Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What type of Hinduism would this be considered?

Re: What type of Hinduism would this be considered?

Quote Originally Posted by satay View Post
    namaskar,

Gandhi (with all due respect to him) was a political leader. If I were you, I would look to a spiritual leader instead to learn about hinduism.

My 2 cents.

Then Krishna (though at much higher level) should be similar. The purpose of Hinduism philosophy is to bring down the knowledge to the working level. Otherwise it is useless.

Gandhi is an embodiment of that. Same was propagated by Krishna.

Politics is an activity which is a need of certain section of people and even within that the spiritual knowledge should reflect.

It is easier to preach but difficult to practice. Gandhiji has shown us the way to combine even in that proffession.

After 1000 yrs he was be celebrated as an Avatar !!!

Love and best wishes

namaskar,

Quote Originally Posted by kallol View Post
    Then Krishna (though at much higher level) should be similar.
    Definitely. I consider Lord Krishna to be the greatest of politicians!

After 1000 yrs he was be celebrated as an Avatar !!!
    I don't understand the above sentence. Are you saying that after 1000 years people will be considering gandhi as an avatar of vishnu??
    satay

Some opine that ganghi was a fraud and all his ideals of swadeshi and etc., were stolen from other leaders. Please note that i have no intention to hurt the image of some person. And also gandhi didn't utter 'hey ram' when he died, according to one report.
    Sarva DharmAAn Parityajya

namaskar,

I don't understand the above sentence. Are you saying that after 1000 years people will be considering gandhi as an avatar of vishnu??
    Avatar - need not be of Vishnu !!!!

If you see from very high level (that is what is taught in Hinduism - to see the system, to understand the totality) then the micro parameters are overlaid.

1. A huge movement of crores of people in a direction of dharma - led by Gandhi against a cult which was engulfing the world with exploitation and denigration of the dharma

2. A man who is also supported by greats to enable and create placeholder for his cause like the great name of our freedom struggle, society struggle, etc. Avatars do not come alone.

3. A man so detached from worldly luxuries but yet was in the sansar

4. A man who changed the way we can do politics and also lead a dharmic life.

An Avatar is a man who comes with the capability to create this force of change - from adharma to dharma.

It may not be all by himself but by a movement (like Krishna through Pandavas or Rama through Sugriva & Hanuman).

The micro details like "Hey Ram" or others get insignificant in the process.

The capability to understand and appreciate the greatness beyond the point of micro details is what we learn from vedanta.

Love and best wishes

5. Cool Re: What type of Hinduism would this be considered?

Quote Originally Posted by kallol View Post
    Then Krishna (though at much higher level) should be similar. The purpose of Hinduism philosophy is to bring down the knowledge to the working level. Otherwise it is useless.

Gandhi is an embodiment of that. Same was propagated by Krishna.
    Wrong! Krishan was the Avtar for Dharma and not for Politics, His Birth was for Dharm, and life was for Dharm. What Gandhi even Rajah Ram Mohun Roy, Maharshi Dayanand, Swami Vivekanand, Bal Gangadhar Tilak, Gopal Krishan Gokhle and no matter who - cannot be compared with Sri Krishan
    namaskar,

I do not agree

Krishan was everything, the perfect Avtar with 16 Chandrakla
    if you respect Gandhi too much its your choice, but there is no point to compare him with Krishan or any great.

Even Yudhishthir was more truthful than Gandhi, but there is no point to compare Gandhi with Yudhishthir.

let's establish some facts about gandhi:
    Gandhi as a politician/freedom fighter-
    1) It is true that sometimes people apply some rule which they love,like ahimsa here, everywhere, even in war fields. Not stopping there, they try to force it on others. Like how gandhi asked the people not to support subhash chandra bose.
    2) There are so many instances which raise questions about this man's integrity. Vallabhai Patel was unanimously selected by all to become the first prime minister of independant india against jawaharlal nehru, who got only a single vote(his own). But gandhi insisted nehru be the first prime minister.
    3) After independance, foolish instances happened.like, India lost a part of arunachal pradesh to china. Born with silver spoons, nehru was influenced with the western ways. where are the ideals like rural self employement today? what is the reason of this strange friendship between gandhi and nehru?
    4) Inspite of whatever people say, no one can boldly say that gandhi was the hero of indian independance. If anyone of you are still thinking that india is independant, please wake up from your dream. Loans, poverty,communal clashes......i don't want to discuss it in hdf. Real leaders like shastri who first raised voice for independance was killed by the so-called russian pals. But i guess people are still reading the 'advantages' of the colonial rule.

Gandhi as a hindu flag bearer-
    1) If you want to believe that gandhi was influenced from the philosophy and walked the talk just because he was half naked, then your assumption is biased.
    2) men of knowledge don't show-off their talent by mere speech and look. They prove it by their deeds. What is one such thing done by m.k.gandhi?
    3) did india get independance because of gandhi? did he renounce anything other than clothes? can anyone say gandhi was a god realised soul?
    Sarva DharmAAn Parityajya

It requires history to understand a man's worth. Gandhi is still not history.

100 years is a lifetime for us but a point in the history. The micro details get covered by the greater deeds as it goes to 1000 years and 5000 years.

We will not be in this body when he becomes history.

If you analyse all whom you consider avatar in minutest details you will never find any avatar (by your definition) in them. The need is to understand what Avatar means.

I do not want to comment further on this topic. Neither I see body of Krishna as Avatar nor the body of Gandhi. It was their mind which used those bodies to rise above the mass and change the way the society worked. Avatars are change agents (remember what Krishna said).

From the point you are seeing him - I do not want to counter that. I see him from a different point.

Love and best wishes

And also gandhi didn't utter 'hey ram' when he died, according to one report

Is this one report versus how many others?
    The Vedas declared that the son rescueth the father from a hell called Put. ~ Celestials [Sec. 231 of Adi Parva - Mahabharata]

Kallol I think you raise some good points and Gandhi's Bhagavad Gita translation/commentary has been good for me.
    The Vedas declared that the son rescueth the father from a hell called Put. ~ Celestials [Sec. 231 of Adi Parva - Mahabharata]

Thread Information