Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    September 2009
    Posts
    623
    Rep Power
    0

    What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    How does one define Sanatani Sikhism and who?

  2. #2

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    Is there even such a thing? It's the first time I've heard of the term.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    December 2007
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,218
    Rep Power
    4716

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snip View Post
    How does one define Sanatani Sikhism and who?
    The Path having a mix of Sanatan Dharma's ideology with Sikhism. In fact, the Sikhism originally was a part of Sanatan Dharma .... but some fanatic religious leaders of Sikhs later on tried to show it a completely different path. However, those who continued with the old tradition were called Sanatani Sikhs.

    OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Age
    98
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    Actually Sikhi encompasses Sanatana Dharma. Sikhi is the original primal path which comes under different names at different times. Sanatana Dharma is a manifestation of the Eternal Sikhi. You are all Sikhs but you have not realised it yet. One day with Gurprasad you all will become true shish true Sikh of the Satguru.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    tadvishno paramam padam
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,168
    Rep Power
    2536

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    Quote Originally Posted by amra View Post
    Actually Sanatana Dharma encompasses Sikhi. Santana Dharma is the original primal path which comes under different names at different times. Sikhi is a manifestation of the Sanatana Dharma. You are all Sanatana Dharmis but you have not realised it yet. One day with Gurprasad you all will become true shishya true Satani of the Satguru.
    fixed your post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    December 2007
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,218
    Rep Power
    4716

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    Quote Originally Posted by amra View Post
    Actually Sikhi encompasses Sanatana Dharma. Sikhi is the original primal path which comes under different names at different times. Sanatana Dharma is a manifestation of the Eternal Sikhi. You are all Sikhs but you have not realised it yet. One day with Gurprasad you all will become true shish true Sikh of the Satguru.
    You know Amra, I smiled while reading this as I remembered my conversation with a Jain in a similar way ! When I told him that Jainism is an offshoot of Sanatan Dharma, he also said that in fact, Jainism was an eternal religion and Hindu Dharma, Buddhism and Sikhism were offshoots of Jainism !

    What I stated was what the history says. Personally, I don't find Sikhism much different from Sanatan Dharma. In fact, till I grew old & some sikhs told me that it was a different religion, I thought it was one of the sects within Hinduism. When I was in Kabul I saw that Sikhs and the Hindus shared the same temple (originally it was a Durga Temple) and participated in each other's religious functions with equal devotion.

    OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    October 2008
    Age
    98
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    The reason why you did not see the difference is because, true Sanatana Dharma is Sikhi. Durga is a Sikh of the Guru, so it would be appropriate for Sikhs to reclaim their old heritage and put it in its correct place within the Sikh panth. Actually all the Devas and Devtian wish in their hearts to be true Sikhs of the Guru. And I don;t believe your idea of History as it is offensive to me. History originated from 1, Ek Oamkaar, which is found in the beggining of the most holy Sri Sri Sri JapJi Sahib of Satguru Baba Nanak Dev Ji.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    tadvishno paramam padam
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,168
    Rep Power
    2536

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    I think you are wrong, durga devi has personally told me she actually wished she was born jewish.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    December 2007
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,218
    Rep Power
    4716

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    Quote Originally Posted by amra View Post
    The reason why you did not see the difference is because, true Sanatana Dharma is Sikhi. Durga is a Sikh of the Guru, so it would be appropriate for Sikhs to reclaim their old heritage and put it in its correct pla[PHP][/PHP]ce within the Sikh panth. Actually all the Devas and Devtian wish in their hearts to be true Sikhs of the Guru. And I don;t believe your idea of History as it is offensive to me. History originated from 1, Ek Oamkaar, which is found in the beggining of the most holy Sri Sri Sri JapJi Sahib of Satguru Baba Nanak Dev Ji.
    1 Omkar ! Jo Bole so Nihaal !!

    Jai Guru Nanak Dev ji ki !

    OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    mrityuloka
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,711
    Rep Power
    294

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    namaskar,


    Quote Originally Posted by amra View Post
    Actually Sikhi encompasses Sanatana Dharma. Sikhi is the original primal path which comes under different names at different times. Sanatana Dharma is a manifestation of the Eternal Sikhi. You are all Sikhs but you have not realised it yet. One day with Gurprasad you all will become true shish true Sikh of the Satguru.
    Obviously, history is not your best subject. Please read sikh history. Guru Nanak and all the other 9 gurus were all hindus. The first 5 'sikhs' or panj piyarya were all hindus.

    satay

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •