Thread: Hello from southern Japan

Smile Hello from southern Japan

Hi all,

Am new to the forums and wanted to introduce myself.

I live in a smallish city in southern Japan, on the island of Shikoku. Through a series of intuitive coincidences/paths followed, have discovered over the past four months or so that Hindu philosophy almost perfectly matches the conclusions I've come to about the nature of reality, matter/spirit, and the universe(s) at large. This is probably due to the theoretical physics (completely for personal interest and not professionally) and Zen Buddhism that I've studied, but there are no doubt other influences at work.

Anyway, as I live in rural Japan and don't know any other Hindus, or anywhere I could go to learn (such as a temple), I'm hoping to learn a lot from all of you here.

Cheers!

Andrew

Re: Hello from southern Japan

Welcome Andrew! This forum is a great aid in learning about and discussing Sanatana Dharma, your intuition has led you to the right place!

Vannakkam Andrew:

Welcome to these forums. I took a quick look at your writing blog and will go back. I too am a wite as are a coupl eof others on here. None of us are famous yet, fortunately. At least as far as i know. I self-published 3 books some time back, and would share my experiences via PM if you wish. How long will you be teaching in Japan, or is it permanent position? This has to do with your ability to access a Hindu temple.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste Andrew, and welcome to HDF! I hope you will learn a lot about Sanatana Dharma here.

Jai Sri Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam Andrew:

Welcome to these forums. I took a quick look at your writing blog and will go back. I too am a wite as are a coupl eof others on here. None of us are famous yet, fortunately. At least as far as i know. I self-published 3 books some time back, and would share my experiences via PM if you wish. How long will you be teaching in Japan, or is it permanent position? This has to do with your ability to access a Hindu temple.

Aum Namasivaya
    Hi Eastern Mind. Would love to chat about writing, PM away! That drugstore books site is fairly new and will keep growing, so thanks for checking it out.

I've been in Japan since 2001 and have no plans to leave anytime soon. My wife is from the city we live in, and I work at a local university here. Fairly permanent, I guess...though of course one never knows.

welcome !!
    na kAshthe vidyate devo na shilAyam kadAchana
    bhAve hi vidyate devas-tasmAd-bhAvam samAcharet

Welcome to HDF!

Thread Information