Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

Let me test my understanding on those that wish to help:
    • yajvan
    • EM
    • satya
    • devotee
    Count me in too. I can put in some monetary as well as manual help.
    Currently, I reside in Bangalore. However, my native place is near Varanasi, eastern part of UP. I go there sometimes, if I find some needy people, I will keep that in mind.
    HariH Om!
    Hare Krishna

Re: An idea...

Vannakkam all:

Thanks harekrishna for joining..

Good to hear it may be near Kanchipuram. We're staying there next January for two nights while doing Thiruthani on the Arupadaveedu pilgrimage. If there is any way I can help directly, like taking funds in person, or something like that, let me know. I wonder what a nice Jersey cow would like as a gift from the west.

Aum Namasivaya

Re: An idea...An Update

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté harekrishna,
    Quote Originally Posted by harekrishna View Post
    Count me in too.
    thank you for your offer...

Once I get the details I will update all that have offered their kind help on this initiative.

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

I have been updated on our cow (go) endeavor and have information for you. I will contact you via our HDF IM messaging today.

HDF members participating in our cow as a gift/blessing are shown below. If others care to join let us know as we will now start making arrangements for payment, delivery, yajña and the like.

• yajvan
    • EM
    • satay
    • devotee
    • harekrishna

praṇām
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

Talking Re: An idea...

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Many times on this forum we talk of cows and ahiṁsā (non-injury, some call this non-violence). Yet what do we do? In hopes we change a mind and advance the idea. I think we may have an opportunity to do more.

Perhaps we can do this, and we need the help of some of our HDF members in India. What if we as HDF members purchase a cow and give it to family to take care of. That is, a family that would treasure this cow and treat it appropriately. In return the cow gives milk ( and hence ghee) to the family.

We at HDF pay for the cow , send the money to India to one of our esteemed HDF members. They in turn select the cow and the family that the go ( cow ) will be given to.

Here is what we need:
    • co-operation from our esteemed members in India
    • financal support from our HDF members
    • understanding the costs and dividing up the cost to those that are interested
    • followup to see if this plan is worthy of merit and if it sould be repeated again.
    I will be happy to make the first donation amount. I will need help though from my Indian counter-parts on how to carry this satvic action to a successful conclusion.

What are your thoughts and who wishes to help?

praṇām
    Pranam,
    Heeyyy you guys! You have been planning this since the 25th of last month and no one bothered to tell me! Count me in.

Namaste,

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwaunis View Post
    Pranam,
    Heeyyy you guys! You have been planning this since the 25th of last month and no one bothered to tell me! Count me in.

Namaste,
    I mean sure, I can sit here chant, pray, and meditate all day and night. Mother Laxmi constantly bestows her blessings on me. But I must face the fact that She likes to be shared with those less fortunate. Again, please count me in.

Namaste,

Vannakkam:

We need to name the cow. Lets have a vote.

Aum Namasivaya

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté Hiwaunis,

Quote Originally Posted by Hiwaunis View Post
    I mean sure, I can sit here chant, pray, and meditate all day and night. Mother Laxmi constantly bestows her blessings on me. But I must face the fact that She likes to be shared with those less fortunate. Again, please count me in. Namaste,
    Thank you for your kindness and your offer. I will IM you with the specifics.

praṇām
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si

_

From Hiwaunis's post, it appears that many of the members here are not aware of this idea. I think Satay didn't send pm to all members to make them aware of this idea.

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Vannakkam Devotee:

So we shall keep it at the forefront. I vote we name her Shanti.

For anyone else interested, even a $10 or R100 dollar donation would be appropriate, I am sure. It might mean a bit more mathematical calculating for Yajvanji, but that's okay I bet. Then you can say you are a dairy farmer to everyone.

But no one is pushing. We do realise there are a lot of students here.

Personally, as I was raised on a mixed farm, there is karma. Even though my father was one of the kindest men around to his animals, they were still meant for slaughter. We milked cows too. Jerseys were the best because they were so tame. At the mahakumbabhishekam here, we had a Jersey in the temple.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information