Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Yama 9, Mitahara, Moderate appetite

Re: Yama 9, Mitahara, Moderate appetite

One way to practice mitahara is to reduce meal frequency. The shastras speak a lot of the benefit to eat less often. Recent scientific research also confirms that eating less frequently can have a postive influence on insulin and growth hormone. A myth has been spread by nutrionists that one needs to eat small frequent meals to increase metabolism. This is pure nonsense and luckily more research is being done to discover the benefit of eating less frequently and of short periods of fasting. People who do hard physical labour for several hours a day should eat more frequently, but sedentairy people should eat less often.

Sahasranama, seems like you understand a lot of alimentation (at least way more than I do).

It would be nice if you created some posts on essential foods, what to consume, what to avoid, importance of certain stuff like milk for example.

I was avoiding milk for a while because I didn't wanna support the large manufacturers and I began to feel very bad, head pains and what not, had to come back to it.

It would also be nice if you commented on veganism, if you know anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro Impagliazzo View Post
    Sahasranama, seems like you understand a lot of alimentation (at least way more than I do).

It would be nice if you created some posts on essential foods, what to consume, what to avoid, importance of certain stuff like milk for example.

I was avoiding milk for a while because I didn't wanna support the large manufacturers and I began to feel very bad, head pains and what not, had to come back to it.

It would also be nice if you commented on veganism, if you know anything about it.
    I made a post about nutrition in one of TBTL's threats.

An interesting video about pepsi coke and Amitabh Bachan:
    http://youtu.be/-mJNExTIVS4

4. Re: Yama 9, Mitahara, Moderate appetite

I found this one hope it helps:
    When somebody drinks a Coke, watch what happens.
    - In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.
    - 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (There’s plenty of that at this particular moment)
    - 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.
    - 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
    - In just over 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
    - In just over 60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.
    - In just over 60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by paul59539 View Post
    I found this one hope it helps:
    When somebody drinks a Coke, watch what happens.
    - In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.
    - 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (There’s plenty of that at this particular moment)
    - 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.
    - 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
    - In just over 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
    - In just over 60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.
    - In just over 60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.
    Vannakkam: Welcome to these forums, BTW. No wonder I can't drink even half a pop any more without feeling ridiculously ill.

Aum Namasivaya

Thread Information