Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Allah - The moon god

Re: Allah - The moon god

Quote Originally Posted by jaggin
    I did find much philosophy in Hinduism which means that it came from men not neccessarily inspired by God. One can possibly benefit from it as one could benefit from studying Aristotle or Plato but Philosophy can have incorrect concepts as often as it has correct concepts.
    When I first read the bible, I almost fell asleep reading genesis due to its illogical nonsensical content. To me personally and to the hindus I know, bible is a piece of junk completely fabricated by men who had been sitting in the sun too long perhaps.

To a hindu like me, the whole christian concept of GOD seems like a childish concept without any logic and relevance to man. Aside from "obey me or I will throw you in the hell fire pit for eternity" there is nothing that your concept of GOD has to offer. If that's the 'true' GOD then I reject him as an illogical, nonsensical fool that he is as I have seen most men with more intelligence than he seems to have.

As you tout 'no idol' most christians that i know wear the cross around their necks, essentially a picture of a dead man albeit their guru! Your 'church' itself is an idol if you feel anykind of spirituality going there then it is a idol. If you don't agree with me on this, I challenge you to spit on or kick the altar next time you visit the church. If something inside you doesn't allow you to do it then in your mind that altar is an 'idol' already.

To most hindus, chrisitianity is a religion of "peasants" suited for the limited capacity people since they can not grasp the higher concepts of GOD's nature revealed first in the East. This is evident by the only true guru the west had in the past who you guys yourselves hung on the cross, tortured and murdered due to the "peasant" limited capacity you guys have. Obviously the peasants around this guru didn't understand his true message and started fabricating illogical nonsense known today as the bible.
    Last edited by satay; 10 November 2006 at 12:35 PM.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by satay
    When I first read the bible, I almost fell asleep reading genesis due to its illogical nonsensical content. To me personally and to the hindus I know, bible is a piece of junk completely fabricated by men who had been sitting in the sun too long perhaps.

To a hindu like me, the whole christian concept of GOD seems like a childish concept without any logic and relevance to man. Aside from "obey me or I will throw you in the hell fire pit for eternity" there is nothing that your concept of GOD has to offer. If that's the 'true' GOD then I reject him as an illogical, nonsensical fool that he is as I have seen most men with more intelligence than he seems to have.

As you tout 'no idol' most christians that i know wear the cross around their necks, essentially a picture of a dead man albeit their guru! Your 'church' itself is an idol if you feel anykind of spirituality going there then it is a idol. If you don't agree with me on this, I challenge you to spit on or kick the altar next time you visit the church. If something inside you doesn't allow you to do it then in your mind that altar is an 'idol' already.

To most hindus, chrisitianity is a religion of "peasants" suited for the limited capacity people since they can not grasp the higher concepts of GOD's nature revealed first in the East. This is evident by the only true guru the west had in the past who you guys yourselves hung on the cross, tortured and murdered due to the "peasant" limited capacity you guys have. Obviously the peasants around this guru didn't understand his true message and started fabricating illogical nonsense known today as the bible.
    I can identify with that but not Genesis which has some good stories. I got bogged down in Leviticus with all its religious rigamarole.

I never approach historical documents with the idea that it has to make sense to me today. Life often is stranger than fiction. The people who laughed at Louis Pasteur for saying that illness was caused by microbes that they couldn't see, because it sounded like nonsense to them, were speaking out of ignorance.

That would be the last thing that I would say about anyone's scripture. God has said that He inspired all of the Bible. You can listen to what God says or not listen at your own peril. I listen to the testimony of the scripture itself. When the authors say that they went and meditated and wrote down their meditations, they are not claiming that their message was divinely transmitted.

Anyone who thinks it is a good idea not to obey the commands of the most powerful being in the universe is asking for trouble. If a policeman ordered you to get out of the middle of the street you would be wise to obey him else you might find yourself in jail. So then who is the fool? And God can decide the day of your death which might come a lot sooner if you continuously rail against Him.

It would be interesting to hear what you think that is. You claim to be first and the Muslims last as though order implies importance. God reveals himself as He wishes but I would agree that He does not reveal pearls of wisdom to base and foolish people. However exalting your own great concept of yourself is pride and God hates it. So the saying is that pride precedes a fall.

I love the word obvious because it is used by people who can't prove what they say. The reality is that they did not have to understand or even remember because the spirit of God was given to them allowing them to write an accurate account. For a more scholarly approach to Christianity you have to look to the apostle Paul who studied under one of the greatest Jewish rabbis ever, Gamaliel.

Quote Originally Posted by satay
    namaste,
    What do you mean by 'Reading the vedas'? I ask because 'reading the vedas' are not reading like a story book or even your bible for that matter. A proper study of the vedas involves a direct instruction from a quialified guru and several years of commitment.

Merely 'reading a translation' of the vedas is going to leave you with the questions you have and the type of comments you are making here and on other threads.

How many years did you study the vedas and who is your guru?
    For years Christianity was saddled with the concept that only preists could understand scripture. The problem is that with all their years of study they were often wrong.
    I also get that kind of nonsense from Muslims, who having found that their arguments don't hold water hide behind the concept that the Qu'ran is written in Arabic. Since the vedas were written in Sanskrit which is so old a language that hardly anyone knows its meaning for sure, you might have something to argue about such as conflicting translations but I doubt that I would need to get to that depth of understanding.

Jehovah is my guru and there is none better since He knows all things.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga
    The Vedas are in Sanskrit, so you will not find the English words “god” or “good” anywhere!

शिव = shiva

As an adjective, shiva means “good”; and as a noun, shiva means “the Good” or simply “God”.

The very name of Shiva is sufficient reference in itself!

oM namaH shivAya
    Thank you. That is a very informative answer. That would be like if Jesus never called himself savior because his name means savior. However the angel Gabriel explained to Mary that Jesus should be his name because He will save the world.

namaste,
    Though you quoted my post, you avoided addressing any the points I raised.

I never approach historical documents with the idea that it has to make sense to me today.
    What do you mean historical document? You don't really believe in the nonsense that bible is a 'historic document' do you?

If you really believe that then please present 'historic evidence'.

The rest of your comments were irrelevant so I am commenting.

That would be the last thing that I would say about anyone's scripture. God has said that He inspired all of the Bible.

All scriptures claim that they are inspired by GOD. Bible authors are no different in making that claim.

By the way, "all" my posts are 'inspired by GOD'.

You can listen to what God says or not listen at your own peril.
    I listen to the testimony of the scripture itself. When the authors say that they went and meditated and wrote down their meditations, they are not claiming that their message was divinely transmitted.
    which authors are you taking about? bible authors? Yes, I already know that they were sitting in the sun too long.

Anyone who thinks it is a good idea not to obey the commands of the most powerful being in the universe is asking for trouble.

This is all rubbish. you haven't seen this most powerful being yourself yet. When you do, then we will talk.

If a policeman ordered you to get out of the middle of the street you would be wise to obey him else you might find yourself in jail. So then who is the fool? And God can decide the day of your death which might come a lot sooner if you continuously rail against Him.
    Oh boy, This is the most idiotic thing I have ever read. First, since 'men' are in fallen state whatever a policman does is not 'good' and can not be compared to what GOD would do. Secondly, the scare of 'death' doesn't work with hindus. We don't believe in the nonsense that GOD created us to live only once and then he will throw us in the fire pit for eternity if we didn't listen to your missionary nonsense.

Nice try though...

It would be interesting to hear what you think that is. You claim to be first and the Muslims last as though order implies importance. God reveals himself as He wishes but I would agree that He does not reveal pearls of wisdom to base and foolish people. However exalting your own great concept of yourself is pride and God hates it. So the saying is that pride precedes a fall.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. GOD doesn't 'hate' anything!!! GOD is pure love my friend.

You sound like a scientologist saleman...

I love the word obvious because it is used by people who can't prove what they say. The reality is that they did not have to understand or even remember because the spirit of God was given to them allowing them to write an accurate account. For a more scholarly approach to Christianity you have to look to the apostle Paul who studied under one of the greatest Jewish rabbis ever, Gamaliel.
    You write more rubbish here again...On the one hand in another post you don't think that you need to study hinduism deeply and on the other hand you tell me study christianity with a scholary approach.

I am saying to you that there is no schorlary approach needed since christianity doesn't answer even the most simple, logical questions of man. All it says is bible is true because it is written in the bible! that kind of logic only works with "peasants".

If you think you are a christian scholar and have studied Paul with a scholary approach, let's see your rebuttal (scholary mind you) of this article http://www.comparative-religion.com/...ne_conspiracy/
    Last edited by satay; 11 November 2006 at 09:31 PM.
    satay

Quote Originally Posted by jaggin
    For years Christianity was saddled with the concept that only preists could understand scripture. The problem is that with all their years of study they were often wrong.
    I also get that kind of nonsense from Muslims, who having found that their arguments don't hold water hide behind the concept that the Qu'ran is written in Arabic. Since the vedas were written in Sanskrit which is so old a language that hardly anyone knows its meaning for sure, you might have something to argue about such as conflicting translations but I doubt that I would need to get to that depth of understanding.
    Obviously, you didn't understand what I asked you. When I said have you studied the vedas, for how many years and who is your guru, I meant just that. Please read my questions again.

No where, I mention 'preists' or anything like that.

In fact, preists have nothing to do with the study of the vedas. I know christians don't have any respect for their preists and even their own guru. That much is obvious because you guys murdered your only one guru by yourselves!!

Jehovah is my guru and there is none better since He knows all things.
    [/quote]

my apologies for earlier comment...
    Last edited by satay; 12 November 2006 at 10:25 AM.
    satay

Post Re: Allah - The moon god

Namaste Jaggin,

PAGAN is a much-abused word. The Latin PAGANUS meant only ‘Villager’ or ‘Rustic’, and in Christian Church Latin it came to mean ‘Civilian’ (i.e. not a member of the divine ‘Army’ of Christ).

In Christian parlance, a Pagan is a non-Christian ~ which you equate with devotion to “some other god in preference to the one true God.”

All truly monistic religions understand that there is ultimately only one eternal God ~ the Godhead, the God of all gods, or “the one true God”.

If one truly believes that there is ONLY ONE GOD, how can ANY devotion to God be considered as being directed to “some other god” without first abandoning one’s own monotheism and adopting the same divided perspective of the polytheists who are being condemned as “pagans” ?

Exclamation Re: Allah - The moon god

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggin

I did find much philosophy in Hinduism which means that it came from men not necessarily inspired by God.
    Philosophy is “love of wisdom” ~ i.e. “love of true knowledge” or simply “seeking the Truth” ~ and is that not the same aim of all true Religion?

God is the ultimate Truth, and Sanatana Dharma is the perfect God-inspired Philosophy!

Exclamation Re: Jehovah - the air god

Genesis is certainly not without logic or sense, and any learned Hindu should have no trouble understanding (and indeed appreciating) most of the Bible ~ perhaps not the modern “Good News” translation, but the King James version is an excellent text. The Latin Vulgate text, and (especially) the Greek NT and the original Aramaic texts, and (perhaps best of all) the Hebrew Tanakh, are surely inspired sacred scriptures that are very similar (at times almost identical) to various well know Hindu texts.

post deleted by Bhakti Yoga Seeker
    Last edited by Bhakti Yoga Seeker; 20 November 2006 at 07:04 PM.

Thread Information