Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vital Messages from Jesus

Re: Vital Messages from Jesus

Namaste Archimboldo,

Quote Originally Posted by Archimboldo View Post
    Christ did demand that people be baptized in his name. That is evident in Matthew 28:19-20, which says "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

Christ did ask that of His disciples, but this does not by any stretch of the imagination imply that He condemned anyone who does not call himself a Christian.
    Christ never made it a habit of outright condemning people of other religions. But he did say in John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." You would have to be a follower of Christ, or a Christian, in order to go "through" Christ to get to heaven. So basically Christ was saying that nobody goes to heaven unless they're Christian. And if you don't go to heaven, you go to hell. Unless you're Catholic, where there is always the possibility of going to purgatory and then heaven.

There are many Christian visionaries who have said that in their visions of Jesus or Mary, such as those in Medjugorje, they learned that God does not care what a person's sect or formal religion is.
    Do you have any information or websites about these visions? I would be interested in learning more. I have heard of Christian visions, but not about God not caring what religion a person is.

Hare Krishna

2. Re: Vital Messages from Jesus

Christ never made it a habit of outright condemning people of other religions. But he did say in John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." You would have to be a follower of Christ, or a Christian, in order to go "through" Christ to get to heaven. So basically Christ was saying that nobody goes to heaven unless they're Christian. And if you don't go to heaven, you go to hell. Unless you're Catholic, where there is always the possibility of going to purgatory and then heaven.

John 14:6 doesn't say that you have to be a Christian, only that Jesus is the door to the Father. He would lead anyone to the Father, if only that person does the Will of the Father. A Buddhist or Hindu can do the Will of the Father even if he has a conception of our Father as, say, Vishnu. See my answer to your second question below for more on this.

I do not believe Siva would not bless a Vaishnava, or that Vishnu would not bless a Saiva. But I do believe that each, as an aspect of God Eternal Spirit, has their particular work. Siva to destroy what is false so that the true may be born, Vishnu to preserve the original virilities of our primordial beginnings ... etc. Similarly, while Jesus is the door to the Father, I cannot believe that Jesus would not lead a devoted Hindu to the Father, regardless of what name he calls the Father.

Do you have any information or websites about these visions? I would be interested in learning more. I have heard of Christian visions, but not about God not caring what religion a person is.

Mirjana Dragicevic, a visionary in Medjugorje said of her experience with Mary,

The Madonna always stresses that there is but one God, and that people have enforced unnatural separation. One cannot truly believe, be a true Christian, if he does not respect other religions as well. You do not really believe in God if you make fun of other religions.

The questioner than asked, What, then, is the role of Jesus Christ, if the Moslem religion is a good religion?

Answer: We did not discuss that. She merely explained, and deplored, the lack of religious unity, "especially in the villages." She said that everybody's religion should be respected, and, of course, one's own.

See http://www.medjugorje.eu/tabloid/

Well, I know there are Christians who say that, but not all do. As with all religions, if you wish to know what their avatar taught, you have to experience the teaching by long or intense practice, not by the opinions of flawed men.
    What nonsense! There is not a single thing in the abrahamic religions that suggest "long or intense practice". That is complete misappropriation of Dharmic Sadhana into those desert cults.

Secondly, jesus was a charlatan who travelled to India between the ages of 13 and 29. Calling that joker an "avatar" is a great insult to Hindus. He simply learned the tenets of Hinduism/Buddhism in India and then pontificated on them as if it was his own idea. jesus, was most definitely a "flawed man" who plagiarized everything from India.

And christians have the audacity to claim their path is "true". What bilge!

Reading the bible or quran with Hindu viewpoint is pointless. The followers themselves don't do that and those who realized how puerile and idiotic abrahamic faiths (including judaism) are, they studied Hinduism and are trying to interpret their faiths with a Hindu perspective.

One cannot truly believe, be a true Christian, if he does not respect other religions as well.
    So that proves what Nietschze said: "The first and last christian died on the cross!"

Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post
    So that proves what Nietschze said: "The first and last christian died on the cross!"
    Exactly! Or like Mark Twain said: "There has been only one Christian. They caught and crucified him - early."

John 14:6 doesn't say that you have to be a Christian, only that Jesus is the door to the Father. He would lead anyone to the Father, if only that person does the Will of the Father. A Buddhist or Hindu can do the Will of the Father even if he has a conception of our Father as, say, Vishnu. See my answer to your second question below for more on this.

I do not believe Siva would not bless a Vaishnava, or that Vishnu would not bless a Saiva. But I do believe that each, as an aspect of God Eternal Spirit, has their particular work. Siva to destroy what is false so that the true may be born, Vishnu to preserve the original virilities of our primordial beginnings ... etc. Similarly, while Jesus is the door to the Father, I cannot believe that Jesus would not lead a devoted Hindu to the Father, regardless of what name he calls the Father.
    Namaste Archimboldo,

There are some Christians who believe that Christ can "lead" a non-Christian to the Father. However, they are very few in number. I happen to know one of them. He's an Episcopalian (one of the most open-minded Christian denominations) and he has a very liberal interpretation of John 14:6. He believes that Christ can lead non-Christians to salvation. Unfortunately, the high majority of Christians do not believe in that. They believe that if you do not accept Christ as your savior and if you do not believe that Christ died for your sins, then you are damned.

There are some Hindus who try really hard to reconcile Hinduism and Christianity. Some of them even accept Christ as an avatar of God. I almost became one of them once. But then I realized there was no point. There is a very strong argument that Christ in fact never existed. I am not sure what to think of that, but there are some people on these forums who can explain that POV to you. But at this point I really don't care. Sanatana Dharma has so much to offer and it is so rich and fulfilling. There is really no need at all to try and incorporate the teachings or ideas of some Jewish guy who may or may not have existed when there is so much already in Sanatana Dharma. Besides, all of the good and worthy teachings that Christ may have taught, are all already present in Sanatana Dharma.

Jai Sri Krishna

7. Re: Vital Messages from Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by TatTvamAsi View Post
    ... jesus was a charlatan ... jesus, was most definitely a "flawed man" who plagiarized everything from India.

Reading the bible or quran with Hindu viewpoint is pointless. The followers themselves don't do that and those who realized how puerile and idiotic abrahamic faiths (including judaism) are ...
    Wow. Bigoted much? There are great Hindus who had great respect for Jesus: Paramahansa Yogananda, Gandhi, Sri Ramakrishna. But apparently you know better than they do - and better than Jesus Himself.

I can see that this thread is nothing but a front for Anti-Christian hate. It is not a place to "discuss Christianity" as its title says, but to put it down. Glad at least that you are honest in your opinions so I don't waste more time here.

Adieu

Thread Information