Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: neech bhanga rajyoga

Re: neech bhanga rajyoga

I know this is an old post, but
    I can show you a case where this qualifies, but I have yet to see a RajaYoga occur.

Moon in Scorpio. Venus in Taurus (lagna) so Venus is in kendra from both Moon and Lagna.
    Mars (dispositor of Moon) in Aries, so it has graha drishti on Moon.

Moon is in Kendra, aspected by Venus and Mars so it is a case of neechabhanga. Could well be a neechabhanga rajayoga by that definition, however I would say that while there is a neechabhanga in some ways (sunny, positive outlook and compassion/strength exist, along with worship of the divine Mother, though Sun and Mercury are also in lagna, AND saturn aspects so whos to say whos causing what), I cannot (yet) see a tangible Rajayoga here.. or perhaps a strong mind really is the Rajayoga

Quote Originally Posted by yajvan View Post
    hariḥ oṁ
    ~~~~~~

namasté

Lets take an one example of this nīca bhaṅga rāja yoga and use śani ( Saturn) as an example. Where is śani in nīca (debility) ? In Aries. For this example śani will remain in Aries, in nīca.

And in what sign is śani in ucca ( exaltation) ? In Libra. Who is the owner of the rāśi (sign) in which śani would be exalted (ucca) ?
    That would be śukra or Venus. For śani to have it's nīca (debility) broken or removed, śukra or Venus must reside in its ucca position that is a kendra ( 1st, 4th, 7th or 10th ) counted from the lagna ( ascendent) or from the moon position. This then fulfills nīca bhaṅga rāja yoga , and śani is now in a rāja yoga condition.

One must immediately ask, where is śukra exalted? In Pisces and its deepest exaltation occurs at 27º Pisces. So, one can work backwards and see where the lagna or moon must be for śani's nīca bhaṅga rāja yoga to occur.

That is a 'clean view' of this concept, yet in jyotish there are always riders, conditions, exceptions i.e. what if śukra aspects śani? What of the graha that owns Aries ( Mars) , what role does it play? What about the Sun? The Sun is exalted in Aries , and what if it resides in a kendra? What of other graha's that may reside with śani in Aries ? Does it matter if śani is the owner of a kendra ? Is this a requirement?

What if śani is in exaltation in the D9 ( navamśa) chart? How does this occur ? It must be in Aries between 20º to 23.20 º degrees in Aries in the D1 chart for this to occur. And nīca bhaṅga rāja yoga occurs.
    Can nīca bhaṅga occur and yet not cause a rāja yoga ? (yes).

All these questions and even more becomes part of one's study and review.

And when will this nīca bhaṅga rāja yoga bear fruit?

praṇām

Quote Originally Posted by Laalu View Post
    I know this is an old post, but
    I can show you a case where this qualifies, but I have yet to see a RajaYoga occur.

Moon in Scorpio. Venus in Taurus (lagna) so Venus is in kendra from both Moon and Lagna.
    Mars (dispositor of Moon) in Aries, so it has graha drishti on Moon.

Moon is in Kendra, aspected by Venus and Mars so it is a case of neechabhanga. Could well be a neechabhanga rajayoga by that definition, however I would say that while there is a neechabhanga in some ways (sunny, positive outlook and compassion/strength exist, along with worship of the divine Mother, though Sun and Mercury are also in lagna, AND saturn aspects so whos to say whos causing what), I cannot (yet) see a tangible Rajayoga here.. or perhaps a strong mind really is the Rajayoga
    Perhaps the two should be separated? Cancellation (bhanga) of debility (Neecha-bhanga) need not automatically make the blemished planets into king-makers (raj-yoga)...? In modern context raja-yoga usually simply means situations of power, generally over other people who are in the nativity's care. The implications, naturally vary with the location/community etc of the nativity (desh kal etc) which must be taken into account.

More intriguing is VRY and different too since the classical tenets of raj-yoga do not seem to be necessary! :-)

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Dear friends ,
    What goes by textual results , need not necessarily agree to the actual experience . When a planet gets neechabhan ga and it is sufficiently strong , the results are experienced during the period of the planet which gives the bhanga and the results offered by the planet which has that yoga . MAny cases I had seen that yoga materialises when the transits are good along with the dasa and anthardasas.Thus the actual fructification needs many factors .Here I am talking about the actual fructification of the best of the yoga and not just trace.

Cool Re: neech bhanga rajyoga

Namaste Sir,

I am not greedy, I don't mind a neecha bhanga sans raja yoga :-) But I would like to confirm that the neecha Chandra (even though it has strong neecha bhanga) has given me tremendous difficulties in the physical/material plane. The mind is strong and positive (Chandra being significator of the moon) but still prone to Saturns influence... but sitting in the Kalatra Bhava, it has never brought me close to any kind of long term partnership or business opportunity. I have struggled with both those areas despite having a nice strong unaspected 7th lord and strong Venus. So I always wonder when I hear about Neecha Bhangas, forget raja yogas.

That said, Yajvan jis explanation has been the most comprehensive one I have seen so far.

Thank you all for your guidance.

Best regards
    Laalu

Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    Perhaps the two should be separated? Cancellation (bhanga) of debility (Neecha-bhanga) need not automatically make the blemished planets into king-makers (raj-yoga)...? In modern context raja-yoga usually simply means situations of power, generally over other people who are in the nativity's care. The implications, naturally vary with the location/community etc of the nativity (desh kal etc) which must be taken into account.

More intriguing is VRY and different too since the classical tenets of raj-yoga do not seem to be necessary! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Laalu View Post
    Namaste Sir,

I am not greedy, I don't mind a neecha bhanga sans raja yoga :-) But I would like to confirm that the neecha Chandra (even though it has strong neecha bhanga) has given me tremendous difficulties in the physical/material plane. The mind is strong and positive (Chandra being significator of the moon) but still prone to Saturns influence... but sitting in the Kalatra Bhava, it has never brought me close to any kind of long term partnership or business opportunity. I have struggled with both those areas despite having a nice strong unaspected 7th lord and strong Venus. So I always wonder when I hear about Neecha Bhangas, forget raja yogas.

That said, Yajvan jis explanation has been the most comprehensive one I have seen so far.

Thank you all for your guidance.

Best regards
    Laalu
    I am happy for you, Laalu ji!
    Jyotish, usually learnt as any other technical subject is imbibed in a sequential manner and so we often see folks focussing on one factor at a time. Be it some yoga, arishta, a specific planetary placement, etc. In reality, though, all those factors coexist and act (indicate) in real life situations together. Something we all should always keep in mind when applying jyotish. In fact there are experienced folks who vehemently oppose co-utilizing the so-called Parashari perspective/framework with the so called Jaimini attributes. It is as if the same planet wears two different hats or has a split personality? That sounds a bit unrealistic if not unreasonable? It is true that a beginner could become confused particularly if the results due to the two facets are pointing in opposite directions. But ultimately one must remember that the neecha-bhanga for instance would need a consideration other than the binary (cancellation = 0 or cancellation = 1) one that some utilize.

Lot of folks, understandably tend to get elated when they see a good yoga in their chart or begin to feel as 'damaged goods' when they see a negative combination in charts, but ultimately -- if we believe in the supremacy of the karma conceptualization and view the lifetime as a means of learning and growth, then the positives as well as the negatives must be treated and really accepted as having an educational-heuristical purpose. We should not get stuck by or ignore either! An A+ student cannot afford to rest on his/her laurels; likewise, a C- learner must see negativities and lacunae as an area to focus on, make an effort in so that the scores improve with future score-cards (birth horoscopes in subsequent birthtimes).

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

A birth-epoch is a seemingly-random TRANSIT-epoch that gains a personal-meaningfulness and becomes a beacon in the current lifetime of the incarnated soul-fragment; the union of a kona (angle) with a trikona (trine)...?

Beautifully said, sir. Thank you.
    I started studying Jyotish because of a sequential offender (my mum) who constantly thought my debilitated moon was a thing of worry. She has not formally studied jyotisha. But she knows this one dangerous piece of info that neecha = debilitated.
    I am here today solely because I heard this so much through my childhood , I was determined to prove her wrong. Haha! Silly innocent me. An astrologer at the time explained to her that a strong Shukra, a strong Sun, all give much strength to the moon. And with that little hint on looking at the whole picture, I was drawn into trying to watch the whole movie.
    While I started studying to quell her fears, it proved to be more fascinating than a source for answers on things like jobs and marriages (those are still quite fascinating to me, as I wonder idly, now that I am planning to start a business venture) if my neecha graha is going to trouble me more. But ones own evolution changes so much with time, and dashas! that these things do eventually matter less.
    I am presenting this case here for other people who are trying to understand neecha grahas.
    I have made my peace with my beloved moon, and will defend the nakshtra Anuradha for life
    Pranaams.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohiniranjan View Post
    I am happy for you, Laalu ji!
    Jyotish, usually learnt as any other technical subject is imbibed in a sequential manner and so we often see folks focussing on one factor at a time. Be it some yoga, arishta, a specific planetary placement, etc. In reality, though, all those factors coexist and act (indicate) in real life situations together. Something we all should always keep in mind when applying jyotish. In fact there are experienced folks who vehemently oppose co-utilizing the so-called Parashari perspective/framework with the so called Jaimini attributes. It is as if the same planet wears two different hats or has a split personality? That sounds a bit unrealistic if not unreasonable? It is true that a beginner could become confused particularly if the results due to the two facets are pointing in opposite directions. But ultimately one must remember that the neecha-bhanga for instance would need a consideration other than the binary (cancellation = 0 or cancellation = 1) one that some utilize.

Lot of folks, understandably tend to get elated when they see a good yoga in their chart or begin to feel as 'damaged goods' when they see a negative combination in charts, but ultimately -- if we believe in the supremacy of the karma conceptualization and view the lifetime as a means of learning and growth, then the positives as well as the negatives must be treated and really accepted as having an educational-heuristical purpose. We should not get stuck by or ignore either! An A+ student cannot afford to rest on his/her laurels; likewise, a C- learner must see negativities and lacunae as an area to focus on, make an effort in so that the scores improve with future score-cards (birth horoscopes in subsequent birthtimes).

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Thread Information