Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The only type of Islam that I respect alot

Re: The only type of Islam that I respect alot

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Mind View Post
    Vannakkam:

They certainly refer to their own religious structures as mosques.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/sto...ry-mosque.html

I was more wondering how the anti-Islam Hindus here feel about them. Personally, I think they're doing a good thing, and I've heard of a few more 'radical' Moslems cross over to join the group.

Or is it a case of any Moslem is a bad Moslem?

Although others Islamic groups consider them as outsiders, they themselves don't.

Perhaps their community is much stronger here in Canada than elsewhere.

Aum Namasivaya
    They can refer to themselves as what they want, as long as they are not considered Muslims by any other Muslim groups, except themselves, they are not Muslims. So this group is not an example of a liberal muslim sect but it is a persecuted religious minority in islamic countries quite similar to Bahai sect, followers of Baha ullah, or Christians or Hindus:

In the period 1984-2009, 105 Ahmadis were killed in Pakistan, according to two authors writing in Viewpoint, a Pakistani online magazine. “During the same period, 22 Ahmadiyah mosques were demolished, 28 were sealed by authorities, 11 were set on fire and 14 were occupied, while construction of 41 was banned. In at least 47 cases, burials were denied in common graveyards while 28 bodies were exhumed,” the two wrote.
    Since 2000, an estimated 400 Ahmadis have been formally charged in criminal cases, including blasphemy. Many remain imprisoned....Religious minorities in general and Ahmadis in particular are not treated by the Pakistani state as equal citizens. They are routinely intimidated and persecuted because of their faith.
    Unless the state changes its mind-set about minorities, they will live under constant threat, which is against international human rights laws and the constitution of Pakistan.

Jakarta Globe

Mauritius was the first country to declare them non-Muslims in 1930's, followed by South Africa. In 1974, Islamic Republic of Pakistan became the first Muslim country to pass a law and legally declared Qadianis/Ahmadis/Lahoris a non-Muslim minority, giving them all the rights of a minority that are gauranteed in its constitution. In the same year, An International Convention of Islamic Scholars was held in Makkah AlMukarramah under the auspeces of Rabita AlAlam AlIslami. Scholars from 124 countries unanimously declared Qadianis/Ahmadis as non-Muslim, disbelievers and out of the fold of Islam. This sealed the fate of this creed for ever in the Arab World and other Muslim Nations.

Despite these religious edicts, Ahmadiyya Movement and its followers (ahmadis) continue to pretend to be Muslim and the Champions of Islam, who are admired by the Westerners for their moderate views. The reason for their obstinacy is quite obvious. They are the fifth columnists amongst the Muslims and their so-called islamic identity provide a cover for their clandestine activities while they continue to serve the interests of their masters.

Dr syed rashid ali (Anti Ahmadiyya Movement in Islam)
    Last edited by MahaHrada; 28 July 2010 at 08:06 AM.

Thread Information