Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vedas, Puranas and the Hollow Earth Theory - Part 1 or 3

Re: Vedas, Puranas and the Hollow Earth Theory - Part 1 or 3

I read a lot of bad ISKCON mentions...

As someone who got to know Sanatana Dharma through ISKCON I feel the need to understand and if possibly, change these issues in the future.

Re: Vedas, Puranas and the Hollow Earth Theory - Part 1 or 3

Saidevo,

You wrote:
    Nicholas Roerich, a famous Russian explorer, artist and mystic, traversed the myserious regions of Himalayas during the 1920s and 30s, specifically in search of the lost realm of Shambala. He wrote a book titled Shambhala, which was published in 1930, along with Himalayas: Abode of Light and Heart of Asia. Roerich wrote of Shambala in his book that:
    Shambhala itself is the Holy Place, where the earthly world links with the higher states of consciousness...many speculations have been made about the location of the earthly Shambhala. Certain indications put this place in the extreme North, explaining that the rays of Aurora Borealis are the rays of Shambhala.... but this is incorrect, Shambhala is only north in relation to India, being perhaps on the Pamir, in Turkestan, or in the Central Gobi...

He associates it with the underground city of "Agharti" and with the "White Island", and that its "Splendid Valley" is reached via subterranean passages from the Himalayas. He further adds that "the underground caverns of Central Asia are inhabited to this day by the people called the Agharti, or Chud, and that when the time of purification comes, say the legends, they will emerge in their glory".
    I think he might be just going on things he was told, or maybe it was invented by him in addition to what he heard. So Roerich's claims are not a major proof for me, even though he is a neat quixotic figure.

Thread Information