Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Nice, clean humour

Re: Nice, clean humour

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam: We were dining out with some old friends. He accidentally spilled a glass of water on me, but immediately quipped, "I was just doing Murugan abhishekham." (For those who didn't catch the joke, my real name is Murugan.)

Aum Namasivaya
    Sanatana Dharma ki Jai!
    Jai Hanuman

From Hindu Press International

Three monks met and decided to practice meditation together. They sat by the side of a lake and closed their eyes in concentration. Suddenly, the first one stood up and said, "I forgot my mat." He stepped miraculously onto the water in front of him and walked across the lake to their hut on the other side. When he returned, the second monk stood up and said, "I forgot to put my other clothes to dry." He, too, walked calmly across the water and returned the same way. The third monk watched the first two carefully in what he decided must be the test of his own abilities. "Is your learning so superior to mine? I can match any feat you two can perform," he declared loudly and rushed to the water's edge to walk across it. He promptly fell into the deep water. Undeterred, he climbed out of the water and tried again, only to sink. Yet again he climbed out and yet again he tried, each time sinking into the water. This went on for some time as the other two monks watched. After a while, the second monk turned to the first and said, "Do you think we should tell him where the stones are?"
    satay

One day a young boy was reading the Upanishad and was inspired by the storys. He went out to play and saw lots of people gathering around a man in a white robe, he went to investigate and sat down on the grass.

The man said:
     "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also"

The young boy recognised the wise words and he wonderd if the man will tell his favorite story.

"Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit?"

Again the boy recognised the wise words and the young boy put his hands up. The man looked at the boy and said "yes child?" the boy asked "when will you tell the story of Yajnavalkya and the cows?"  

The katha Upanishad 2:10
    "I know that earthly treasures are transient, And never can I reach the eternal through them. Hence have I renounced all my desires for earthly treasures..."

The katha Upanishad 2:5 
    "Ignorant of there ignorance, yet wise in there own esteem, those deluded men proud of there vain learning go round and round like blind led by the blind"

Religion = self idenity = entrapment,
    Only in silence will you find God.

Vannakkam: Here's the link to my humour column. It's now in two newspapers. Not exactly Hindu, but reflective thinking does enter the picture occasionally. Downright nasty picture they got of me. If you click on my name, it'll give you all the back columns.

http://www.overeasyplease.com/oep/20...good/#comments

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

Happy father's day ya'll.

Those of you who are old enough to relate to Archie Bunker, here is a bit of old time Americana juxtaposed with Mr. Obama, for my 1000th post.

http://videos2view.net/bunker.htm

Pranam.
    Last edited by Believer; 17 June 2012 at 04:11 PM.

Namaste Viraja,

Your grand parents must have been very rich to be able to afford such a long name for their child; all I got was three names, first, middle and last name; my parents being just above the poverty line could not afford much more.

And now for the sake of privacy issue, if that is your mother's real name, you should probably replace it with an invented one, as giving out real names on the internet is not advisable. Besides, that name could have clues to your secret questions for Credit Card related matters.

Pranam.

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    And now for the sake of privacy issue, if that is your mother's real name, you should probably replace it with an invented one, as giving out real names on the internet is not advisable. Besides, that name could have clues to your secret questions for Credit Card related matters.

Pranam.
    Oh, yeah, thank you Believerji. I changed the real name in the end to a fake one. Thanks again!
    jai hanuman gyan gun sagar jai kapis tihu lok ujagar

Namaste,

Seeing this picture on the cover of an old issue of Newsweek magazine cracked me up.

Pranam.

Thread Information