Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: quran scientific contradiction - geocentricism

Re: quran scientific contradiction - geocentricism

As for the discussion on Atheism. It would be better to have it seperately.

Atheism is a reasonable position. It comes in various stripes. And its not too much to ask of spiritual texts that do not appear to be contorted tall tales which can only be seen as products of ancient times or contradictory to logic and what is observed in the natural world.

I would say taking on being an Atheist temporarily to get a taste of it might even be good. Because instead of relying on blind faith and mere acceptance, you will suspend believing and following and instead force yourself to think and ask questions.

Of course spirituality and rationality are not contradictory but many fail to uphold both simultaneously.

A Maoist of course is in no way an open-minded and reasonable person. And some Atheists are only interested in taking the piss out of someone merely for the sake of it and acquiring reputation in public circles through pompous slandering of theists and theistic views.

I would appreciate that people don't unecessarily lash out on Atheists or Atheism.

Atheists are very good allies of Hindus. By God on our side, thankfully they do most of the criticism against Abrahamism, saving us of the trouble

And many of them can respect Hinduism for our robust philosophy.

As scriptures prophecized, this is the age of quarrel. We'll just maintain our standards by avoiding any disputes.

Also Atheism is not a religion. We can argue that some Atheists cling on to being an Atheist as an identity to that of their former religion's one and Atheistic literature/philosophies as some type of replacement for religion. But let's not stoop to the level of Christians and Muslims, shall we? Atheism is the lack of religion. Just like not doing anything is NOT a hobby.

Mr.Eastern Mind said

"The very fact an atheist comes onto a forum to argue with Hindus, to me, is by definition derogatory by nature"

Exactly. Those who doesn't believe Hinduism need not come here and criticize our practices.

As a true Hindu we are not suppose to criticize other practices including Atheism.

Hinduism is basically formed on the principle of Sanathana Dharma where all practices are accepted.

I wish everybody reads the lectures of Swamy Vivekananda on Sanathana Dharma

http://www.arunachala-ramana.org/for...p?topic=5559.0

All the best
    'Let Noble Thoughts come to us from all sides' – Rigveda 1-89-i.

hari o
    ~~~~~~

namasté

When one's śraddhā श्रद्धा faith, trust , confidence , faithfulness is strong, one is unwavering. No one can come to this site and disrupt ones kratu, or firm resolve.

My teacher would say , any house can stand in good weather. What happens to the house when there is a storm? Is it on good footing ? Is the foundation strong?

No one can come to this site and bring grief or irritability to you unless you allow them to do so to you.

praṇām

words
    kratu - resolution; intelligence , understanding e.g. bhadrá krátu , right judgement , good understanding ; kratu as intelligence personified
    as a son of brahmā and one of the prajāpati-s or the seven or ten principal ṛṣi-s.
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Pranam Yajvan

in this connection a quote from Gandhi ji comes to mind

Let wind blow from all direction but i refuse to be blown by it.

A good foundation that is the requirement but what about foundation which not set yet?

Jai Shree Krishna
    Rig Veda list only 33 devas, they are all propitiated, worthy off our worship, all other names of gods are derivative from this 33 originals,
    Bhagvat Gita; Shree Krishna says Chapter 3.11 devan bhavayatanena te deva bhavayantu vah parasparam bhavayantah sreyah param avapsyatha Chapter 17.4 yajante sattvika devan yaksa-raksamsi rajasah pretan bhuta-ganams canye yajante tamasa janah
    The world disappears in him. He is the peaceful, the good, the one without a second.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Quote Originally Posted by Ganeshprasad View Post
    Pranam Yajvan

A good foundation that is the requirement but what about foundation which not set yet? Jai Shree Krishna
    An excellent question no doubt... If one is not strong as yet it is my opinion they look to the elders for guidence.

Just as a fence that surrounds a small-small tree, it protects the tree. Then the tree becomes the mighty oak and it then hovers over and protects the fence.

praṇām
    यतसà¥à¤¤à¥à¤µà¤‚ शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṠśivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Wink Re: quran scientific contradiction - geocentricism

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar_Das View Post
    maxpsycho, nice username.

from the start he has no reason to post on my thread. probably just another sullah itching to respond to my owning of his shi**y "scripture".

I'll tell what he wanted to achieve with that post. Trying to highlight some absurdity of some sort within Hindu scriptures to show that we too have flaws.

Very much like the guy who has faeces sticking to his buttocks and stinks because of that, is laughed at by others, and he as a result of this trying to scratch and point at others that they too are like him therefore both share in filthyness and him looking less stinky in comparison. Such lowliness is only characteristic of Abrahamics.
    I'm not perfectly sure whether this insult was intended for me or someone else. If someone else, please disregard the rest of this post.

If it was me, then Kumar Das it seems you are not aware of how much more insulting you have been than you probably intended.

To be called a Muslim, or in my case "religious" in any way, is akin to being called anything else which I'm not, i.e. a Hindu, a Jew, a Christian, a Sikh, a Buddhist, a Mormon, a Scientologist etc.

However I take these titles to be just a little bit more offensive than for example, "a careless idiot" - because at least a careless idiot may have one or two intelligent thoughts in his lifetime as opposed to be being, dogmatically, a fool. I'm an atheist - simply put, someone who has heard your and countless others' religious claims, looked at the facts and the evidence, and found the claims to be ridiculous.

Now if you're saying I have no reason to post on your thread - I think you need to familiarise yourself with the purpose of "forums" - they are for discussions and threads are called "threads" because they refer to threads of conversation - if you're more interested in writing your thoughts or praises about something you like without non-agreeable comments from others, go and write a blog or a diary instead.

My reasons for commenting on these posts, and basically these forums is two-fold - one, to learn more about Hinduism, the religion of my parents and one that I was brought up in, and two, to raise awareness amongst others about the perils of absolute certainty in relation to religious dogma. I joined this forum, because I did truly believe that there may be individuals here that would welcome a chance to discuss and critique their moral philosophy and religious ideas with someone who doesn't share their view of it.

Yes, my approach may seem a little forward and, to a certain extent, sarcastic and confrontational, but the reality is that I am merely trying to get a dialogue going about the epistemology of Hinduism, i.e. how do we know what we know about the natural world, and to what extent does Hinduism influence and affect not only this knowledge, but the lives of its adherents. (I attribute the sarcasm to the years spent reading P.G. Wodehouse and Mark Twain).

I am not one to dabble in human faeces however and am at a slight disadvantage in understanding your parable of swapping excrement, something that you clearly have had the misfortune of experiencing for which you have my condolences. (Now THAT is meant purely for humour purposes).

Thread Information