Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting

Interesting

I just realized the funny contradictions between the language of quran and sanskrit.

the quran dictates that the descendents of Abraham are the prophets of islam.

Abraham is supposed to be the first man to discover monotheism.

Abraham exactly means not God/no God/unholy in Sanskrit

Brahm means God also in a monotheistic sense.

muhammad is the most important man in islam. who is revered by muslims to have brought humanity from ignorance into enlightenment. the last man to fulfill spiritual enlightenment. and they consider him to be a perfect human and refer to him as the most beloved.

mahamada means "he who is of great delusion" in Sanskrit

we see in Bhaja Govindam of Shri Adi Shankaracharya, muahamate means a fool.

muslims refer to jesus as isa. they say that xtianity is corrupted because jesus was merely a prophet who preached about allah to be worshipped not himself. later on jesus became worshipped as god. and the muslims denounce that as heretical.

in hebrew jesus is referred to as yeshua by the jews.

pretty much the same in Sanskrit. yeshua/yeshu.

Isa means God in the monotheistic sense in Sanskrit.

yet they refer to isa as a prophet and not god. islam sought to rectify isa to be not worshipped.

Re: Interesting

Namaste Kumar_Das,

Wow, that is very interesting! I have never seen anything like this before! Did you get this off a website or a book or something, or did you figure it out yourself? I'm very interested in learning more about these contradictions and seeing if they could mean something or if they are just coincidences.

Hare Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    Namaste Kumar_Das,

Wow, that is very interesting! I have never seen anything like this before! Did you get this off a website or a book or something, or did you figure it out yourself? I'm very interested in learning more about these contradictions and seeing if they could mean something or if they are just coincidences.

Hare Krishna
    Namaste Ramakrishnaji,

Really is that amazing?

I realized them myself.

I'd suppose if I mastered Arabic I could find more odd similarities (or contradictions) rather.

HDF archives has a number of discussions about the supposed Hindu origins of Islam. While it may be true that SanAtana Dharma was the only religion that was prevalent the world over in ancient times in some form or other, the derivations of gods, prophets and concepts may or may not be accurate. Check these threads:

Allah - The moon god
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=582

Advaita and Sufism
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3615

19 Angels guarding hell
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4216

Can someone be both Hindu and Sufi?
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=4787

Appreciation for all faiths
    http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3155
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Here is an interesting depiction of demon animals of the bible. They look a lot like the Hindu Gods: Shesha Naga, Varaha, Matsya, Garuda, Surabhi, Ganesha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing with us!

Speaking of Muhammad, may I ask what your opinion is regarding the Bhavishya Purana's mentioning of Muhammad? Is this an early or late piece of scripture, is it translated correctly, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Odion View Post
    That's awesome! Thanks for sharing with us!

Speaking of Muhammad, may I ask what your opinion is regarding the Bhavishya Purana's mentioning of Muhammad? Is this an early or late piece of scripture, is it translated correctly, etc?
    Hello Odion ji,

Bhavishya puran is a up-puran so it has a very low authority in sanatan dharm. Second any puran can be authoritative only if it supports vedas and vedic teachings. Third which version of bhavishya puran have you read ? Muslims as always have tried to spread a stupid fake version of bhavishya puran. The bhavishya puran available in Hindu mutths speaks that a barbarian will be born in Arab and will teach a perverted religion, his name will mahameda and eventually his followers will be finished off by lord shiva. I believe deeds of mohhammed are very much that of a lunatic as described in bhavishya puran, Marrying his daughter in law etc. However this puran might be a later work, as I dont trust up-purans or even some purans to be completely true.

In fact Muslims and zakhir nayak chamchas have put many fake verses from Veda, where supposedly the Veda talks about Allah and Islam, actually in reality there is no verse in Vedas which speaks about Islam. Even Muslims have put fake videos on youtube showing an imaginary shankara acharya who preaches Islam, my personal belief is that these all things are part and parcel of spreading the dumb religion Islam.
    Last edited by isavasya; 04 June 2010 at 07:44 AM.
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

Aha, I see thanks for explaining; so it's up-puran, I've got it now. Dhanyavad!

Quote Originally Posted by isavasya View Post
    Third which version of bhavishya puran have you read ? Muslims as always have tried to spread a stupid fake version of bhavishya puran. The bhavishya puran available in Hindu mutths speaks that a barbarian will be born in Arab and will teach a perverted religion, his name will mahameda and eventually his followers will be finished off by lord shiva.
    That's the one I've seen!

Quite a fitting description.

Another one is Shri Krishna saying "He who fixates his mind upon Me at the time of death attains Me"

is pretty the basis of matyrdom in Islam.
    Last edited by Kumar_Das; 04 June 2010 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar_Das View Post
    I just realized the funny contradictions between the language of quran and sanskrit.

the quran dictates that the descendents of Abraham are the prophets of islam.

Abraham is supposed to be the first man to discover monotheism.

Abraham exactly means not God/no God/unholy in Sanskrit

Brahm means God also in a monotheistic sense.

muhammad is the most important man in islam. who is revered by muslims to have brought humanity from ignorance into enlightenment. the last man to fulfill spiritual enlightenment. and they consider him to be a perfect human and refer to him as the most beloved.

mahamada means "he who is of great delusion" in Sanskrit

we see in Bhaja Govindam of Shri Adi Shankaracharya, muahamate means a fool.
    This kind of thing has about as much validity as Santa being equated with Satan simply because they're spelled almost the same. It doesn't work. (Besides, it should be abrahma, not abraham, no?)

I don't buy it at all, and caulk it up as linguistic coincidence.

Thread Information