devotee of the sage told me that he could raise at will (with some concentration of course), his kuNDalini energy to the Ajna chakra between the eyebrows, but then once the energy is thus raised it has to be pacified back to its base using what they called the shAnti yoga. He also said that a person with the kuNDalinI shakti raised up to the Ajna chakra when photographed, a white dot would be seen in the photo between the eyes.

Elsewhere in Theosophy, I have read that when kuNDalinI raises and activates the chakras one by one, a feeling of mild pin-pricks, itching and thrill might be felt, but I have not tried such things.

Here are two links:
    http://www.skysociety.org.sg/
    http://www.vethathiri.org/SKY/
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    A popular sage in Tamilnadu, South India, whom his devotees celebrate by the name Yogiraj Vethathiri Maharishi, (he passed away in an advanced age some years back), simplified the kuNDalinI yoga and taught it in the name of SKY--simplified kuNDalinI yoga.

Some years back, a young trained devotee of the sage told me that he could raise at will (with some concentration of course), his kuNDalini energy to the Ajna chakra between the eyebrows, but then once the energy is thus raised it has to be pacified back to its base using what they called the shAnti yoga. He also said that a person with the kuNDalinI shakti raised up to the Ajna chakra when photographed, a white dot would be seen in the photo between the eyes.

Elsewhere in Theosophy, I have read that when kuNDalinI raises and activates the chakras one by one, a feeling of mild pin-pricks, itching and thrill might be felt, but I have not tried such things.

Here are two links:
    http://www.skysociety.org.sg/
    http://www.vethathiri.org/SKY/
    as far as i can remember right now , kundalini doesnt come down once it reaches the throat chakra(visuddha) . and going upto ajna chakra is when you have the first direct relaizations of the supreme !! and in sahashrar its nirvikalpa . one cannot come down from it .
    there are rarest of rare instances , however, of some godmen and avatars who could pull down kundalini from the sahasrar . but for ordinary sadhaks kundalini doesnt stoop any more lower once it crosses throat chakra.

Thanks for all the info! I've had some things happen to me and was just wondering if this could be the reason.

I am not sure if I have 100% had fully awakened kundalini, but many times during meditation in the last year or so, I can feel the movement through my spine. My backbone up to my head will swivel in circles a bit, and change directions. I remember during my Oneness Blessing training, we did Ananda Mandala meditation and I felt bursts of energy from my heart and then my brain (guessing crown chakra). I thought for a second I was having a heart attack but I guess they were what are called "kriyas" that you can have during meditation. So it definitely is something real and something that can be felt by all of us, but I am not sure what counts for full awakening...

Jigar Guest

I experienced an awakening of some sort of inception. When I posted here a while back ago, members told me that is was indeed a Kundalini awakening thru dreamstate.

I experienced:
    1. Lucid capabilities
    2. Smelling the stench of death
    3. Immersion of Love
    4. A feeling that can only bee described as conjucture of majic
    5. Innate ability to conquer anything
    6. Flying
    7. etc.

If you would like to know details about these experience, PM me and I will send you a link.

To asnwer to the original question, what does kundalini energy feel like. I have no idea. But these days everything is passed for kundalini energy. A lot of what these modern teachers talk about has very little to do with the awakening of kundalini.

Look at the answer Swami Chetananda gave, this answer is very bad for business. Any business guru would have surely given an interpretation to this rush of energy, because that's what people want to hear and if you don't tell them what they want to hear, they will seek their business elsewhere.

Neotantrism and the Ego Trap

Neotantrism is riddled with the "false consciousness" of means and goals. The sexual ritual, like the other Tantric devices, is tackled as a means to the end of "higher" states or experiences. But this very goal-directedness is what dooms the attempt to failure. Means and goals presuppose the ego, which we are supposed to transcend. In his book The Breath of God, Swami Chetanananda mentioned the case of a man who excitedly told him how, during sex, he had felt "a tremendous rush of energy" to his head and had since been trying to recapture that experience by having sex every day. The Swami humorously remarked:

In the whole religion business, over and over again you'll find this tendency to get everyone looking for something that isn't there, or that means very little even if it is there. Do you see the problem inherent in this whole idea? It's an arrangement worthy of Tom Sawyer and I'll bet somebody's ending up with a lot of whitewashed fences.10

Wise practitioners realize that enlightenment, or the realization of Being, cannot be coerced. Any self-motivated effort on the spiritual path is self-defeating, because it leads to ego-inflation rather than ego-transcendence. The idea that we can cause enlightenment should be the first to be jettisoned; often it is the last. As Ananda Coomaraswamy noted in his beautiful and by now classic essay on the Hindu-Buddhist ideal of spontaneity (sahaja), "All that is best for us comes of itself into our hands-but if we strive to overtake it, it perpetually eludes us."11
    http://www.santosha.com/moksha/tantrism1.html
    Last edited by Sahasranama; 13 November 2010 at 07:08 AM.

Thread Information