Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Religious freedom, the path to peace: a Carmelite convert from Hinduism comments - As

Re: Religious freedom, the path to peace: a Carmelite convert from Hinduism comments

Ones that have been converted may be lost, but have hope.

My family's heritage is Cherokee. My ggg Grandfather was converted to Christianity because he thought it would spare our family going on the trail of tears....he learned English...wore only western clothes and made his family do the same.

His christian name he took was Christmas. Because it was on that holiday that he converted our family. The white U.S. government soldiers drug him and our family out of his home like dogs. It was the color of his skin...he could change his religion, language...even his clothes. But all of it would never change his skin.

Years....years and years passed. Until this moment.

Every child, every single child, born to his gg grandchildren are an Eastern religion. It's a very close match to those native beliefs.

Even the swastika is present.

So it may not be this generation, that a convert's mistake is fixed. But eventually, the Truth comes around again...and a child...strong enough to bear it's weight, despite the culture around them.

Have hope.

Re: Religious freedom, the path to peace: a Carmelite convert from Hinduism comments

Quote Originally Posted by Believer View Post
    I am sorry to tell you Bryon that in India, conversion is a one way street. Anyone converting to Islam or Christianity is gone for good. They seldom re-convert. And it's always the whole clan or village that goes, not just individuals. The church specifically instructs the converts to sever all ties with the ones from the clan who refused to convert, thereby eliminating any desire for going back. Things are lot different there than what we have in the US. It is not a matter of choice, but more of incentive for financial advantage for a short duration. Once the converts are sucked in, the money dries up and they find themselves to be as poor as before the conversion. It is a vicious cycle and naive poor uneducated people get duped into this fraudulent scheme. Anyways, it is bound to happen and no one is going to stop it. Having access to internet down the line is not going to help, as the converts would be "more catholic" than the "born Catholics" in the West.
    Namaste Believer,

I have read about Hindus who converted to Christianity and ended up converting back to Hinduism.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3534071.stm

These occasions are rare, but they still provide hope. As the article says, the VHP is planning on converting back thousands of former Hindus.

You are right that the missionaries tell the converts to sever all ties with their families. Then the missionaries leave, and the converts are left dirt poor and they can't go back to their families because they cut off ties with them. But it is up to the Hindus to go out and reconvert these people. It is up to the Hindus to welcome those people back into Sanatana Dharma, even though they got fooled and suckered into Christianity. That is exactly what the VHP and others are doing, and I pray that they succeed.

Jai Sri Krishna

Thread Information