Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

  1. #21

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaste,
    My original point was that by birth they were hindu. You say, no?
    Who said "no". Guru nanak was born to hindu parents. At jeneu ceremony, he refused to wear it. Gur Angad was a devi-bhagat before he found Nanak. Gurus 4-10 were born to disciples of Sikh gurus, so it may be incorrect to call them hindu. I don't know much about parents of five pyaras, but those who were willing to give their life at the whim of sikh guru, must have had good sikh background. I have stated the facts.

    Now explain to me whats great deal about being born in certain religion, and not following it later.

    If there is none, why waste each other's time.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    mrityuloka
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    296

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    namaste,
    I don't think we are getting each other's point.

    Fact: Sikhism was started by Guru Gobind singh. Thus using logic anyone that claims to be 'sikh' before sikhism was actually founded is a liar and is fooling him/herself. Using the same logic, saying that gurus that were born before Guru Gobindh Singh were 'sikhs' is a lie as there was no 'sikhism' before Gobindh singh created it with the first panch piyaras.
    satay

  3. #23

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaste,
    I don't think we are getting each other's point.
    before Guru Gobindh Singh were 'sikhs' is a lie as there was no 'sikhism' before Gobindh singh created it with the first panch piyaras.
    Let me first ask your source of knowledge. Have you read guru granth sahib.

    Guru Amar Das: "Aao Sikh Satgur ke pyarion....."
    I can show multiple quote for word sikh in bani of all gurus.

    The word sikh was used by all the disciples of all the gurus. You call them liars.

    Guru Gobind Singh made Khalsa - the sikh who follows 5 Ks.

    See I get worked up reading your uneducated posts.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    March 2006
    Location
    mrityuloka
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    296

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    namaskar,

    There is no point in getting worked up.

    Learn the history of sikhism. Facts are facts. Guru Gobind started sikhism with five sikhs i.e. the panch piyaras.

    Visit Punjab and talk to a real sikh living in a pind. Some sikh while he gives you a ride on his tractor can teach you better history about sikhism than you would ever want to learn.

    Educate yourself about sikhism.

    Quote Originally Posted by darshansingh View Post
    Let me first ask your source of knowledge. Have you read guru granth sahib.

    Guru Amar Das: "Aao Sikh Satgur ke pyarion....."
    I can show multiple quote for word sikh in bani of all gurus.

    The word sikh was used by all the disciples of all the gurus. You call them liars.

    Guru Gobind Singh made Khalsa - the sikh who follows 5 Ks.

    See I get worked up reading your uneducated posts.
    satay

  5. Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    Quote Originally Posted by kamala View Post
    @DarshanSingh Gurus 4-10 were not Sikh officially, Sikhism was created by the very last Guru.
    Sikh means decent, Sikhism was never a different faith outside or against Hinduism, Sri Guru grantha sahib teachs much devotion to Hari, and Hindu dieties are mentioned everywhere. Sri Guru Gobind Singhji founded 'Khalsa', an Army to fight against Islam. Sri Gobind Sing has mentioned everything, he offered prayers to Kaali Mata.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

  6. #26

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    More on Sanatan Sikh Traditions (It is a warning, that People like Tat Khalsa Sardars will get offfended by the following link) please visit the following link.
    http://www.sarbloh.info/
    Here is an excerpt

    Modern Sikh historians trace the origins of Sikhism back to Akali Guru Nanak (1469-1539). However, Sanatan (Traditional) Sikh orders - the Udasis, Nirmalas, Seva Panthis and Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa, think otherwise. These Guru-ordained groups, drawing upon the internal evidence from the three sacred Sikh scriptures - Adi Guru Durbar, Dasam Guru Durbar and Sarbloh Guru Durbar, trace the origins of Sikhism to before the beginning of time.
    In the words of the first Sikh Guru, Akali Guru Nanak, Sikhism is that ineffable spiritual truth:
    ‘Truth before time began,
    Truth when time began,
    Is truth now, and,
    Oh Nanak, will be the truth in the future.’
    (‘Adi Guru Durbar’, Japji, Pa.1)

    Hence, Sanatan Sikhs term their Dharma (spiritual path) as ‘Sanatan’, meaning the 'most ancient'.


    That Dharma, which proceeds all things, the highest being, 'Nirankar' (Formless) God, Himself and no other. The 10 Sikh Gurus, the Sanatan traditions and Sanatan orders, all see Nirankar God and 'Sarbloh' (martial designation of God), as One and the same:
    ‘Traditions that are Sanatan are the ancient Dharma whose virtues the Vedas sing.
    That [Sanatan] Brahm [all pervasive God] highest God,
    Sarbloh
    , is known as king of all demigods.’
    (‘Sarbloh Guru Durbar’, Vol. 2. Chapter Five, Pa.549) A further, more concrete definition of 'Sanatan' is given in Sarbloh Guru Durbar thus:
    ‘...Siri Sarbloh consider as Sanatan.’
    (‘Sarbloh Guru Durbar’, Vol. 2. Chapter Five, Pa.196) Bhagat Kabir (a Muslim Indian saint whose works are found within the foremost Sikh scripture Adi Guru Durbar) speaks of how his mind, on seeing the one primordial Nirankar God, had become Sanatan:
    ‘From seeing angels of death [fearing death] now I see but Ram [Ramachandar/Nirankar God].
    My suffering has fled and comfort taken abode [in my heart].
    Those denying God [the five senses], have become noble [having acknowledged Nirankar God].
    Now I have attained complete bliss.
    I have been cooled [mind settled] when I appreciated Gobind [God].
    In the body are found innumerable troubles.
    Now, spontaneously in comfort, I am absorbed in God.
    I have recognized my true self.
    Now no ailment of the three fevers affects me.
    Now my mind has changed and become Sanatan.
    Now I appreciate [Truth] having died whilst alive [meaning being unaffected by temptations of the world].
    Says Kabir, in comfort spontaneously be absorbed in God.
    I fear no one, nor am I intimidated by anyone.’
    (‘Adi Guru Durbar’, Raag Gauri, Pa.326-327) Now, this Sanatan Sikh Dharma is not a ‘religion’ in the modern sense, but it is the ineffable truth of which Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh, the tenth Sikh Guru writes:
    ‘According to one's intellect one expresses it [the truth] in a myriad of ways.’
    (‘Dasam Guru Durbar’, Treh Charittar 104)

    Go to that link. I must thank, Shri Beliverji for providing the link in Singh Sabas Demystified post.
    Jai Shree Ram.

  7. #27

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    Quote Originally Posted by kamala View Post
    I agree param, but I am Sikh and from hearing you say he was a devotee to Kali mata I disagree. He was the guru, guru's are stronger than the deities. Like Sri Krishna, he was one guru and obviously stronger than the rest of the gods/goddesses, same with Sri Ram/Vamana/Kalki/Sikh Gurus/Buddha/Matsya/Kurma ect.
    Wrong Kamla. Krishna is Supreme in Guru Granth Sahib. He is the Greatest of the Greatest.

    ਰਾਗੁ ਗਉੜੀ ੧੧
    रागु गउड़ी ११ ॥
    Rāg ga▫oṛī 11.
    Raag Gauree 11:
    ਆਸ ਪਾਸ ਘਨ ਤੁਰਸੀ ਕਾ ਬਿਰਵਾ ਮਾਝ ਬਨਾ ਰਸਿ ਗਾਊਂ ਰੇ
    आस पास घन तुरसी का बिरवा माझ बना रसि गाऊं रे ॥
    Ās pās gẖan ṯursī kā birvā mājẖ banā ras gā▫ūʼn re.
    All around, there are thick bushes of sweet basil, and there in the midst of the forest, the Lord is singing with joy.
    ਉਆ ਕਾ ਸਰੂਪੁ ਦੇਖਿ ਮੋਹੀ ਗੁਆਰਨਿ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਛੋਡਿ ਆਉ ਜਾਹੂ ਰੇ ॥੧॥
    उआ का सरूपु देखि मोही गुआरनि मो कउ छोडि न आउ न जाहू रे ॥१॥
    U▫ā kā sarūp ḏekẖ mohī gu▫āran mo ka▫o cẖẖod na ā▫o na jāhū re. ||1||
    Beholding His wondrous beauty, the milk-maid was entranced, and said, "Please don't leave me; please don't come and go!"||1||
    ਤੋਹਿ ਚਰਨ ਮਨੁ ਲਾਗੋ ਸਾਰਿੰਗਧਰ
    तोहि चरन मनु लागो सारिंगधर ॥
    Ŧohi cẖaran man lāgo sāringḏẖar.
    My mind is attached to Your Feet, O Archer of the Universe;
    ਸੋ ਮਿਲੈ ਜੋ ਬਡਭਾਗੋ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
    सो मिलै जो बडभागो ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
    So milai jo badbẖāgo. ||1|| rahā▫o.
    he alone meets You, who is blessed by great good fortune. ||1||Pause||
    ਬਿੰਦ੍ਰਾਬਨ ਮਨ ਹਰਨ ਮਨੋਹਰ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨ ਚਰਾਵਤ ਗਾਊ ਰੇ
    बिंद्राबन मन हरन मनोहर क्रिसन चरावत गाऊ रे ॥
    Binḏrāban man haran manohar krisan cẖarāvaṯ gā▫ū re.
    In Brindaaban, where Krishna grazes his cows, he entices and fascinates my mind.
    ਜਾ ਕਾ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਤੁਹੀ ਸਾਰਿੰਗਧਰ ਮੋਹਿ ਕਬੀਰਾ ਨਾਊ ਰੇ ॥੨॥੨॥੧੫॥੬੬॥
    जा का ठाकुरु तुही सारिंगधर मोहि कबीरा नाऊ रे ॥२॥२॥१५॥६६॥
    Jā kā ṯẖākur ṯuhī sāringḏẖar mohi kabīrā nā▫ū re. ||2||2||15||66||
    You are my Lord Master, the Archer of the Universe; my name is Kabeer. ||2||2||15||66||


    Guru Angad did worship Devi before he met Guru Nanak. I am not too familiar with his writings in Guru Granth Sahib.

  8. #28

    Re: What exactly is Sanatani Sikh and who?

    As far as I know, Guru Nanak Dev Ji never intended to start a new religion . . . he was just teaching people how to be decent people. He considered himself a Hindu (or whatever word you like to use in place of 'Hindu'). In fact, I think most religious founders (apart from Muhammad and some of the newer ones) started out like that. Just teaching how to be a good person; not intending to start a huge new religion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •