Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Liberation

Re: Liberation

Quote Originally Posted by atanu View Post
    I will supplement the above with some examples (borrowed from morning newspaper)

If a wave tries to find water, it will turn out be a difficult task indeed. But if the wave subsides and then tries to find water, it will realise that it is first water and then onle a wave.

If a gold ornament seeks gold, it will eventually learn, it is first gold and then an ornament -- a shape (a design).

Asaram Bapu
    Sorry Atanuji
    I did not get it . Brahman is always there , jeeva may be or may not be there .
    Wave exists then the water looses its shape . Ornament exists then gold looses its shape .
    Can it be assumed that A vivek is same as Avivek or A saram as Asaram .

Quote Originally Posted by kd gupta View Post
    Sorry Atanuji
    I did not get it . Brahman is always there , jeeva may be or may not be there.
    Namaste Guptaji

I agree.

Wave exists then the water looses its shape . Ornament exists then gold looses its shape.

Do you mean to say that Gold becomes 'Not gold' or Gold loses its Goldness?

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

I have but a couple of questions.. You say Sayuja-Mukti is the Ultimate Goal?
    Do you accept the other four as "Sub" existences? Sarupya-Mukti, Salokya-Mukti, Sarsti-Mukti, and Samipya-Mukti? Or they do not exist at all??

Are there Mundane material worlds and Spiritual worlds to advance to?

I'm just trying to make sense of this stuff.. I just realized because I'm quite ignorant that the "BG as it is" is not the "Divine" Translation and that it's not entirely accurate.. I never sat down with my 3 versions before and compared.
    They are quite different (Each of them)

Quote Originally Posted by Tirisilex View Post
    I have but a couple of questions.. You say Sayuja-Mukti is the Ultimate Goal?
    Do you accept the other four as "Sub" existences? Sarupya-Mukti, Salokya-Mukti, Sarsti-Mukti, and Samipya-Mukti? Or they do not exist at all??
    Namaste Tirisilex

It has been repeated that Self is the beginning, the middle, and the end of BEINGS. Do we know it? The Self is all the time covered up by 'I-ME-Mine' of all the Beings.

To know the singular unbroken Self underneath these 'I-Me-Mine'-s is the goal. Without experiencing the Self as singlular and as the beginning, the middle, and the end of all beings, how will one claim to have attained the goal? Sayujja Mukti alone can reveal this Truth of singular unbroken intelligent Self exisiting supportless, yet that which is support of all beings.

Else all the time Self is veiled by some being or other. (Sayujja does not mean annhilation of all. The Self cannot be annhilated).

Are there Mundane material worlds and Spiritual worlds to advance to?
    Brihadaraynaka U. says:

There are only two worlds. This (the world of waking) and That (heaven -- the world of Devas, which is equated to life force). The dream world is the intermediate one.

I prefer the teachings of the Upanishad. But how does it matter? One's goal is to know the Self and not to know the numerous worlds that may come up.

I'm just trying to make sense of this stuff.. I just realized because I'm quite ignorant that the "BG as it is" is not the "Divine" Translation and that it's not entirely accurate.. I never sat down with my 3 versions before and compared.
    They are quite different (Each of them)

I believe what Ekanta and Jogesh have opined about Shri Prabhupada's 'As it is'.

But to each according to taste. You must evaluate logically and with devotion to your goal -- and then select the path which is easiest for you. For me, the language of Shri Prabhupada's 'As It is' is mythical that no one has experienced in my environment and that no one can logically prove. That is not for me.

Best Wishes. We have talked enough, I think.

Om Namah Shivaya
    That which is without letters (parts) is the Fourth, beyond apprehension through ordinary means, the cessation of the phenomenal world, the auspicious and the non-dual. Thus Om is certainly the Self. He who knows thus enters the Self by the Self.

Question Re: Liberation

So what is the point of Liberation? If we are gonna meet an end no matter what.. then why? When I read BG 10:20 I take it as.. He is the End of all that lives within this Material world.. and not in "the spiritual" This is My HO.
    just check this website kamakoti.org,50 divine thought.
    Om purnam adah, purnam idam, purnat purnam udacyate; purnasya purnam adaya puram evavasisyate
    Om Santih! Santih! Santih
    That is Full; this is full. From the Full does the Full proceed. After the coming of the Full from the full, the Full alone remains
    Om. Peace! Peace! Peace!

So what is the point of Liberation? If we are gonna meet an end no matter what.. then why? When I read BG 10:20 I take it as.. He is the End of all that lives within this Material world.. and not in "the spiritual" This is My HO.
    Dear Tirisilex,

The end point of both material and spiritual world is one. As it is together that forms the entity called God. Only thing is that this God is the superset of all lesser combinations of material and spiritual world.

Ofcourse the route to Him through the material world takes a huge loop (millions and millions years and more) and may not be even complete before the human race perish. This is said in a subtle way in Ramayana when Rishi Viswamitra asks Rama to choose the path to his ashrama : 14 days path or 14 months path. The 14 months path is easy but long and 14 days path is tough but short.

Spiritual path is abstract and tough but is shorter.

This is best understood by looking at the present happenings. India, long back, had hardly much (like other parts of the world) materialistic science but was mature in terms of spiritual knowledge. From there they derived the needs of life by connecting ad networking through the nature. Ayurveda, astronomy, big bang or cyclic nature of universe, timescale, life of universe, the mind, the body, intellect, consciousness, etc all were connected to have a synergic life. With so much of knowledge on harmonic living they did not have any science and labs to prove.

See today. The Science and Labs of today's materistic world have taken a long route and is coming out with the similar results. And there are still so much to cover. That is why hinduism is always for science.

That the spiritual path is shorter way to the knowledge was known to the great people but again this is only for a very few geniuses. That is why the religions and sects have come up (was the original intentions) to guide the people to the spirituality.

Yes both of the path leads to same goal but spirituality makes it lightening faster.

Love and best wishes

I have another person at a different site telling me that Liberation is Soooo Rare that only 1 in a billion can reach it.. He's saying that we are all guilty of killing Bugs and therefore are destined for Hell

I have another person at a different site telling me that Liberation is Soooo Rare that only 1 in a billion can reach it.. He's saying that we are all guilty of killing Bugs and therefore are destined for Hell
    Do you believe them?

Nope.. not at all

Thread Information