Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
WRT to the statement "This is the first time in my life i heard a Hindu use that word ---", i remind that Veda teaches us of Manyu, before Bible or Koran did.

Om Namah Shivaya
The english term "god fearing" is not at all comparable or can be associated with description in the hindu shastras that are concerned with the at times dangerous wrath of devatas that are symbolised by ugra murtis like Bhairava, Rudra, Narasimha, atharvana Bhadrakali etc.

Unlike as within the monotheistic conception this wrath is not directed at the bhaktas, but at the obstacles and impediments that hinder their growth.

Thats why rudra is asked to direct his wrath against exactly these obstacles. Thats why i never heard a hindu use the term "god fearing" of "Fear of god" before, especially not in the context of fear of punishment because of a Sin such as gambling. This mindset was only to be found in Islam Judaism and Christianity, but nowaday a lot of spirituality is only a copy of concepts of Islam and Christianity. So i really don´t mind, please keep your fears.