Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mantra of Lakshmi

A bone-littered nest in the bottom of a pit deep in the jungles of Amesbury, Massachusetts.

Mantra of Lakshmi

I have been looking for work for about 2 months now and although I know its not exactly the best thing to be praying for, I need to learn the mantra of Lakshmi to pray for her aid. I have less work experience than I should have at this stage in my life, and am afraid of being locked into living with my parents for the rest of my life due to the increasing difficulty in getting work in my situation. Can anyone help by posting a mantra dedicated to lakshmi for me to recite in the morning and before going to bed?

Re: Mantra of Lakshmi

Ashvati:

I know that prayer is very personal, and the methods would vary. My feeling is that generally a direct prayer like what you mention may not work. God does not let you win lotteries for instance. It would be illusion to think so. Lord Ganesha is also a benevolent being for these kinds of prayers. Personally, I feel it is better to proceed for clarity of mind as to how one proceed in the path for this life. In the mental wording itself, try to be a as clear as you can. It may even help to write it down on a piece of paper before going to temple. Then you can mentally state what it is you need. Purchasing an archana and setting aside a time just for that one experience (the prayer) certainly wouldn't hurt either. Many people, as they don't actually believe in the mystical presence or power of God, wouldn't see it this way. Obviously I do, since some of my prayers get answered. Ask as if you were asking your elder brother or your father for a dear favor. See Him (or Her) as that personal.

As far as a job goes, just be incredibly persistent. Ask God for more will. When I graduated in 1975 (B.Ed) , I sent out exactly 50 resumes to Boards of Education. From those I got 3 interviews. From there I managed to secure a job. Most of the older folks on here can relate. Its not easy, but it's an overused cliche, but persistence does pay off.

Aum Namasivaya

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvati View Post
    I have been looking for work for about 2 months now and although I know its not exactly the best thing to be praying for, I need to learn the mantra of Lakshmi to pray for her aid. I have less work experience than I should have at this stage in my life, and am afraid of being locked into living with my parents for the rest of my life due to the increasing difficulty in getting work in my situation. Can anyone help by posting a mantra dedicated to lakshmi for me to recite in the morning and before going to bed?
    Pranam,
    Here you go:

To Goddess Lakshmi, for increasing wealth, luxuries, promotion, status.
    Aum Mahalakshmaye Vidmahe
    Vishnupriyaye Dhimahi
    Tanno Lakshmih Prachodayat
    Another similar Gayatri for Lakshmi is:
    Om Mahalakshmyai cha vidmahe
    Vishnu patnyai cha dhimahi
    Tanno Lakshmihi prachodayat
    Translation: “Om. Let us meditate on the Great Goddess Sri Lakshmi, the consort of Sri Maha Vishnu. May that effulgent Maha Lakshmi Devi inspire and illumine our mind and understanding.”
    Another traditional mantra is:
    Om sreem hreem kleem kamale kamalalaye prasida prasida sreem hreem kleem sri maha lakshmyi namaha.

From what I have read you have to chant one of these mantras 125,000 times. If you are serious you should get started now. But remember Mother Laxmi is a Goddess of action. Therefore, you should follow EM's advice. Your Laxmi will come once your karmic accounts are low enough. It's only then will she remove her veil.
    Good Luck!
    Namaste,

A bone-littered nest in the bottom of a pit deep in the jungles of Amesbury, Massachusetts.

I'll have to get to work on memorising that mantra and keep it up as far as searching and applying. Thank you both.

Om Mahalaksmiyai Namah

listen this :

Mahalaksmi Moll Mantra and Gayatri :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTxpVDN-5X0

Mahalaksmi ashtakam :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR3fwyNGR9A

Mahalaksmi asthakam is short verse with deep meaning, i like this.

Mahalakshmi ashtakam

Mahalakshmi, who is the consort of Vishnu is worshipped as goddess of wealth. In the beginning of creation she took form from the left side of Vishnu and was later born again from the sea of milk, when the devas churned it for getting nectar. She resides on the chest of Maha Vishnu as “Sri Vatsa”.It was she who took birth as Seetha and Rukmani.This very simple prayer is very ancient and has been chanted by generations for solving all their problems.

Namosthesthu Maha Maye,
    Sree peede, sura poojithe,
    Sanka, chakra, Gadha hasthe,
    Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 1

Salutations and salutations to Goddess Mahalakshmi*,

Who is the great enchantress,

Who lives in riches,

Who is worshipped by Gods,

And who has conch, wheel and mace in her hands.

Namasthe garudarude,
    Kolasura bhayam kari,
    Sarva papa hare, devi,
    Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 2

Salutations and salutations to Goddess Mahalakshmi.

Who rides on an eagle,

Who created fear to Kolasura,

And is the goddess who can destroy all sins

Sarvagne Sarva varadhe,
    Sarva dushta Bhayam karee,
    Sarva dukha hare, devi,
    Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 3

Who knows everything,

Who can grant any thing,

Who appears fearsome to bad people,

And is the goddess who can destroy all sorrows.

Sidhi budhi pradhe devi,
    Bhakthi mukthi pradayinee,
    Manthra moorthe, sada devi,
    Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 4

Salutations and salutations to Goddess Mahalakshmi,

Who grants intelligence and occult powers,

Who grants devotion to God and salvation,

Who can be personified by holy chants,

And who is Goddess for ever.

Adhyantha rahithe, devi,
    Adhi Shakthi maheswari,
    Yogaje yoga sambhoothe,
    Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 5

Who neither has an end nor beginning,

Who is the primeval power,

Who is the greates Goddess,

Who is born out of hard penance,

And who can be personified by meditation.

Sthoola Sukshma maha roudhre,
    Maha Shakthi Maho dhare,
    Maha papa hare devi,
    Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 6

Who is micro and also gross,

Who is most fearsome,

Who is the greatest strength,

Who within her holds the worlds,

And is the Goddess who can destroy sins.

Padmasana sthithe, devi,
    Para brahma swaroopini,
    Para mesi, jagan matha,
    Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 7

Who is the goddess who has the seat of Lotus,

Who is the personification of the ultimate truth,

Who is Goddess of all,

And who is the mother of all the worlds.

Swethambara dhare, devi,
    Nanalankara bhooshithe,
    Jagat sthithe, jagan matha,
    Maha Lakshmi Namosthuthe., 8

Who wears white cloth,

Who wears variety of ornaments,

Who is everywhere in the world,

And who is the mother of all the worlds.

Maha lakmyashtakam stotram,
    Ya padeth Bhakthiman nara,
    Sarva sidhi mavapnothi,
    Rajyam prapnothi sarvadha.

Those men who read this octet praising Mahalakshmi,

With devotion and discipline,

Would make all powers as his own,,

And also would attain the kingdom for ever.

also must be know, Mother Laksmi like clean and dilligent (its mean you must like to keep clean your body - speech - mind, take a bath, clean your room, and you must become dilligent), also when you cahnting this according to the tantra teachings, you must chant with joyfull mind (its mean you very conffident because you know about Mother Mahalaksmi and She will bless you)

so when we chant Her mantra, dont let anger - sad - despair appear in your mind. Put only a joyfull to Mother's love.

OM. VAJRA. VISHNUYA. SVAHA
    OM. VAJRA. GARUDA. CALE CALE. HUM PHAT

OM. AMOGHA VAIROCANA. MAHA-MUDRA. MANI PADMA JVALA PRAVARTTAYA. HUM

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |
    Saha Viiryam Karava-Avahai |
    Tejasvi Nau-Adhii-Tam-Astu Maa Vidviss-Aavahai |
    Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Did you know ? Japan peoples also is a devottee of Mother Mahalaskmi, Mahasridevi was very popular in japan.

from India --- China --- Japan and Korea

but most popular in Japan

Kanji : 吉祥天女
    Japan : Kichijoten
    Chinesse : Jixiang Tiannv
    Sanskrit : 吉祥 (Sri) 天女 (Devi)

Kichijōten 吉祥天, Kichijō Tennyo 吉祥天女, Kudokuten 功徳天
    Goddess of Beauty, Luck, Prosperity, and Merit
    ORIGIN = HINDU MYTHOLOGY
    Sanskrit = Śrī-Mahadevi, Mahāśrī, Mahasri, Lakṣmī, Laksmi
    Chn. = Jíxiáng Tiān; Korean = Gilsang Cheon 길상천

In the Jimon
    寺門 branch of Tendai 天台 Buddhism, Kichijōten is equated
    with Myōken
    妙見, the deification of the Northern Pole Star & Big Dipper.
    Kichijōten 吉祥天. Also spelled Kichijoten; also read Kisshōten, Kisshoten. Wife of Vishnu (Viṣṇu) in Hindu myths; wife or sister of Bishamonten in Buddhist myths. In Japan she is the goddess of fortune, luck, beauty, and merit; among some Japanese sects she was the central devotional deity, given individual status as an object of Buddhist worship, but since the 15th / 16th century, her imagery & attributes have been largely supplanted by the Goddess Benzaiten (Sarasvati). Among existing sculpture & artwork, she is sometimes shown wearing a tiara containing an image of the phoenix. (Note: Must still confirm this phoenix entry.)

This is Her form in Japan

Note :

In Tibetan Higest Tantra practice, SHE was consort of Kalacakra Vajra.

Shakti of Lord of the Whell Of Time

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |

Quote Originally Posted by shian View Post
    D
    In Tibetan Higest Tantra practice, SHE was consort of Kalacakra
    This is wrong, Vishvamata is consort of Kalachakra, this means mother of the universe and all devis are called with that name in Hindu Tantra, not only Lakshmi.

The Kalachakra Buddha is depicted while he tramples and tries to destroy and subjugate Rudra (Shiva) and Kamadeva and their consorts with his feet because they are considered as the evil Mara (sort of buddhist devil) and symbolise impurities in the buddhist highest yoga tantra system

The so called highest yoga tantra of vajrayana contains a lot of symbology, prayogas and teachings directed against hindu dharma.

The hindu deity called Kala or Mahakala or Kala bhairava or simply Bhairava, a form of Shiva, is the embodiment of time, so it is rather Kali, or Bhairavi that is the Lady of Time than Laxmi.

Regarding Lakshmi Mantras generally it is not advisable to use mantras that contain Bijas, i.e. single Syllables, or strings of Bijas, without the personal guidance of an experienced Practicioner or Guru.
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 07 April 2010 at 10:40 AM.

Maharada, thnak you for your correction .

But in differents lineage have different teaching about who is Vishvamata originally.

About Shiva in foot of Kalacakra , if this is to against Hindu., that is wrong!

But many of images everyone is have right how to explain the message of the image.

Before you said that is to against Hindu, you must think about this :

1. See what happen in Hindu purana etc.
    See what happen in the story of deitys. Which deitys is higer?
    What happened with the conliflict of all sect ?
    Many conflict is only about who is the higer Deitys according to the text.
    and from age to age, this conflict is never ending.

And we will continued this conflict again now????

The Lila of Deitys in many text is only a "way" to teach. That is not a "things" to make beings slander each others.

2. See who is Shiva according to the Buddhist Canon (Tripitaka)
    Shiva is also a mara
    but in the Buddhist canon, Shiva also High realm Bodhisattva, the manifestasion of ancient Buddha !

and ,

Buddhist teaching said, Higest Mara is manifestasion of High Bhumi of Bodhisattva. He have great vow, and use His own way to teaching beings!

3. I agree with you about Mahalaksmi Mantra, off course is better if you can learn from Guru!

4. But if you want to chant and sing Mahalaksmiashtakam, that is a universal practice, no need any initiation, and that is so effective to get the blessing.

or you can only chant Laksmi nama

Maharada, i believe you have many knowledge about text

but if you read text in view of conflict of sect.
    like : XXX sect made this Deitys or text to against XXreligion etc...

i tell you, what you learn is only will stuck in worldy conflict.

that is only about samsara.

like a conflict, my God is original, your God is false, oh this is a topic until a thousand years ago, you not fell boring to continue that ?

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |

Hey,

I remember one fact :

1. Arya Nagarjuna have offer a flower in front of Shiva statue

2. One of Buddhist Great Yogi , He is get empowrment and teachings from Shiva and Uma.

3. Shiva has also have a "special" position in Hindu,
    why i said "special"
    because said He is Mahadeva, also said He is lord of Ganas who gave us obstacle in wordly and spiritual life.
    Sometimes He become a bhakta of other Deitys
    sometimes He in the foot of Kali

4. Narayana , Mahasridevi, Vasudeva, Mahesvara have important position in Garbhadhatu Mandala.
    Narayana - Mahasri - Mahakali - Sarasvati - Ganesh - also very important Deitys in Buddhist and have many bhakta in Buddhist.

dont see Buddhist is want Hindus become Buddhist.

But if we see in Hindu sect, same things are happened. This sect have superior theory better than others.

please try to see Buddhist is just like one sect of Hindu. You will find, what Buddhist do is not different with what kind of relation of many sect in Hindu.

and what happened in Hindus sect , for me is not about conflict, the different is about the different way to teachings different peoples, this is about God Grace.

But people with demonic mind will see from point of conflict. No God Grace there, there is the conflict of God.

Om Saha Nau-Avatu |
    Saha Nau Bhunaktu |

Hi shian,
    No in Hindu tantra we don´t have pictures and sadhanas that go against other religions or show other deities in pain, if one deity is shown supreme it simply sits on top of the other like on a throne , or is carried on his shoulders or sits on a grown lotus above the other.
    I know it is against Hindu deities because i have had buddhist teachers who told me the diverse meaning from different lineages, i also have studied several Higher yoga tantras which contain a lot of abhicharika prayogas especially directed against other religions and there are some ugly details about how hindu deities are subjugated. If Buddhists especially those following higher yoga tantra, do not want to be stuck in worldly conflict or have a demonic mind, like you say, than they should remove these teachings and images out of their sect or at least explain them differently.
    If Hindus see that budhhist protector mahakala, (whose image and name is copied from hindu tantras) is depicted trampling on Ganesha and Ganesha is shown full of pain this is shocking, especiall when one keeps in mind that in hindu religion Mahakala is a form of Shiva , Ganeshas father.The buddhist picture for worship of six armend Mahakala, shows the father trampling and causing pain to his own son. Can this be auspicous,or is there something wrong with that? On the one hand buddhist copy the deities from Hindu but then they make the copies fight the original? What kind of crazy sect or religion is this? Then they also worship Ganesha in another tantra, but they say the one that is trampled is the hindu Ganesha a demon and the other they worship is not the hindu Ganesha but a lookalike Buddha. Crazy or not?
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 08 April 2010 at 04:44 AM.

Thread Information