Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Shrine

My Shrine

I have a small shrine that I made myself.. I drew the Picture and everything. It's in my Music Studio room (No other place I can fit it)
    But here it is

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/100_0289.jpg

Re: My Shrine

Namaste Tirisilex,

Very nice! That's a beautiful drawing as well.

Jai Sri Krishna

Quote Originally Posted by Tirisilex View Post
    I have a small shrine that I made myself..
    A shrine made with labor of LOVE. Can't beat that!
    Hope it brings you eternal peace and joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirisilex View Post
    I have a small shrine that I made myself.. I drew the Picture and everything. It's in my Music Studio room (No other place I can fit it)
    But here it is

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/a...1/100_0289.jpg
    Vannakkam Tirisilex:

I like it.

Aum Namasivaya

Namaste,

I think it's really beautiful I don't have shrine yet, so I can't compare. I also would want [& will have] picture shrine.

Have a nice day,
    ~Alice
    Siva Yogaswami used to say, "It takes courage to be happy all the time."

Vannakkam: Here is the thread that shows a lot of different shrines. Several people sent them in earlier.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...ictures+shrine

Aum namasivaya

7. Re: My Shrine

Tirisilex, it is very nice indeed but... without wanting to sound too discouraging, I believe it is better to keep private those things which are related to one's personal worship, bhajan etc, at least in my tradition (traditional Gaudiya Vaisnava). It is also my personal experience that upon talking or showing my internal realizations or moods or plans they become slack and lose their power.

Of course, this doesn't mean you should keep them totally within you. It is always good to discuss this in a small circle of confidential and like-minded persons as they can help you in many respects, but to show them to the whole world can be detrimental.

Again, I am writing it from my point of view, your tradition may view it differently. In every case see this please as my heartfelt advice, not as a kind of imposing rule.

JAI !!! its beautifull !!!

My shrine is made up of things that people from my temple have given to me - it feels more special because of that - even though its simple..

I make japa bags and tulsi necklaces - and i always feel the things Ive made are more special when I make them myself.

Your picture is as good as anything you could find on a website - you are very talanted !!!!
    Jagganatha Swami nayana patha gami bhavatu me !!

Nice altar and picture. You certainly have talent and devotion.

Here is a simple picture of Krishna I drew.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7&id=777548629

Vanakkam Avie:

Great shrine! Kind of reminds me of a conversation I was having with my dad a few days ago. He used to work in Saudi Arabia some years ago where, by law, non-Islamic culture (temples, idols, pictures of deities, etc.) is not allowed. He said that never affected him. His said temple was his home and I guess he made a shrine similar to yours (with Ganesha - his Ishta Daivatham). :-) The Saudis couldnt prevent that, could they!

Thread Information