Thread: Past lives getting mixed up?

Past lives getting mixed up?

So writing some fiction and I wanted to clarify some things for myself. In the story humanity has quantified the soul as if it were nothing more than an element, and with this information gleaned some truths about the universe. They then create a device designed to spread a plague throughout the heart of god/universe in an attempt to stop the next cycle from coming and avert their destruction. Basically as everything is flowing forward they attempt to just stop one car of the train and preserve themselves.

When this happens strange things start occurring as past lives/energies start to collide with the present. Anything from supernatural manifestations to past selves manifesting in the consciousness of present selves. Add to this that Shiva in response has manifested an avatar with the intent to end the foolishness. Are their any other aspects of god whose domain might lend to them manifesting to either defend or destroy humanity? I can to some degree see vishnu maybe, possibly manifesting a protector of humanity.

As a Hindu if you read this with the clear disclaimer that it was a purely fantastical take on Hindu mythology would it sit well with you. I don't want to be disrespectful in my presentation of fictional events so I thought I would ask the experts ^_^.

Thanks for your opinions!

Re: Past lives getting mixed up?

As for your question about more aspects of God to use, maybe Hanuman for a protector, Kali for destroyer? On the question of offending Hindus, I can't speak for the whole Hindu population, but I'd be cool with it, and I'm sure a lot would. However, you can never please everyone, so don't be surprised if someone gets on you about it. Regardless, your story sounds really interesting.

Thats a cool idea for a story. Can't imagine how one would go about writing something like that - seems like an incredible amount of inspiration from God himself will be needed to bring such an idea to life.

i wouldt not be happy with kali as destroyer .

personally i think there has been lot of bad reputation in her name in the west already . a lot of misconceptions and and propaganda .

i wouldnt like to see her as a villain once again !!!!!

my poor mother
    na kAshthe vidyate devo na shilAyam kadAchana
    bhAve hi vidyate devas-tasmAd-bhAvam samAcharet

Vannakkam Seth:

If it's fiction, why include Hindu Gods at all? One of the values of fiction is you can do whatever you want. You can create an entire new plane of existence, like the Lord of the Rings. It's yours to create. If you don't like a character, you can kill him off. You can explore racism by creating an obnoxious racist. The whole ideas will flow when they are meant to. By 'borrowing', its not original. Besides, creating names is fun. In my childrens' novel, I have a Sninlinseptero, and his cousin Sninlinsnafaru. Have fun. Sure there might be Hindu themes, but your work will be more creative if you create new names, and then the non Hindus will explore it without realising its even Hindu.

Like the classic 'The Lion Witch and Wardrobe' for children subtly and sneakily teaching all those Abrahamic concepts we only recognise as adults.

Aum Namasivaya

Kali for destroyer?
    i wouldt not be happy with kali as destroyer .
    Kali being a goddess of time and change, I thought more made sense to represent her as more of a freelancer. It suites her ideals for either side to be victorious.

I also don't plan to present either side as being right or wrong. I wanted to present each sides intentions as neutral. Leave things to the reader for interpretation.

If it's fiction, why include Hindu Gods at all?
    Well I like to right about things that are important to me. I am also a big fan of alternate history and exploring themes from different perspectives. If I was writing a fantasy story I would probably use made up names, but because it is set in our world it seems more valid to be an actual religion.

Thread Information