Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Why all the Missionaries here

Re: Why all the Missionaries here

Namaste all,

More good news, this one made me really happy: Alert Hindus foil ploy of conversion by Christians on the day of Ashadhi Ekadashi

"As the alert Hindus came to know of this ploy, they alerted other Hindus and took the Christians into custody raising their voice. Hindus burnt 1000 – 1500 books carried by them and handed over the Christians to police. Police later released them after giving a warning."

This is the way things should be done. No violence and you get the message across to the Christians to leave the Hindus alone. I just wish they weren't released so quickly after just a "warning". They should be locked up longer or deported. Of course, such laws need to be passed.

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

Yeah, I think EM also posted this somewhere. It's good that the Hindus here were assertive without being violent. It's also very important that they confiscated and burned the Christian materials; these are 1500 conversion pamphlets that will never fall into the hands of a Hindu.

Too bad the West is putting its entire financial strength behind missionary work, but that's another problem.

Vannakkam: Here is a link to a nice non-religious charity from the US and Canada, but also elsewhere. I enjoyed reading the letters from the people who worked around Madurai, of course. if I was younger, I'd volunteer some time. I think it could easily be done in combination with a pilgrimage to India.

It would be great if more non-missionaries would go ... balance things out a bit.

http://www.projects-abroad.ca/about-us/

Aum Namasivaya

I am one of those cultural Christians to whom the O.P. refers. In all sincerity, I'm not here to discuss Christianity, which I understand fairly well. I don't post often because I come to read and learn. I pray that I have not given offense. I cannot adequately explain the power of Hinduism to draw me closer to it, but it is undeniable.
    Om Radha Krishnaya Namaha

Namaste,

An old article but very well-written article that I just found:

Missionaries are Colonialists

Jai Sri Ram
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

6. Re: Why all the Missionaries here

Those idiot Christian missionaries are using wealth to convert others. Muslims are using force to convert others but Christian missionaries are no better instead, for them everybody is a sinner who will land in entire hell and only Christians are going to heaven with the help of their counterpart father Jesus. Christian god hate all others, I found this website is something exposing http://www.evilbible.com/
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

I don't understand why christian conversion-seekers think we are stupid and know nothing about christianity. I used to be christian, but I felt it was a violent and hate-inspiring religion, and that was when I found my way on the path of Hinduism, which has brought me peace in all ways.
    Christians rarely succeed in converting Hindus. The most they can do is convince a hindu to put Jesus on their alter as well as all of the other gods. But even that is a rare thing.
    Let us worship Him, the pure-formed One, the cloud which, emitting a rain of unthinkable joy, satiates the hearts and eyes of its followers, as if millions of rain clouds had poured down, the stay of the Great Silence, called by many names, described by many religions, the embodiment of ineffable degrees of spiritual happiness.

8. Re: Why all the Missionaries here

Christian missionaries are trying their best to make worst for others and they should convert, World needs to understand Dharma.
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=Yellow] ॐ[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
    [/CENTER]

I used to be Christian too, and probably at large, my extended family assumes I still have leanings toward it. Fortunately, I don't come from a proselytizing extended family, and none of them are overtly religious, just a couple that go through the motions sort of thing, much like I used to. As I'm learning about SD, I can't call myself a "Hindu" at this juncture, though I continue to embrace it. But no Christian person will have the power to convince me of anything. They can say I'm going to hell-go for it. At my last job, the colleagues who were more obvious and more conservative of Christians as always in my experience, were the most judgmental people there toward whatever. One while a decent worker, was also a complainer and tattle tale, and just plain selfish. Because I'm professional, naturally I never said a word, but so wish I could have posed a simple question: Is that how your Jesus behaved toward others and only thinking of himself? While I can't globalize, I've known many Christians where I sure as heck don't recognize the Christ in their title. The Jesus in their Bible surely wasn't judgmental, and he associated with all people including the outcasts. Those former colleagues look at other people in contempt, so again, they follow who???

Quote Originally Posted by Daniellasaur View Post
    I don't understand why christian conversion-seekers think we are stupid and know nothing about christianity. I used to be christian, but I felt it was a violent and hate-inspiring religion, and that was when I found my way on the path of Hinduism, which has brought me peace in all ways.
    Christians rarely succeed in converting Hindus. The most they can do is convince a hindu to put Jesus on their alter as well as all of the other gods. But even that is a rare thing.
    Vannakkam Danielle: I think that is quite true in America, especially because we now have so many temples, and Hindus here tend to be fed and educated. Elsewhere, as others have said, it can be different. I believe the key elsewhere lies in education, and laws if necessary.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information