Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Pancakshara Mantra

Smile Re: Omkara & Svaha

Namaste Yajvan,

svAhA means “hail!”, and svAhA is “an oblation (especially to agni)” or “oblation personified (especially as the consort of agni).

The verbal root su (or sU) means “to go, move, set in motion, urge, impel, incite, vivify, create, produce, hurl upon, grant, bestow, appoint or consecrate to, allow, authorize beget, procreate, bring forth, bear, produce, or yield”. And su means “to press out or extract (especially the juice from the soma plant), to distil or prepare (a libation)”.

su (or sU) is “good, excellent, right, virtuous, beautiful, easy, well, rightly, much, greatly, very, any, easily, willingly, or quickly”.

sva refers to “one’s own, my own, thy own, his own, her own, our own, their own, etc.” or “one’s own self, the Ego, the human soul, a kinsman, relative, relation, or friend. And svA is “one’s self, the Ego, one’s own goods, property, wealth or riches”.

ah (perfect singular Aha) means “to say, speak, express, signify, call (by name), consider, regard, acknowledge, accept, or state”.

aha implies “ascertainment, affirmation, certainty, etc.”, as “surely, certainly, namely, it is true, I grant, granted, indeed, or at least”.

aha (plural ahA) is “day”.

Aha implies “command, casting, or sending”.

The root hA (aorist singular ahAs) means “to leave, abandon, desert, quit, forsake, relinquish, discharge, emit, put away, take off, remove, lay aside, give up, renounce, resign, avoid, shun, abstain or refrain from, disregard, neglect, lose, be deprived of, get rid of, or escape from”

hA is “coition” or “killing, destroying, removing, abandoning, deserting, or avoiding”. And hA is “an exclamation expressive of pain, anger, astonishment, satisfaction, etc.”, indicating “abandonment or desertion”.

su + aha = svaha ~ “very good” or “good day”.

su + ahA = svahA ~ “good days”.

su + Aha = svAha ~ “it is rightly spoken” or “willingly accepted” (implying perfect transmission or expression).

sva + aha = svAha ~ “namely thy own self” or “itself granted”.

sva + Aha = svAha ~ “a relation is acknowledged”.

sva + ahA = svAhA ~ “thy own days” or “the days of a soul”.

svA + hA = svAhA ~ “abandoning one’s own”, “self-sacrifice”, “satisfaction of one’s own self”, or “coition of its own self” (as “this self into that self”), expressing “self-satisfaction”.

ave says “I offer” or “I am sacrificing”, while svAhA says “the offering has departed” or “the sacrifice has been done”.

Wink Re: Omkara & Svaha

And nara-nArAyaNa svAhA is a likely source for the last words of Jesus.

nara (God the Father) nArAyaNa (the Son of Man) svAhA (my own self has been forsaken).

“My God, My God, Why hast Thou forsaken me?”

Re: Pancakshara Mantra

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga View Post
    I cannot recall ANY list of major Upanishads that does not include the Mandukya. What makes you think that it might not be "classical" ?
    I just haven't checked. No objections, thanks for info

Post Re: Pancakshara Mantra

In Egyptian Hieroglyphs, the Five-Pointed Star represents a Star or Deity ~ especially the star known as Alpha Canis Majoris (the principal star of the Greater Dog) or Sirius (the Scorcher or Dog Star). The Greeks knew this asterism as Sothis.

As the brightest star, its invisible presence in the day sky along with the Sun was considered to induce the extreme heat of summer. And the Heliacal (Dawn) Rising of Sirius ~ when (after its annual period of invisibility) the Dog Star rises just before the Sun and is apparently reborn in the firmament ~ marked the start of the Egyptian calendar. This event anciently heralded the annual Inundation of the Nile, and it coincided exactly with the Summer Solstice (21 June) in 3300 BC.

The Five-Pointed Star glyph indicates the triliteral SBA (Sb’a) or SVA (Sv’a).

In Sanskrit, Sva denotes a Dog; and Sirius is known as Mrigavyādha (Antelope Hunter), whose aim is Orion (Mriga ~ the Antelope).

S is a Scepter or folded Bolt of Fabric; which, at the beginning of a word, often indicates Causation.

BA (B’a) or BVA (Bv’a) is the Soul ~ cf. Bhava (Existence) ~ so that SBA (Seb’a or Sib’a) is the Cause of the Soul, and the very cause of all Existence.

When Alexander of Macedon crossed the Sindhu, he encountered followers of Rudra (dressed in the skins of wild animals, and armed with cudgels) and he recognized them as the “Siboi”. And, SBH (Sebeh) means to Cry out ~ cf. Rudra, the Crier.

VA (V’a) is a Noose, which also indicates Fire; and VA denotes Far (in Time or Distance).

And SVA (Sev’a or Siv’a) is thus the Source of Fire (cf. Agni) or Bolt of Fire (cf. Vajra ~ Thunderbolt).

SVA means Cause to Pass (or be Far), and thus Motion or Endurance; and SVA indicates the Old One (the Enduring Body ~ cf. Jyeshtha) or the One who Moves (cf. Vāyu ~ Wind).

Sh is a Lake or Pool of Water, and ShV or ShIV (Shev, Shiv, or Shū) is the God of Air and of Sunlight, or the Sky (the Celestial Pool) ~ born from the seed of Atum (the Sun).

SV (Siv or Sū) is to be Free from anything; and the Feather glyph particularly indicates Truth (Free from Untruth) or Balance (Free from Disturbance). So that Shū refers to Unqualified Perfection.

IV means Is/Are (cf. Jiva or Being); so that Shiv is the Pool of Being, and Siv is the Cause of Existence or the One who Is.

Shū is Existence or Manifestation, and S-IV declares that I Am

IV (Iw or Yew) also means to Come or to Return ~ an ancient preoccupation of the Jews.

Post Re: Pancakshara Mantra

SV (Sew or Sev) means He or It; and the same glyph indicates a Generous Crop, and so Prosperity (cf. Śiva).

IVA (Iv’a or Yev’a) is an Ox, and SIVA may thus be understood as the Lord of Cattle (cf. Paśupati ~ the Lord of Beasts).

And the Star glyph is commonly associated with a Sitting Bull ~ cf. Nandi (the Happy One) or Dharma (that which is Firm or Established).

Quote Originally Posted by sarabhanga View Post
    Namaste Satay,

The true name of God remains unspoken.

Pancakshara is the mantra-body of Shiva; and all such fundamental mantras are, in practice, prefixed with the Pranava ~ oM.

Pancakshara is the Shaiva Pranava, but it is never spoken, so that only Sadakshara is outwardly revealed ~ oM namaH shivAya.

oM is revealed and explicit, while namaH shivAya is secreted and implicit.

oM is the Shukla Pranava, and namaH shivAya is the Krishna Pranava ~ and both are united in the perfect yoga of Sadakshara mantra.
    Dear Sarabhanga bhai,

People like you are a gem for idiots like me. I thank you for the wonderful insight given , which is not found in Shiv purana even....

But still, after all your explanations, you have NOT DECISIVELY concluded which is more powerful or beneficial (wotever it is) : Namah Shivaaya or Om Namah Shivaaya ??

plzzzzzzzz tell me... sometimes i chant 6 letters but intense meditation & calmness happens only when i chant 5 letters. Is it my weakness , misunderstanding ?? After studying Shiv Purana, the glory of 5 letters bring tears to my eyes.... & everytime i hear someone saying "Om is the greatest mantra..." , i remember only the 5 letters...

I know that Tiru Mantram says that Panchakshari is same as Pranava... but can you FINALLY WITH ONE BLOW , seal this matter for me ?? plzzzzzzzz i beg you.

Om Shakti,
    giridhar

Hello, thanks for a great deal of information shared in this thread! I've read that recognition of Lord Ganesha should always come first before proceeding to worship of Lord Siva...does that also mean that one should first do a Lord Ganesha related mantra then proceed to a Lord Siva related mantra?

Namaste handy guy

Ganesha, Shivas son, is the gatekeeper in Hindu mythology.
    http://talesfrommythology.blogspot.com/2011/05/ganeshwara.html?q=ganesha

Furtheron He is seated in Muladhara Chakra where He too is the gatekeeper who opens the door to higher chakras.
    Without Ganesha we are lost.
    https://www.himalayanacademy.com/media/books/my-friend-lord-ganesha_ei/web/ch23a.html

By the way - Bible copied this idea (of course without the mystic background) to justify the worship of Jesus.
    John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+14%3A6&version=ESV

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

Hello Indialover,

Umm, The mythology text has veiled meanings or.... giving all those human shortcomings to Devas and Mahadevas is or seems very crazy to me, and in the sense of revealed scripture do not reflect facts concerning the nature of angel or god type beings. Stirring the imagination has its place but cutting heads off and sewing new heads on is pretty wild imo...

I have no trouble with the principals and place a being taking on the form of Lord Ganesha for the sake of Hindu people. (because of and related to their ancient culture, religion and geographical place in the world) Anything else along the lines of direct correlations to other religions or cultures remains to be seen or proven by or to most people... thus the correlation you mentioned in regards to Lord Jesus is a stretch to me, and such a correlation would also not match up to the archangel Michael who is not depicted as having a fun side, female attendants, and as being an eater of sweet cakes. (although Archangel Michael is referred to as a keeper of the way, which similar in description to part of Lord Ganesha's position in creation)

So here we are...more or less in the tower of Babel with no unified straight-up understanding.

Dear Satay,

the universe is eternal, Shiva is eternal, Pancakshara is eternal … what are 8 years … ???

Why should newcomers not have the opportunity to contribute their questions and thoughts on old posts?

Pranam
    Dance with Shiva - live with Shiva - merge with Shiva

Thread Information