Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vedas, Puranas and the Hollow Earth Theory - Part 1 or 3

Re: Vedas, Puranas and the Hollow Earth Theory - Part 1 or 3

Quote Originally Posted by Saidevo

I think, in summary, most of us here would broadly agree on certain perspectives:

1. That the theories of today's science, specially with regard to the origin of the universe and quantum mechanics, are diverse and often do not agree with each other.
    The field of Dharma is also replete with diverse and often conflicting perspectives!

Quote Originally Posted by Saidevo

At best, we can take them for glorified hypotheses.

Arrow Re: Vedas, Puranas and the Hollow Earth Theory - Part 1 or 3

Quote Originally Posted by Sudarshan

Hmm, so Meru is at the north pole and 84,000 yojanas in height and Brahma sits at the top, and we cant see them because of our limited faculties?
    Please read on:

On the still heart of the heavens

On the rim of the world

On the turn and return of the wheel

Question Re: Vedas, Puranas and the Hollow Earth Theory - Part 1 or 3

Quote Originally Posted by Sudarshan

There is absolutely no evidence for any scientific theories with regards to life and universe.

Scientists, especially astronomers and some biologists can be classified as extremely superstitious people, far worse that an average villager.

http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0207/hollowearth.html

(Fair use rules!)

The Hollow Earth Explorer has a New Champion

<snip>

"I cannot go to the Moon, nor can I go to Mars," says Dr. Agnew. "But I can go to the North Pole," he says with his familiar smile and zeal. This area of planet Earth has never been seen by human eyes. Utilizing leading-edge science such as side-scan sonar, dynamo sensing, and gyroscopic global circumference tracking, the team expects to precisely measure the crust and the ocean physical properties to reveal unprecedented features about our planet. Sea-water chemistry, marine life cataloging, and even magnetic measurements will be collected during the 13-day expedition to see if there is any hard evidence that might support the hollow Earth hypothesis.

Now, no experiment on this subject would be complete without the other components so vehemently demanded by millions of paranormal prognosticators. There is a multidimensional aspect to this subject matter. Many believe that there is a void in the interior of the Earth, but that it is fourth, and perhaps even fifth dimensional. These dimensions may require the observer to access higher vibrational levels than the vast sea of seeing-is-believing folks that clog our freeways. There will also be observation effects from the very measurement of these never before seen regions of planet Earth. Something or someone might be disturbed by this process. In other words, if the side-scan sonar sends a pulse across the bow of a 200-foot ship peacefully parked on the floor of the 4200-meter deep ocean, it might relocate itself. Besides being graphed by the sonar software, when that craft moves someone is going to get that movement on film.

ZN
    yaireva patanaM dravyaiH siddhistaireva choditA .
    shrI kauladarshane chApi bhairaveNa mahAtmanA .

It is revealed in the sacred doctrine of Kula and by the great Bhairava, that the perfection is achieved by that very means by which fall occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by saidevo View Post
    Namaste Sudarshan,

If Lokas are 'only states of consciousness', the same would apply to our Devas, Gods and Rishis, who occupy such Lokas. As manifestations of Brahman, our Gods and Rishis, we know, are individual spiritual beings, with their own lines of spiritual evolution. Therefore the Lokas they occupy must be objective, albeit not physical worlds. When a Loka or a plane is objective it appears the same to every soul. As against this, the personal heavens of human souls are subjective (and are states of consciousness), as they differ with individuals. Even in this case, they are all housed in an objective heaven on the Mental World or Svargam.

The Ganga Nadhi, in the same way, is both physical (objective) and spiritual (subjective). As our Puranas say, as Patala Ganga, she must have entered the underworld where Kapila Rishi had an ashram. Inasmuch as we have no record of the complete subterranean map of our Earth, we can't say with certainty that there is no life underground.

Ramayana, being an Itihaasa, is considered to be history. The locations of Ramanaya events are still found in Bharatvarsha, even though they took place in Treta Yuga. Before constructing a bridge to Lanka, Rama prayed to Samudhra Rajan for permission to cross the ocean, which was his territory. As a spirit or deva in charge of the water bodies, Samudhra Rajan must be as much real as Rama himself, because devas has three rupas. In the same way, the Nagas could also be real beings, as countless legends in our holy land indicate.

The term Purana stands for history, not mythology. The term Itihasa, translated as epic (implying a composed story), is the history of a King and his family. Kanchi Paramacharya Sri Chandrasekharendra Sarasvati said that if we research our puranas and stala puranas, much of the history of Bharat could be written in an authentic manner.

Swami Prakashanand Saraswati in his book The True History and the Religion of India makes out a strong case for the historical authenticity and divinity of our puranas, upanishads and vedas. His Website http://www.encyclopediaofauthentichinduism.org/ contains extracts from his monumental work. I have quoted some of them here:

I don't say that all the contents of our Puranas is history, but I do believe that most of them are.
    Has anyone read that book^^^ Sometimes i have a hard time understanding what you guys are talking about because I dont know Sanskrit and I'm a Catholic from America. Anyway did anyone read that book that savideo mentioned. There are plenty of Christian and Muslims who have books defending the legitmacy of their faith, I hardly see any other faith system trying to defend their religious truths. Still, religious text shouldnt be forced to fit facts it should come naturally.
    "My spiritual father is Swami Vivekananda" Canibus

Truth does not need any defence.

When science and religion run into a deadlock that cant be resolved I tend to prefer the religeous view because science is aleays changing and the nature of these two knowledges are different.

However I dont accept most of the material in the purANa as history, but as an allegory. Parts of it is too absurd, violent and obscene to be included in a religeous text and serves little purpose in treating them as history. The same is true of allegorical stories like the bible or quran. Wherever followers have read these texts literally, there have been too much dogma and intolerance towards other faiths. Nowhere man has killed, injured or insulted others more cold bloodedly than from getting the sanction from a religeous text. Literal interpretation is not only not preferred but often dangerous!

If anyone is interested they might read this book.

https://www.vedamsbooks.com/no33132.htm

I dont agree fully with this author but agree with his line of approach.
    Guard your Dharma, Burn the Myth, Promote the Truth, Crush the superstition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
    Truth does not need any defence.

When science and religion run into a deadlock that cant be resolved I tend to prefer the religeous view because science is aleays changing and the nature of these two knowledges are different.

However I dont accept most of the material in the purANa as history, but as an allegory. Parts of it is too absurd, violent and obscene to be included in a religeous text and serves little purpose in treating them as history. The same is true of allegorical stories like the bible or quran. Wherever followers have read these texts literally, there have been too much dogma and intolerance towards other faiths. Nowhere man has killed, injured or insulted others more cold bloodedly than from getting the sanction from a religeous text. Literal interpretation is not only not preferred but often dangerous!

If anyone is interested they might read this book.

https://www.vedamsbooks.com/no33132.htm

I dont agree fully with this author but agree with his line of approach.
    I can see where your coming from. Recently, I've heard that the Jews Exodus into Egypt is being questioned because there is no archaelogical proof that the Jews were ever in Egypt from Eypgitian records. Still, wouldnt you like to know that your religion is from God and is not invented by man? The reason why I say this is because from my background, Christianity, the bible tells me to look out for false prophets false religions and gospels.There are even stories in their about people who worshiped false and an unkowable god. There is the story of the golden calf where the Israelites started to worship a golden calf. There is the story of Baal. These stories are there to show how false religions do exist. How do we know if one religion comes from Man or God? Christianity, and Islam can be false. Christianity and Hinduism can be true. but how do we know? In both christianity and Islam if we get the answer wrongly it could mean eternal damnation, which i dont believe in, but that is what is said. I think we should all be searching for the Truth.
    "My spiritual father is Swami Vivekananda" Canibus

Quote Originally Posted by Sagefrakrobatik View Post
    Has anyone read that book^^^ Sometimes i have a hard time understanding what you guys are talking about because I dont know Sanskrit and I'm a Catholic from America. Anyway did anyone read that book that savideo mentioned. There are plenty of Christian and Muslims who have books defending the legitmacy of their faith, I hardly see any other faith system trying to defend their religious truths. Still, religious text shouldnt be forced to fit facts it should come naturally.
    You only need to defend your system of belief when it is utter garbage; as it is clearly untrue. Sanatana Dharma, never has "needed" to defend itself from anyone at anytime. That is fact.

It's funny Christians and Abrahamics in general are so vociferous about their beliefs but they cannot defend the simplest and most fundamental tenets of their so-called 'religion'. I sure hope that you, a Catholic, does NOT believe this planet is just 6000 years old!! That is the biggest pile of garbage ever written and the lengths that some fundamentalists go to defend it is laughable!

Also, SATYAMEVA JAYATE (truth will truimph)! Hinduism needs no defense at all. That is why it does not proselytize either. People are attracted to Hinduism of their own accord, it doesn't need to herd people like sheep.

Sorry to bump such an old thread and not add anything constructive, but I just wanted to point out that this was the thread that made me join this forum.

I googled 'hollow earth' and 'vedas' and this discussion came up. Very good information in here.

I'd also like to invite/ask anyone who posted in this thread to speak some more if they think differently about anything posted or if there's new information to be added.

Thank you all again.

Namaste,

I am sorry but the notion of hollow earth theory is completely ridiculous from a scientific point of view. The Lokas in the Puranas do not refer to physical realms but other planes of reality. A lot of their content is very obviously symbolic, and taking them literally is quite insulting to ones intellect. I know the ISKON take their content literally and they have posted some nonsense online about what "Vedic science" teaches. They teach that the Earth rests on a giant tortoise. Does more need to be said?

I will, however say that is very possible that there are underground bases from extraterrestrial civilisations(having underground bases does not require the belief in a hollow earth) The US has already built many underground bases going miles underground. I have quite a bit of conspiracy theories on a so-called reptillian race(similar to the Nagas) that live in subterranisn cities. They are a Saurian race that went underground after the dinosaurs became extinct and evolved into an intelligent creatures. They are adapted to living subterranian climates.

However, because there is a genuine lack of evidence for them, believing in them is as credible as believing in big foot. I require more evidence before I believe in something. I will, concede the possibility though.

Thread Information