Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: shivoadvaitam atma

shivoadvaitam atma

Om

Rudra, the Supreme seer is Satya, Rita, and Param Brahma Purusha. Narayana, who is consciousness, is para brahma tattwa. Open minded study of the following verses from Mahanarayana Upanishad (especially the verses shown in bold) will surely reveal this.

Mahanarayana Upanishad

dvaavi.nsho.anuvaakaH .

namo hiraNyabaahave hiraNyavarNaaya hiraNyaruupaaya hiraNyapataye.ambikaapataya umaapataye pashupataye namo namaH .. 1..

trayovi.nsho.anuvaakaH .
    R^ita{\m+} satyaM paraM brahma purushha .n kR^ishhNapi~Ngalam.h .uurdhvareta.n viruupaaksha.n vishvaruupaaya vai namo namaH .. 1..

chaturvi.nsho.anuvaakaH .
    sarvo vai rudrastasmai rudraaya namo astu . purushho vai rudraH sanmaho namo namaH .vishvaM bhuutaM bhuvana.n chitraM bahudhaa jaata.n jaayamaana.n cha yat.h . sarvo hyeshha rudrastasmai rudraaya namo astu .. 1..

trayodasho.anuvaakaH .

sahasrashiirshha.n deva.n vishvaaksha.n vishvashambhuvam.h .
    vishva.n naaraayaNa.n devamaksharaM paramaM prabhum.h .. 1..
    vishvataH parama.n nitya.n vishva.n naaraayaNa{\m+} harim.h . vishvamevedaM purushhastadvishvamupajiivati .. 2..
    pati.n vishvasyaatmeshvara{\m+} shaashvata{\m+} shivamachyutam.h .naaraayaNaM mahaaj~neya.n vishvaatmaanaM paraayaNam.h .. 3..
    naaraayaNaH paraM brahma tattva .n naaraayaNaH paraH .

End of citation

However, for advaitins all these are just concepts. No difference is seen between param brahma tattwa Narayana and param brahma Purusha ambikaapataya umaapataye pashupataye Ritam satyaM paraM brahma.viruupaaksha vishvaruupaaya Lord Shiva, who is here manifest of shivoadvaitam Self.

Param Brahma tattva can only constitute Param Brahma and Param Brahma tattva can only be present in Param Brahma Purusha.

However, please let it not be construed that what has been written above is after an image of mind and is sectarian. Far from it, since an Advaitin knows the following too well.

Svet. Upanishad

19. No one has grasped him above, or across, or in the middle. There is no image of him whose name is Great Glory.

20. His form cannot be seen, no one perceives him with the eye. Those who through heart and mind know him thus abiding in the heart, become immortal.

21. 'Thou art unborn,' with these words a few devotees come near to thee, trembling. O Rudra, let thy gracious face protect me for ever!

End of citation

The indestructible shivoadvaitam Atma is one and all
    : the Seer Rudra, the knowledge principle Narayana, the controller shula pani Shiva and Visvarupa. It is the intelligence everywhere and it is the owner of “I awareness”.

Om Namah Narayana
    Om Namah Shivayya
    Om

Re: shivoadvaitam atma

Quote Originally Posted by Atanu Banerjee View Post
    Om

Rudra, the Supreme seer is Satya, Rita, and Param Brahma Purusha. Narayana, who is consciousness, is para brahma tattwa. Open minded study of the following verses from Mahanarayana Upanishad (especially the verses shown in bold) will surely reveal this.

Mahanarayana Upanishad

dvaavi.nsho.anuvaakaH .

namo hiraNyabaahave hiraNyavarNaaya hiraNyaruupaaya hiraNyapataye.ambikaapataya umaapataye pashupataye namo namaH .. 1..

trayovi.nsho.anuvaakaH .
    R^ita{\m+} satyaM paraM brahma purushha .n kR^ishhNapi~Ngalam.h .uurdhvareta.n viruupaaksha.n vishvaruupaaya vai namo namaH .. 1..

chaturvi.nsho.anuvaakaH .
    sarvo vai rudrastasmai rudraaya namo astu . purushho vai rudraH sanmaho namo namaH .vishvaM bhuutaM bhuvana.n chitraM bahudhaa jaata.n jaayamaana.n cha yat.h . sarvo hyeshha rudrastasmai rudraaya namo astu .. 1..

trayodasho.anuvaakaH .

sahasrashiirshha.n deva.n vishvaaksha.n vishvashambhuvam.h .
    vishva.n naaraayaNa.n devamaksharaM paramaM prabhum.h .. 1..
    vishvataH parama.n nitya.n vishva.n naaraayaNa{\m+} harim.h . vishvamevedaM purushhastadvishvamupajiivati .. 2..
    pati.n vishvasyaatmeshvara{\m+} shaashvata{\m+} shivamachyutam.h .naaraayaNaM mahaaj~neya.n vishvaatmaanaM paraayaNam.h .. 3..
    naaraayaNaH paraM brahma tattva .n naaraayaNaH paraH .

End of citation

However, for advaitins all these are just concepts. No difference is seen between param brahma tattwa Narayana and param brahma Purusha ambikaapataya umaapataye pashupataye Ritam satyaM paraM brahma.viruupaaksha vishvaruupaaya Lord Shiva, who is here manifest of shivoadvaitam Self.

Param Brahma tattva can only constitute Param Brahma and Param Brahma tattva can only be present in Param Brahma Purusha.

However, please let it not be construed that what has been written above is after an image of mind and is sectarian. Far from it, since an Advaitin knows the following too well.

Svet. Upanishad

19. No one has grasped him above, or across, or in the middle. There is no image of him whose name is Great Glory.

20. His form cannot be seen, no one perceives him with the eye. Those who through heart and mind know him thus abiding in the heart, become immortal.

21. 'Thou art unborn,' with these words a few devotees come near to thee, trembling. O Rudra, let thy gracious face protect me for ever!

End of citation

The indestructible shivoadvaitam Atma is one and all : the Seer Rudra, the knowledge principle Narayana, the controller shula pani Shiva and Visvarupa. It is the intelligence everywhere and it is the owner of “I awareness”.

Om Namah Narayana
    Om Namah Shivayya
    Om
    Hello Atanu,

I think you are also an Advaitin, please teach me adviatic concepts.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by vedanta_learner View Post
    Hello Atanu,

I think you are also an Advaitin, please teach me adviatic concepts.

Thank you
    Dear Learner,

I am a learner as you are. But as my Guru says that all learned things need to be un-learned before Advaita may be known, so learning Advaita should not have any premium.

I only know that my body will not be able to say "Let me live", when life ebbs away. So, knowing who says I here is more important.

In short, know thyself (Yes, that will let one know the Advaita also).

Thank you for showing interest.

Regards.

Om Namah Shivayya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Some notes hoping that these may be of use.

In recent times, the quantum physics has shown that before the so-called creation (big-bang), the existing being (smaller than a proton unified field) must have had a pre-knowledge that he was going to host a party for future intelligent beings (us). Otherwise it would have been a party to which no one came.

So, they accept that there was a seer, who is still there as such as a participator (the consciousness). All these are very well described in Mandukya Upanishad and other upanishads. So, I suggest study of these upanishads and contemplation.

Om Namah Shivayya
    Last edited by atanu; 15 February 2007 at 09:19 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

A good link to follow up on other links

http://www.hindunet.com/forum/showfl...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Om Namah Shivayya

Dear Learner,

In short, know thyself (Yes, that will let one know the Advaita also).

Thank you for showing interest.

Regards.

Om Namah Shivayya
    Thanks Atanu,

"Know thyself" ..

is there a "knower" concept in Advaita ?

Thanks Atanu,

"Know thyself" ..

is there a "knower" concept in Advaita ?

Namaste,

Why not? Who is asking the question?

Om Namah Shivayya

Namaste,

Why not? Who is asking the question?

Om Namah Shivayya

Thanks sir,

I was asking about the "knower" in "Advaita" state..

As per my knowledge about Advaita..there is no Knower but the only Knowledge remains in Advaita or Final state.

Thanks sir,

I was asking about the "knower" in "Advaita" state..

As per my knowledge about Advaita..there is no Knower but the only Knowledge remains in Advaita or Final state.
    Namaste,

Isn't that knowledge itself the knower and the known also?

Knower is always there (albiet in different names). When the knower knows itself as separate from the known, it is called ignorant ego. In Advaita state the knower, pure knowledge, and the knowing are in ONE. Advaita itself is the knower in all states. Even now, Advaita is the knower in you. You will realise it if you search for the knower in you.

Contrary to some ideas that Advaita disregards the waking world observations, Advaita actually encompasses observations of all states.

Om Namah Shivayya
    Last edited by atanu; 13 March 2007 at 05:25 AM.

Namaste,

Isn't that knowledge itself the knower and the known also?

Knower is always there (albiet in different names). When the knower knows itself as separate from the known, it is called ignorant ego. In Advaita state the knower, pure knowledge, and the knowing are in ONE. Advaita itself is the knower in all states. Even now, Advaita is the knower in you. You will realise it if you search for the knower in you.

Contrary to some ideas that Advaita disregards the waking world observations, Advaita actually encompasses observations of all states.

Om Namah Shivayya
    Namaste,

Ok..then how the "Nirvisesha Brahman" can be explained ?

As per your post I can understand that "Knower knows himself as Pure-knowledge self is the final state to be achieved in Adviata"..am I right?

If that is the case what is the concept of "Nirvisesha" ?

Thank you

Thread Information