Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Aham Brahmasmi - 4 - The Way to the Absolute

Re: Aham Brahmasmi - 4 - The Way to the Absolute

i have a silly question- if say ajna chakra opens,then is there a possibility that it'll be closed again?
    Sarva DharmAAn Parityajya

Quote Originally Posted by amith vikram View Post
    i have a silly question- if say ajna chakra opens,then is there a possibility that it'll be closed again?

Vannakkam amith: It is a rare soul indeed who can keep awareness at that level. All I can truly speak of is what I have read and heard. I have been told it is somewhat like memory. You might briefly encounter the ajna chakra, but then forget about it for years, or at least not be able to consciously with will get back there.

I am also quite sure that the terms, 'open' and 'close' regarding chakras are not accurate words in the translations. The whole idea of consciousness rising and falling is more like waves, I believe. Awareness ebbs and flows. I remember my Guru saying, "I'm not interested in how high you can go, I'm interested in how low you can go." In other words, which of the lower chakras (By this I mean the ones below the muladhara) are permanently blocked off. Then it becomes like the ability to permanently practise yamas.

The seven chakras below the muladhara (many people don't even know about them) are described here: http://veda.wikidot.com/the-chakras

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Amith,

Quote Originally Posted by amith vikram View Post
    My Param Guru ji says that the real spiritual journey starts after activation of heart chakra when the seeker can clearly hear the "OM" sound coming from every pore of the universe. After that he never goes back to lower chakra as his attachment to worldly enjoyment is lost. Ajna chakra is two stages higher than heart chakra and it is just below the highest chakra (Crown chakra). So, if Ajna chakra is "really" activated then it cannot be deactivated as sensual desires can't affect this seeker which can bring down his consciousness back to lower chakras. When the Ajna chakra is activated the seeker starts having vision of God day and night .... there is unbroken feeling of God's infinite love ... why would anyone like to ever lose that paradise again ?

OM
    "Om Namo Bhagvate Vaasudevaye"

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    My Param Guru ji says that the real spiritual journey starts after activation of heart chakra when the seeker can clearly hear the "OM" sound coming from every pore of the universe. After that he never goes back to lower chakra as his attachment to worldly enjoyment is lost.
    the evidence suggests its not possible to lose sexual desire

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    The seven chakras below the muladhara (many people don't even know about them) are described here: http://veda.wikidot.com/the-chakras

Aum Namasivaya
    It doesn't seem likely that there are chakras governing aspects of consciousness below the muladhara because that kind of psychic energy isn't felt anywhere below the muladhara.

Quote Originally Posted by rainycity View Post
    "evidence" ? Who has gathered such evidences ?

Yes, when there is anti-Hindu feeling and a person is out to prove something with vested interests then he can fabricate any number of such seemingly impossible "evidences".

If a person has fallen prey to sexual desires after activation of heart chakra or beyond then imho, he never experienced activation of Heart chakra and beyond in reality and he was telling lies ... but if he was not lying then the "evidences of his falling prey to sensual desires" must be false.

OM

Exclamation Re: Aham Brahmasmi - 4 - The Way to the Absolute

Quote Originally Posted by devotee View Post
    The Way to the Absolute (Beyond Births and Deaths)

Karma – Any Respite ? :

How to attain the Absolute … the state which is beyond all births and deaths - where there is absolute freedom ? Can good karmas lead us there to ?

Most of the people think that our good karmas can lead us to liberation from the cycles of deaths and births. It is only partially true. Our good Karmas can create favourable conditions for leading us towards liberation … but they are not alone the way to liberation. Why ? Good Karmas or bad Karmas create new possibilities for further continuance of life (of the Jiva) in a particular way whether in this birth or in the next birth. These karmas have good, bad or mixed outcomes depending upon the type the karmas done (Ref : BG 18.12).

Bhagwad Gita tells us that if we become a Karmaphala tyaagi i.e. become unattached to the outcomes of both types of Karmas … we may get liberated. This looks pretty easy but it is actually very difficult because as long as we are encased within this body-mind cage … there are always some desires …. these desires, however, subtle, create conditions for good or bad karmas and due to those desires we are attached to those karmas. Once the karma cycles takes it course … there is no control on the outcomes and further karmas unless one is very- very diligent.

Once the Jnana is attained, all karmas of the seeker are roasted and they don’t create any further binding karmas. This Jnana can be obtained by grace of God by intense bhakti, karma yoga or Jnana yoga paths.

The Path of Raaj Yoga :

Most of the Advaitic schools following Jnana Yoga path rely on Raaj Yoga to roast all karmas in this birth itself and not leave anything on chance. I am not going to talk the entire process of Raaj Yoga here which can be learnt better only under a qualified Guru & it is not permitted to take up this path casually. Here, I am going to give some idea of this path for the interested seekers.

The philosophy and result of spiritual research by ancient Yogis :

It was revealed to our great seers that “Consciousness is Brahman” … Prajnaanam Brahman. This consciousness is whatever is. There is nothing in this manifested world which is not this Consciousness. If that is true then the same consciousness must be within us too. So, the gateway to the Infinite Consciousness which is the material and efficient cause of this phenomenal world which we know as “God” must be within us.

The intensive spiritual research revealed to the seers/yogis that the Individual Consciousness is separated by restlessness (vibration of the consciousness) produced by our own desires …. The degree of this restlessness varies from person to person and is reflected in restless thoughts going through the mind of an individual ….. so, we must do something to get rid of this restlessness and focus our mind to one thought. It was also revealed to the Yogis that there are 7 Chakras in our spinal chord, between our eyebrows and the brain which are the centers of our Consciousness. These locations are :

a) Moolaadhaar Chakra (Base Chakra):
    Its literal meaning is Root or base chakra (wheel). The centre is the last bone in the spinal chord. Key issues involve sexuality, lust and obsession. Physically, Muladhara governs sexuality, mentally it governs stability, emotionally it governs sensuality, and spiritually it governs a sense of security.

b) Svadhisthana Chakra (Sacral Chakra):
    This chakra is located opposite prostate/ovaries. The key issues involving Svadisthana are relationships, violence, addictions, basic emotional needs, and pleasure. Physically, Svadisthana governs reproduction, mentally it governs creativity, emotionally it governs joy, and spiritually it governs enthusiasm

c) Manipura Chakra (Solar Plexus Chakra):
    This chakra is located opposite navel. Manipura are issues of personal power, fear, anxiety, opinion-formation, introversion, and transition from simple or base emotions to complex. Physically, Manipura governs digestion, mentally it governs personal power, emotionally it governs expansiveness, and spiritually, all matters of growth.

d) Anahat Chakra (or Heart chakra):
    This chakra is located opposite heart. Key issues involving Anahata involve complex emotions, compassion, tenderness, unconditional love, equilibrium, rejection and well-being. Physically Anahata governs circulation, emotionally it governs unconditional love for the self and others, mentally it governs passion, and spiritually it governs devotion.

e) Visuddha Chakra (Throat Chakra) :

This chakra is located opposite our throat in the spine. It governs such issues as self-expression and communication. Physically, Vishuddha governs communication, emotionally it governs independence, mentally it governs fluent thought, and spiritually, it governs a sense of security.

f) Ajna Chakra (The Brow Chakra) :

This Chakra is also known as the third eye. It is located between our eyebrows. Ajna's key issues involve balancing the higher & lower selves and trusting inner guidance. Ajna's inner aspect relates to the access of intuition. Mentally, Ajna deals with visual consciousness. Emotionally, Ajna deals with clarity on an intuitive level.

g) Sahasrara Chakra (The Crown Chakra) :
    It is located at the crown of the head, hence the name. it involves such issues as inner wisdom and the death of the body. Sahasrara's inner aspect deals with the release of karma, physical action with meditation, mental action with universal consciousness and unity, and emotional action with "beingness".

The Common man’s consciousness is bound within the first three chakras i.e. the Moolaadhaar Chakra, Svadhisthan Chakra and the Manipura Chakra. And till his consciousness is within these three chakras … he is full of sufferings and sorrows being tossed into different births at the mercy of kala due to no control on desires and karma generated due to the natural effects of these chakras. He is a puppet in the hands of his sexual and other physical/mental desires. The real spiritual ascension of the man starts when his consciousness ascends to the heart chakra (by the grace of God or Guru or by his own spiritual efforts). Once his consciousness rises to the heart chakra, it doesn’t go down to the lower chakras … his real journey to liberation starts from here.

(shall continue in next post ...)

OM
    First of all there is no good or bad Karma for an advaithin like me, only Karma. Each seed (Kriya) bears a specific fruit after growing up and becoming a tree (Karma). Coming out of this Karma cycle is not to accept any Karma and put it all in the fire (Yagnya or Yoga) of devotion (The Desirable Karmas only must be put here, those that you people consider Good. And those considered bad Karmas, If u want to put undesirable Karmas too, make sure your Bhakti has the power to save you.)
    The Karmateeta Karma is the only way to reach the one who is Karmaateeta!!!!!!!! Just as only light gives the ability to see!

I don't believe in Yoga to be classified as Karma, Jnana and Bhaktih. All three are of the same thing, they appear three, but are altogether one and only one, "Yoga".

Still, I believe in the existance of Kundalini as per your explanation.

.........still inadequate!
    Last edited by upsydownyupsy mv ss; 23 June 2010 at 06:49 AM. Reason: inadequate parts are being filled! :P
    I don't know who I am, nor what I am.
    I don't know what I need to know.
    I don't know who you are, nor what you are.
    All I know is that you love me, Oh Sarvathma.
    Lead me on the righteous path, so that I may reach you.

Vannakkam rainycity:

Celibacy is and has been an integral part of yoga for eons within Hinduism. In my opinion, in the west, because people lack the self control, they invent the idea that there is no such thing just to excuse their own continued sexual behaviour.

It is the same energy, the sexual energy, when transmuted, that drives the kundalini upward. So the evidence collected by western psychologists still listening to Freud might support your idea, but that ignores the mindset of the east, which isn't quite so Freudian.

Did you bother to go to the link I posted on lower chakras? Traditionally, it is said Lord Pillaiyar himself sits on the muladhara, where dharma begins. So just where is the consciousness of people not aware of any dharma?

Aum Namasivaya

It doesn't seem likely that there are chakras governing aspects of consciousness below the muladhara because that kind of psychic energy isn't felt anywhere below the muladhara.
    This is because it is the realm of darkness in the lower chakras & therefore are not described as the centres of consciousness but in reality, they are of lower centres of consciousness even lower than consciousness of a normal human being. The whole cosmos is represnted in this body. At the macrocosm level, the whole universe is divided into 14 Bhuvanas or lokas or realms and they are reflected within this body as centres of cosnciousness. These are :

i) Bhuloka ---> or this world where we are ---> Moolaadhaar Chakra
    ii) Bhuvarloka ---> Subtle world higher than Bhuloka ---> Swadhisthaan Chakra
    iii) Swarloka ---> Higher than Bhuvarloka ---> Manipur Chakra
    iv) Maharloka ---> Higher than Swarloka ---> Anahat Chakra or Heart Chakra
    v) Janaloka ---> Higher than Maharloka ---> Vishuddha Chakra
    vi) Tapoloka ---> Higher than Janaloka ---> Ajna Chakra
    vii) Satyaloka ---> The highest heaven ---> Sahasrar or Crown Chakra

These Swargas (heavens) are in spine. The lowest is the Bhuloka where we normally start as human being. With spiritual efforts we slowly move towards higher chakras. Within the Mooladhaar, Swadhishthan & Manipur chakras, the consciousness is clouded with cravings or lust and greed. When the consciousness travels to heart & the mind dwells there then man experiences his first experience of his spiritual awakening. He sees amazing spiritual light everywhere and hears "OM" sound.

When mind reaches the fifth centre i.e. the Vishuddha chakra located opposite throat then he starts enjoying the freedom from ignorance and delusion. Afte reaching here he enjoys only hearing and tralking of God and nothing else.

When mind reaches the sixth or the Ajna Chakra, he has "direct" (more real than "real", seen without eyes) vision of God day and night.

When mind reaches seventh Chakra he attains Oneness with God ... Samadhi is attained & he becomes knower of Brahman and non-different from Brahman Itself.

The lokas of darkness & sufferings are called Patalas. There are seven Patalas & these are their places and subjects :

viii) atala ---> hips ---> fear and lust
    ix) vitala ---> thighs ---> raging anger
    x) sutala ----> knees ----> retaliatory jealousy
    xi) talatala ---> calves ----> prolonged confusion
    xii) rasatala ---> ankles ----> selfishness
    xiii) mahatala ---> feet----> absence of conscience
    xiv) patala ----> soles of feet ----> malice and murder

It would be very unfortunate for a human being to allow his consciousness going below Moolaadhaar. We have to go upwards to the heavens & not to the lower worlds.

OM
    Last edited by devotee; 23 June 2010 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Added more info

I have been through periods of celibacy in my life and I will assure you. Pure celibacy without desire exists...just as a place beyond thinking about food when fasting. The body simply shuts it off.

Anyone that has made it several years in the state of pure celibacy will tell you that the desire completely dies. But, you can not touch yourself...at all. That will continue the situation. It's all or nothing. You have to avoid triggering that in any way.

I have several years of college psychology and I can tell you now. Freud, Skinner...they all had some serious issues.

My son goes off to school to become a doctor of psychiatry this Fall...and one thing I have begged of him is to help the modern era of this ridiculous idolatry of Freud and his obvious tendency to assume all of us must be as sick as he(honestly his mother must have propped a bottle in his mouth and put him in front of the tv)....and B.F. Skinner who abused his own children for the sake of his sick science.

I was horrified that most of our modern studies revolved around such men.

Our vessel is an animal, no doubt. But our soul is not...it's completely operating this decaying structure of flesh.

We are in control?

I answer this mostly yes....as I have triggers...most do.

But, I can promise you...there is a place past desire if you have the strength. You have to make sure to be dilligent stay out of the places that could trigger relapse until you get there. Once there, as with food....you simply lose the desire.

Thread Information