Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: World Cup FIFA 2010

Re: World Cup FIFA 2010

I meant that the player was offside.

Oh, and in a final parting note regarding the World Cup: I'm a firm believer in diversity, as well as giving jobs to the physically-challenged. However, I do wonder about the employment of blind people as referees. I think FIFA should look into this practice. LOL.

Jeez. I can't believe that the ref overlooked that obvious second yellow card on Puyol. Spain should've been playing with 10 players from then on.

Quote Originally Posted by BryonMorrigan View Post
    Oh, and in a final parting note regarding the World Cup: I'm a firm believer in diversity, as well as giving jobs to the physically-challenged. However, I do wonder about the employment of blind people as referees. I think FIFA should look into this practice. LOL.

Jeez. I can't believe that the ref overlooked that obvious second yellow card on Puyol. Spain should've been playing with 10 players from then on.

Namaste namaste

You may be very correct but I have not seen this assessment from any report. Secondly, I having been a football player, know that football should be played with the ball and not bodily with the opponent. It is a fantastic representation of the life process itself. But again, as in life, some will do anything. Especially, iron booted kicks delivered to thighs and chest of opponent players by Van Bommel and De Jong, make me think that it was a game of kick boxing.

Johan Cryuff, the greatest Dutch player ever says so.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/98394564.html

And every report I have read says so. Even the Dutch coach has acknowledged that they did not play a clean game. I am not emotional and I do not have any relationship with the spanish team. I am only talking from the perspective of favouring BEAUTY against BULLYING. The way this Spanish team played there was no other way to stop them other than body tackling (instead of ball tackling). This has happened enough. In Pele's heyday, 3 players would attach to him and bring him down. After a particular match, Pele left the field crying.

Surely there might have been lapses but I never thought that the referee was blind. There was a scramble in Dutch penalty area when one after another, 3 spanish players were brought down -- Iniesta, Xavi and the third I do not remember.

I have written long because I love football. Please pardon me.

Om Namah Shivaya

Kickboxing below:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by atanu; 14 July 2010 at 08:33 AM.
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Player was not offside at all, the goal was perfectly legal, also puyol didn't deserved any second yellow card, the only mistake referee made was that just before gaol was scored, holland deserved a corner, somehow referee couldn't see that. I do say spaniards were maintaining the cool and dutch had lost it from very begining, they were very desparate. Spain deserved the victory, I think they only scored 8 goals in the tournament, but their defense line and captain goalkeeper were superb.

My favourite team was Argentina, but sadly got knocked off.
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

It's not about being the best player, it's about scorring. The goal would not have happened if the referee paid better attention and Holland would have a change with the penalty shots.

Quote Originally Posted by isavasya View Post
    Player was not offside at all, the goal was perfectly legal, also puyol didn't deserved any second yellow card, the only mistake referee made was that just before gaol was scored, holland deserved a corner, somehow referee couldn't see that. I do say spaniards were maintaining the cool and dutch had lost it from very begining, they were very desparate. Spain deserved the victory, I think they only scored 8 goals in the tournament, but their defense line and captain goalkeeper were superb.

My favourite team was Argentina, but sadly got knocked off.
    You don't think this deserved a yellow card, at least? (I personally think it was a red card in and of itself, according to the "last man" rule...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwEG1n5qqro

I also think the referees obviously missed a bunch of times where the goalie's hand touched the ball, making it a corner, but it was declared a goal kick instead. He did this twice for Spain that I caught, and then there was the time that he gave the Netherlands a corner when it wasn't deserved. Major props for the Netherlands kicking that one to the Spanish goalie.

I think Spain deserved to win, as they played better overall. I just hate for the World Cup to be besmirched by such bad reffing. There were so many obvious mistakes, that the ref could have seriously impacted the game by making these wrong calls.

Oh, and Atanu, I played football all through middle and high school. I don't know how physical the sport is played in Spain or the Netherlands, but in English soccer leagues, it's even more violent than what was going on in this last game. Personally, I think Algeria was the most violent team in the World Cup (that I saw...I didn't catch every game....).

You don't think this deserved a yellow card, at least? (I personally think it was a red card in and of itself, according to the "last man" rule...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwEG1n5qqro

I also think the referees obviously missed a bunch of times where the goalie's hand touched the ball, making it a corner, but it was declared a goal kick instead. He did this twice for Spain that I caught, and then there was the time that he gave the Netherlands a corner when it wasn't deserved. Major props for the Netherlands kicking that one to the Spanish goalie.

I think Spain deserved to win, as they played better overall. I just hate for the World Cup to be besmirched by such bad reffing. There were so many obvious mistakes, that the ref could have seriously impacted the game by making these wrong calls.

Oh, and Atanu, I played football all through middle and high school. I don't know how physical the sport is played in Spain or the Netherlands, but in English soccer leagues, it's even more violent than what was going on in this last game. Personally, I think Algeria was the most violent team in the World Cup (that I saw...I didn't catch every game....).
    Namaste

I said you may be correct from your standpoint. But no expert, no player, has said what you say. If there was one occassion that Spain should have got a red card, then there were 3 occassions for Holland, especially the kick boxing episode.

Just compare the high technical level of play that happened in Germany-Spain match.

I repeat that I am not emotional because spain is not my country. And the funniest thing is that it is Holland who taught the world about Total football. Because Algeria placyed rougher cannot be the justification. Well, I now look forward to 2014.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Pranam Atanu ji

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post

I have written long because I love football. Please pardon me.

Om Namah Shivaya

Kickboxing below:
    i am pleasantly surprised because not many i know in India are so passionate about Football, i personally love the game both as playing in my youth(i still do this youth in me don't let go) and watching it.

as to the world cup was huge disappointment to me because England just did not turn up.

As for the final i wanted the Dutch to win, unfortunately their tactic were all wrong and played such rough game, all those yellow cards and lack off red card, stopped the flow off the game. the referee had a tough job to handle.

I think England were the most unlucky in the refereeing decision, although Tavez offside decision was bad enough.

do you follow premiership football?

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

I said you may be correct from your standpoint. But no expert, no player, has said what you say. If there was one occassion that Spain should have got a red card, then there were 3 occassions for Holland, especially the kick boxing episode.
    The US commentators on the match mentioned all of the things that I mentioned. I don't remember who they were for that match.

Just compare the high technical level of play that happened in Germany-Spain match.
    Best game of the Cup, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    do you follow premiership football?
    MAN U ALL THE WAY!

Pranam BM

MAN U ALL THE WAY!
    Wow what can i say, man out of own heart, Man U since a long time.

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

Thread Information