Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: shivoadvaitam atma

Re: shivoadvaitam atma

Quote Originally Posted by vedanta_learner View Post
    Namaste sir,

My thinking capability is not upto your level .

There are no two beings ..but one is my self experience and another is knwoledge obtained from Vedas.

My experience says "I am this body" , where as Vedas reveal that "you are not your body but you are "knowledge-self" " , so why can't I experience that real nature revealed by Vedas at present moment.
    Namaste Vedanta Learner,

The thinking capability does not belong to the form called Atanu. And your questions are clear and deep and these questions indicate a pre-knowledge, not possible, if you were really ignorant.

That there is a cognition dissonance is simply because at the moment you consider sensual experience to be the only experience-- and that too of the waking time alone. The main reason is lack of enquiry into the self. All of us simply forgot enquiring into our real nature, all the time focussing on the experienced objects rather than being focussed on the experiencer.

The self that is experiencing sensually is the same self which is gathering the wisdom of vedas, which exists in the self itself. The knowing cannot be beyond Pragnya as otherwise it will not be known at all.

Just extend your field of experience a bit and you will see that when you dream, you are not this gross body but you are then a subtle body (creating more subtle bodies in a very small space). In deep sleep, you are nobody yet you exist blissfully -- since no one is unhappy in deep sleep. On the other hand, Turiya (which is beyond sensual experience) is said to be waking deep sleep -- fully conscious yet peaceful and infinite as in deep sleep. There is no body and no objects here. Only the non-dual Atma is there.

Sensual experience is external in the sense that you observe senses but who is this you? Does this 'seer you' possess a body? How do you say that you are this solid body? Only since, there seems to be continuum in growth and decay of this fleshy body? Even if you trace back through this continuum, you will realise that you were something intangible before you acquired a spermic body in your so-called father's body. Brahma Sutras tell us that before acquiring the sperm body, you were lodged in food grains, where you descended through the medium of rains. The food grain being eaten by your father, allowed you to become a sperm within him. The sperm acquired a fleshy body inside mother's body. But what was inside that minute sperm that has become a massive body? And what was there before the sperm itself? On the other hand, moving the time to the future, when the body will be laid down, it will not be able to say "I am Vedanta Learner". So, what is not there in the beginning and at the end, is not the real you.

Hope it helps a bit.

Om Namah Shivayya
    Last edited by atanu; 18 March 2007 at 12:45 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Quote Originally Posted by Atanu Banerjee View Post
    Namaste Vedanta Learner,

The thinking capability does not belong to the form called Atanu. And your questions are clear and deep and these questions indicate a pre-knowledge, not possible, if you were really ignorant.

That there is a cognition dissonance is simply because at the moment you consider sensual experience to be the only experience-- and that too of the waking time alone. The main reason is lack of enquiry into the self. All of us simply forgot enquiring into our real nature, all the time focussing on the experienced objects rather than being focussed on the experiencer.

The self that is experiencing sensually is the same self which is gathering the wisdom of vedas, which exists in the self itself. The knowing cannot be beyond Pragnya as otherwise it will not be known at all.

Just extend your field of experience a bit and you will see that when you dream, you are not this gross body but you are then a subtle body (creating more subtle bodies in a very small space). In deep sleep, you are nobody yet you exist blissfully -- since no one is unhappy in deep sleep. On the other hand, Turiya (which is beyond sensual experience) is said to be waking deep sleep -- fully conscious yet peaceful and infinite as in deep sleep. There is no body and no objects here. Only the non-dual Atma is there.

Sensual experience is external in the sense that you observe senses but who is this you? Does this 'seer you' possess a body? How do you say that you are this solid body? Only since, there seems to be continuum in growth and decay of this fleshy body? Even if you trace back through this continuum, you will realise that you were something intangible before you acquired a spermic body in your so-called father's body. Brahma Sutras tell us that before acquiring the sperm body, you were lodged in food grains, where you descended through the medium of rains. The food grain being eaten by your father, allowed you to become a sperm within him. The sperm acquired a fleshy body inside mother's body. But what was inside that minute sperm that has become a massive body? And what was there before the sperm itself? On the other hand, moving the time to the future, when the body will be laid down, it will not be able to say "I am Vedanta Learner". So, what is not there in the beginning and at the end, is not the real you.

Hope it helps a bit.

Om Namah Shivayya
    Thank you sir.

I am trying to understand your words..give me some time ..will get back to you if I have any doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by vedanta_learner View Post
    Thank you sir.

I am trying to understand your words..give me some time ..will get back to you if I have any doubts.
    Namaste Vedanta Learner,

Somehow you have entered the portal of the highest method of Vedanta -- the Self enquiry (Atma Vichara). Best wishes to you. Keeping samadrishti and love and faith on Almighty will help.

Doubts will be cleared by the Self. There is no other doer.

Om Namah Shivayya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Thread Information