Thread: Prayer Requests subforum

Prayer Requests subforum

Namaste,

I would like to request a subforum for Prayer Requests. It can be right in the Lounge section of the forums. I know that you don't want too many subforums on the site, but I think this will be a really good and helpful subforum. I have also seen other religious forums with a subforum for prayer requests. This is one of the best forums I have ever known, but to me this is the one thing that is missing. We all have major and minor events in our lives that we need help and guidance for. Asking fellow forum members to pray to their ishta deva for them or just to include them in their daily prayers can never hurt.

Jai Sri Ganesha

Re: Prayer Requests subforum

Would anybody else be interested, or am I the only one?

I am interested. That Idea Sounds Awseome!
    -AASHNA DEVI SHUKLA- ॐ नमस्ते / ॐ नमः शिवाय

Namaste,

I think this is a great idea as well. Although, if satayji doesn't want to create a whole new subforum, we can always just start a thread called "Prayer Requests" or something and people can put their prayer requests there.

Jai Sri Krishna

I would like to start out and make a request for prayers from our members.

My grandmother has been admitted to the hospital four days ago, because of a lung infection. She had a heart attack four years ago, the doctors discovered that after the heart infarctation her heart detoriated and is now only partially functioning.

Please, join us in prayers.

dear sahasranama,

My wishes are with your grandmother , you and all your family. Hope everything gets well very soon.

Namah shivaye .
    When the light has risen, there is no day, no night, neither existence nor non-existence; Siva alone is there. That is the eternal, the adorable light of Savitri, - and the ancient wisdom proceeded thence (Svetasvatara Upanishad IV-18). :)

We could just start a thread, but I was thinking a subforum would be better and people could just start a thread for a specific prayer requests. In those threads, members could say that they will be praying and they could also offer advice, if necessary. This would be better than just putting everything in one thread and getting everything all jumbled up.

Also, I think it's important for people to respond to the prayer requests and let the OP know they will be praying, instead of just reading it and then praying for them. Sometimes, just knowing the fact that other people are praying for you makes you feel better. You could use this icon () to show that you are praying, just say that you will be praying, and of course offer advice if needed for the person requesting the prayer.

I think this subforum would be a great addition to HDF, but if satay is adamant that he does not want to create a subforum, I would at least want a thread called "Prayer Requests" to be stickied in the Canteen so it is always at the top and people can always see it. I still think a subforum in the Lounge would be better, though.

Jai Sri Ganesha

Quote Originally Posted by Sahasranama View Post
    I would like to start out and make a request for prayers from our members.

My grandmother has been admitted to the hospital four days ago, because of a lung infection. She had a heart attack four years ago, the doctors discovered that after the heart infarctation her heart detoriated and is now only partially functioning.

Please, join us in prayers.

Jai Sri Ganesha

Thread Information