Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VaishNav Basics

Re: VaishNav Basics

Namaste smaranamji
    I shall like you to explain maya and prakriti seperately because prakriti means nature or svabhav ,as chetan it is jeevatma and as jad it is maya or else ?

Quote Originally Posted by kd gupta View Post
    Namaste smaranamji
    I shall like you to explain maya and prakriti seperately because prakriti means nature or svabhav ,as chetan it is jeevatma and as jad it is maya or else ?
    Namaste Guptaji

I see what you are saying. I have seen several sources use maya and prakriti interchangeably, and not necessarily as jad but the original mULa.

However, i would rather not open that subject in this thread, and in fact, i should not have made that last statement.

Prakriti is the doer

If jiva is tatastha shakti (sitting on the fence between material and spiritual)

that makes jiva a fractional participant in the doership OR a tiny little-one of the internal doe-eyed HlAdani RAdhikA, depending on which side of the fence she (jiva) is facing at the moment.

KRshNa says one who thinks of themselves as kartA (doer) does not really understand. So jiva must be embodied(external)-AtmA(internal).

Hence i shall keep silent.... and silence is Golden is HariNAm is Brahman' is pAraBrahman' is KRushNa.

praNAm

Jai Shri KRushNa

|| Shri KRshNArpaNamastu ||

|| Om Namo Bhagavate VAsudevAya ||

Atho Brahman jidnyAsA say the Brahma SUtra

begin jidnyAsA
    {

Who am I ?
    Beloved of Shri KRushNa Govind Hari Mukund MurAri
    Shankha Chakra GadAdhar MurliManohar ShyAmsundar

That's fine, but what is your nature ?
    Who cares ? Beloved of Shri KRushNa, that's my nature.

Silence is Brahman

Silence is Golden

Therefore, Brahman is Golden!

And that beautiful Golden Adi Purush is param AtmA , G O V I N D

But Silence is HarinAm ! How ?

Constant HarinAm steers clear of jalpa / prajalpa - of which i am a culprit as well as speculations.

Oh, but HarinAm is non-different from Hari !
    KRshNa's Holy Name is non-different from KRshNa
    KRshNa's form, pastimes, dhAm are all non-different from KRshNa.
    So Golden Silence = HarinAm (Holy Names) = KRushNa

So,
    ” Every word is a song, every gait is a dance,” - BRAHMA SAMHITA 5.56

harer nama harer nama
harer namaiva kevalam

kalau nasty eva nasty eva
nasty eva gatir anyatha

In this Age of Kali there is no other means, no other means, no other means for deliverance than chanting the holy name, chanting the holy name, chanting the holy name of Lord Hari.

- BRuhad NAradIya PurAn 38.126

Some say "no other way no other way no other way"

Something Lord Chaitanya has been telling us all along.

http://www.krishna.com/24-hour-kirta...vrindavan-2009
    Please scroll down and listen to "01 Visvambhar Das"

akhanda HarinAm saNkirtan ki jay

How did you like my math ?

Hare KRushNa Hare KRushNa KrushNa KrushNa Hare Hare
    Hare RAm Hare RAm RAm RAm Hare Hare

}
    end of jidnyAsA

praNAm

Last edited by smaranam; 24 February 2011 at 06:45 AM. Reason: added source of "harer nama..." - [B]BRuhad NAradIya PurAn[/B]

Very good smaranamji
    Just an idea to think vaishnavism in this thread . Vishnu has taken all three lokas in him , so Your beloved Shyamshunder is the root cause of all developments .
    Everything including jeeva prakriti and the bondage as maya is his technology .
    A female wants her child just to make a pleasure , but if child is busy with the toy playing , he is away form the mother , the brahman .
    Dhyaanenaatmani pashyanti kechidaatmaanamaatmanaa;
    Because
    Daivee hyeshaa gunamayee mama maayaa duratyayaa;
    and
    Aham kritsnasya jagatah prabhavah pralayastathaa.
    Thank you vey much for your decent thought .

PraNAm GuptaJi

Thank You always for all those thoughts, ideas, shloks and margadarshan.

The child that is engrossed in video games, toys, soda and junk food (given out of mAyA for the child), forgets KRshNa, the source and provider.
    So True.

Jai Shri KRshNa
    Last edited by smaranam; 25 February 2011 at 10:34 AM.

Innocent Play and Shuddha Bhakti

Whereas another may see a child engrossed in purposeless play
    as a reflection of a future engrossed in ahaituki bhakti.
    Thus, the devotional mother may ask,
    "How to guide child in such direction?"
    Surely not by promoting Krishna as source and provider,
    for that could intimate a devotion seeking some resource
    or provision?

Re: Innocent Play and Shuddha Bhakti

Quote Originally Posted by sarangi dasi View Post
    Whereas another may see a child engrossed in purposeless play
    as a reflection of a future engrossed in ahaituki bhakti.
    Thus, the devotional mother may ask,
    "How to guide child in such direction?"
    Surely not by promoting Krishna as source and provider,
    for that could intimate a devotion seeking some resource
    or provision?
    Namaste SarangiJi, Welcome to HDF.

KRushNa is the mother here, in GuptaJi's analogy. The fact that KRushNa is the source and provider is only a stated fact, to show that all our comforts are His mAyA. Of course, jivas are introduced to KRushNa as Svayam BhagavAn thru' His qualities, pastimes and Words. To do so, they have to note that He is also the source and provider. Pure devotion comes when the jiva is ready.

Taken literally, yes , children of Sanatan Dharma do grow up learning stories of KRushNa and some develop true spiritual love for Him (which could be a result of previous lives). They are introduced to His qualities and pastimes which appeal. Only a passing ref. is made that He is God.

If i understand your point, you are suggesting that His MAdhurya (sweetness) triggers love whereas introduction to His Aishwarya (infinitude, opulence, power and the fact that He is God), can dampen the spontenity of that love. I partly agree and disagree. The Bhagavad Gita, a picture/painting, a Gokul-Leela movie, a Mahabharat movie or a combination of these can be equally responsible for awakening that dormant Love.

There are all kinds of jivas at different points in their spiritual journey. Some may require intellectual understanding of KRushNa first, others may not. Moreover, even if all it takes is a picture of Radha-KrushNa, that may imply that the jiva has digested the Bhagvad Gita in this or a previous life, as divine love is far from worldly love (which is referred to as a perverted reflection of divine/spiritual love - the upside down tree of the Gita).

In my opinion, one is initially attracted to Him by His qualities, Words, pastimes, gestures, beauty and L O V E (coming from KRushNa Himself).

However, age-old tradition of AchAryas tells us it can be a conscious process (sAdhanA bhakti) to gradually awaken the love for/of KRushNa, starting with nishthhA and shraddhA to the final goal of prem (which is every jiva's constitutional, original, natural position). This process (that begins with hearing - shravaNam) includes the promotion of the fact that KRushNa is the source and provider - KRushNas tu BhagvAn svayam.

Jai Shri KRushNa
    praNAm

Last edited by smaranam; 04 March 2011 at 03:16 PM.

I agree with smaranam that there is a "conscious process (sādhana-bhakti) to gradually awaken the love for Kṛṣṇa" for those who aren't yet on the platform of spontaneous attraction.
    Now here is the definition of vaidhī-bhakti: Where the actions of bhakti arise, not from the attainment of rāga but by the teachings of the scriptures, it is called vaidhī-bhakti.” [Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu 1.2.6]
    In Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu, Srīla Rūpa Gosvāmī has given a large list of the most important aṅgas of bhakti which could be considered Vaiṣṇava basics. Practicing of these will lead one to higher platforms of spiritual life.
    The results of vaidhī-bhakti are stated [in Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam 11.27.49]:
    By worshiping Me through the various methods prescribed in the Vedas and Tantras, one will gain from Me his desired perfection in both this life and the next.” [Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu 1.2.12]

Namaste MukteshwarJi

Hare KRshNa, Welcome to HDF

Thanks for the links to Bhakti RasAmrut Sindhu, most important VaishNav basics.
    A very simplified form of the various angas of bhakti, can be found in post 2 on this thread. It is under the titles "Activities and Attitudes Favorable and Unfavorable for Bhakti"

Haribol
    praNAm

P.S. I also like the VishnuSahasranama page and video - http://www.vishnusahasranama.org (Esoteric Teachings) by Gaurahari Dadanudas Babaji.

Hare Kṛṣṇa smaranam,

Thank you for your warm welcome. I am glad you found the links useful. The aṅgas are so important in the beginning of spiritual life. I am glad you liked Śrī Viṣṇusahasranāma; it really does grant many wonderful benefits. I look forward to associating more with you on these forums.

Haribol,

Mukuteśvara dāsa

Thread Information