Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hindu exorcism

Re: Hindu exorcism

doing meditation is one among the best way to get rid of spirits. But it is not good to categorize entire spirits under evils, some of them are friendly and would be helpful at some occasions.
    Last edited by sankar; 16 March 2011 at 09:50 PM.

Re: Hindu exorcism

Quote Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
    I dont know what you mean by Hinduism -- there are people who are exorcists, who do black magic, spells, tricks and other things. These are usually evil spirits, which are souls that have neither been liberated, nor able to reach svarga or piteloka and yet to be reborn.

Some of them are pure exorcists who do not worship any higher dieties or devas. Some of them do exocism in addition to their usual diety worship. Some of these exorcists worship Hanuman too, to protect themselves from the spirits which can sometimes hit back.

I doubt if spirit worshipper could be classified as a conventional Hindu, because such subjugation of spirits and forcing them to obey your commands is a sin. It is not proper Hinduism, and most conventional teachers have vehemently been against this practice. Gita says that those who deal with ghosts become ghosts themselves.

I have witnessed these black magic in live, and these people can perform wonderful miracles in the streets, like becoming invisible, or levitation and the like. No optical illusions these, unlike the stage magicians, because they do it in the middle of the street sorrounded by crowd on all sides. There was a famous such magician named Pitambara Iyer in Tamil Nadu, in the late 19th century, and I have seen magic shown by the followers of his school. These people are still there but I have not come across them for a long time.
    I've heard about such powers before. A person once told me witnessing events like this in a Kumba mela.

Nice information, I'll research more about it.
    Last edited by Adhvagat; 16 March 2011 at 05:48 PM.

Thread Information