Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is Shiva the Right Deity to Worship?

Re: Is Shiva the Right Deity to Worship?

namaste Yajvan.

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    Saidevo once said, we are not looking for uniformity , but the unity of all in things. These are wise words.
    Good God, those were not my words, but KAnchi ParamAchArya's. Here is the full quote:

"That the beliefs and customs of the various religions are different cannot be a cause for complaint. Nor is there any need to make all of them similar. The important thing is for the followers of the various faiths to live in harmony with one another. The goal must be unity, not uniformity. "
    रत्नाकरधौतपदां हिमालयकिरीटिनीम् ।
    ब्रह्मराजर्षिररत्नाढ्यां वन्दे भारतमातरम् ॥

To her whose feet are washed by the ocean, who wears the Himalayas as her crown, and is adorned with the gems of rishis and kings, to Mother India, do I bow down in respect.

--viShNu purANam

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    i am also impelled by Vishnu feature, which is mAyA.
    LOL. Of course here I could joke "Mayavadis think everything is Brahman except Vishnu, who is maya".

But normally, most Hindus seem to agree that all forms of God have been told to us by sages and the revealed scriptures. They are divine revelations or manifestations of an expression of God fit for worship.

So knowing that they have been revealed to say, Vyasa, who is on the shuddha-sattva level, shouldn't these forms also be said to be shuddha-sattva (pure eternal spiritual forms) even by Advaitins even if they don't seem to agree that the ultimate reality is a little blue cowherd boy?

In other words, they could be seen as forms of what may appear as imagination but as divine revelations they have a firm basis in eternity, even if you don't like the idea of Vishnu eternally existing as a four-armed human being with limbs of concentrated Brahman (though you might like that of Shiva, lol).

You see, I am trying to wind up where I began with as many questions as assertions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasa1976 View Post
    LOL. Of course here I could joke "Mayavadis think everything is Brahman except Vishnu, who is maya".
    Ha Ha. See the effect of Vishnu feature yourself. Did I say that Vishnu=mAyA? I said mAyA is a feature of Vishnu --- or any other way you may state it.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namast saidevo,

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    namaste Yajvan.

Good God, those were not my words, but KAnchi ParamAchArya's. Here is the full quote:
    Yes, I recall this... and I could have said it better , that you have brought these words to HDF via svāmī-ji . I was happy just to remember these words

praṇām
    यतस्त्वं शिवसमोऽसि
    yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si
    because you are identical with śiva

_

Admin Note

Thread under review.
    satay

Thread Information